Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

bvmv4life
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by bvmv4life »

My goodness Ironton is a good team and #45 is only a junior!!!?? He's a man among boys out there! My Cavs...what can you say...speechless...Chillicothe has talent but its mostly the Sophmores and Freshmen..if the administration and knuckle head parents keep on with the nonsense Coach Hinton will ride off in the sunset..quickly and not look back,regardless of family being in the Program..I really don't understand what they want as a Coach..I mean cmon Hinton has the credentials,knows the X's and O's etc...they have to be PATIENT,it will happen givin some time to build! I like Mr. Veris as a person(Chillicothes very own) but very quickly him and his sidekick principal(who is new also) are becoming a Cancer...don't let me start with the parents,I'LL SHAKE MY HEAD ON THAT ONE! Heads will really roll once the true starting QB finally gets back on Friday...PEOPLE LET COACH HINTON COACH AND LEAVE HIM ALONE!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

I have to agree with the class that the Ironton coaches and fans showed Friday night. Playing the JVs as much as they did not only insured they would receive no unneccessary injuries to key people, but they may have scored 100 points if the varsity would have stayed in. It is nice to know that you can, but do not have to. When I finished talking to my Chilly kinfolk and headed for the long drive north I noticed the Ironton folks handing out free hotdogs to the Chilly players. You folks have a great program and a great group o fans. Thank you to all Ironton program supporters! I believe I will see you all again later this year in the playoffs, good luck and I will come to support you up north in November.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bvmv4life wrote:My goodness Ironton is a good team and #45 is only a junior!!!?? He's a man among boys out there! My Cavs...what can you say...speechless...Chillicothe has talent but its mostly the Sophmores and Freshmen..if the administration and knuckle head parents keep on with the nonsense Coach Hinton will ride off in the sunset..quickly and not look back,regardless of family being in the Program..I really don't understand what they want as a Coach..I mean cmon Hinton has the credentials,knows the X's and O's etc...they have to be PATIENT,it will happen givin some time to build! I like Mr. Veris as a person(Chillicothes very own) but very quickly him and his sidekick principal(who is new also) are becoming a Cancer...don't let me start with the parents,I'LL SHAKE MY HEAD ON THAT ONE! Heads will really roll once the true starting QB finally gets back on Friday...PEOPLE LET COACH HINTON COACH AND LEAVE HIM ALONE!
WOW!! COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF BVMV!!!! THAT IS A CAV SUPPORTER WITH SOME SENSE. dO NOT GIVE UP COACH!! DO NOT GIVE UP BOYS!!! YOUR TIME IS COMING SOON!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe is trying to be a Program where the Irontons,Logans, and Jacksons are...can't have that when everyone is not on the same page...these parents who are crying are the ones who think their boy is a superstar and they really are not...I'm sick of it..they cried when Davidson was there,they cried to get Hinton here,now there crying because he's trying to put the best squad on the field...the talent is coming,through the middle schools on down its coming..I could keep on and on but let me shut up! GO CAVS!

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

bvmv4life wrote:Chillicothe is trying to be a Program where the Irontons,Logans, and Jacksons are...can't have that when everyone is not on the same page...these parents who are crying are the ones who think their boy is a superstar and they really are not...I'm sick of it..they cried when Davidson was there,they cried to get Hinton here,now there crying because he's trying to put the best squad on the field...the talent is coming,through the middle schools on down its coming..I could keep on and on but let me shut up! GO CAVS!
:-D SING IT BV!! SING IT BABY!! :-D

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Takes time to build anything worth having and some people refuse to see that from parents who think their kids are the best to school officials who know nothing more than what they are taught in a text book.
Some coaches are lucky and get the time needed and some just don't put up with it and leave.
Ironton was not always a good team but they was lucky and got a hall of Fame coach and was given the support needed to win with.
Hate to see good teams be bad when all it may take is support and understanding of the community it not only hurts a community when they don't it does damage also to the young men wanting to play and show they are winners on and off the field.
Sometimes it gets overlooked that these are teenagers and young men still growing and learning and trying to be the best they can be and they hear and see what is going on not only in chilly but in other schools across this region and state wish people could over look their pettiness and support their school like a proud parent and fan and booster of their program could.
that is what is needed for the kids and the schools to remember that today's actions builds or destroys tomorrows hopes.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

:?: :?: :?: Question to be considered.....Has Mathis and Barnes played that badly ??? You have a senior QB with NO varsity game experience expected to ride in on a white horse and slay the 0-3 dragon ? Unless he also plays special teams like a maniac as well as be a 15 tackle for game defender I just do not see how he will turn things around. Special teams are not good and defense is giving up 5 tds a game. Offense is OK at times but real inconsistent. Just something for consideration in my opinion. And yes, Hinton needs to prove nothing but the parents and administration seem to be circling.

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

They had no fighting last year from within and turned the kids around. They don't have the talent they had last year. But let the kids play with heart and soul and good things will happen.
I'm sure Mr. Veris is trying to do things right and he's in a learning curve. If people would come forward and try to help instead of bashing everyone then it would help. Maybe Mr. Veris needs some help and that's the Admins place.
Coach Hinton needs no introduction and probably could use some help with keeping up with the new A.D. So parents instead of complaining start helping.
I don't see the spirit around the field house or stadium like last year. I'm sure Ron misses the fan's and parents from Amanda more than the kids. Chillicothe needs a course in being fans. :12224

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Ron left Amanda. Amanda is still winning. Ron comes to Chillicothe. Chillicothe is still losing. Coincidence? Maybe it is all about the players and the community not the coach!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I GUESS MY QUESTION IS WHY IS THIS STILL A TOPIC WITH IRONTON BEING INVOLVED.
i understand unrest amongst fans, everybody wants to win. but to shame a man like a ton of people must be doing is just plain wrong.nobody knows the anguish this man must be going through unless they have been there.nobody knows the extra hours this man is putting in that takes time away from his family. i've been there myself, albeit grade school football. but i helped coach on a rock hill youth team years ago. we had 13 kids, i was an assistant. we never scored a touchdown that year, and we never won a game. but i stressed to the kids to keep learning the fundamentals , as i'd been taught by coach bob lutz. and they did. i promised them the next year would be different. i was elected head coach. and i went to all the 4 rock hill school districts and made myself known. called the kids at their house, with the parents permission, made myself known at their sporting events, pounded the hills n hollers till we had 35 kids.we only lost 2 games that year , and made the playoffs.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

gilchs and AHM are speaking a whole lot of wisdom if you ask me. Chillicothe, the city of, and its fans, and parents need to do one of two things, shut up and let the coaches (with over one hundred years of experience by the way) coach the football team, build a program, and help turn your chiLdren into youn men, or STOP BELIEVING YOU SHOULD EVER BE ANY GOOD, LONG TERM, AT FOOTBAL!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the following year we merged the schools together, and actually should have split back into 2 teams, and we had a roster of 53 2nd,3rd, and 4th graders.we scrimmaged the ironton teams sometimes twice a week. the kids developed a winning attitude, and the went undefeated , won the super bowl, and the league title. i had great kids, i had amazing assistant coaches. the kids beat the unbeatable ironton bills, 20-8. i told the kids, beginning of the season, win every game you can shave my head.and i used that all year. my point is,
rome wasn't built in a day
you gotta break eggs to make an omelette
don't back up to a load you can't haul.
all the catchy phrases , but winning breeds winning, and attitudes can be adjusted.give the man time the athletes are there, and he is a proven winner. i had parents in my face, people wanting to fist fight, desention , because i lived in the rock hill school district, for 31 years, but still went to ironton ball games, where i graduated. but i love kids and loved coaching, coach hinton obviously does as well. or he would not be doing it. don't burn bridges with this man, or your testimony, you may have to cross back over them.give the man a chance. he is no longer in a catholic school, in an enourmous city, where they can get anybody they want. you gotta play with who brought you to the dance, keep teaching the fundamentals, and keep the parents/fans, out of the picture, and you'll see what happens. god bless ya coach, and keep your eyes to the sky.

ps, i know i've probably mispelled a bunch of words, i did not check it, i can spell, and quite frankly thats not what this is about, so try not to go there, and take these posts to heart, cav fans. remember you are not only representing, your child, but your town, and your school district.

GOD BLESS YA, BAIT.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the following year we merged the schools together, and actually should have split back into 2 teams, and we had a roster of 53 2nd,3rd, and 4th graders.we scrimmaged the ironton teams sometimes twice a week. the kids developed a winning attitude, and the went undefeated , won the super bowl, and the league title. i had great kids, i had amazing assistant coaches. the kids beat the unbeatable ironton bills, 20-8. i told the kids, beginning of the season, win every game you can shave my head.and i used that all year. my point is,
rome wasn't built in a day
you gotta break eggs to make an omelette
don't back up to a load you can't haul.
all the catchy phrases , but winning breeds winning, and attitudes can be adjusted.give the man time the athletes are there, and he is a proven winner. i had parents in my face, people wanting to fist fight, desention , because i lived in the rock hill school district, for 31 years, but still went to ironton ball games, where i graduated. but i love kids and loved coaching, coach hinton obviously does as well. or he would not be doing it. don't burn bridges with this man, or your testimony, you may have to cross back over them.give the man a chance. he is no longer in a catholic school, in an enourmous city, where they can get anybody they want. you gotta play with who brought you to the dance, keep teaching the fundamentals, and keep the parents/fans, out of the picture, and you'll see what happens. god bless ya coach, and keep your eyes to the sky.

ps, i know i've probably mispelled a bunch of words, i did not check it, i can spell, and quite frankly thats not what this is about, so try not to go there, and take these posts to heart, cav fans. remember you are not only representing, your child, but your town, and your school district.

GOD BLESS YA, BAIT.
Bait You are 100% correct Coach Hinton and yes I know him, just for everybodys info this man goes beyond the requirerments of his job! He works with parents and bosters alike to raise funds for his program this is how he built A-C into a power ownership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm certainly no legendary coach like coach lutz, or coach hinton, or ivan mcglone. but in the years that i done this. and it was not always me, but i kept a roster, to find out who was there each night, miss more than 1 practice, you don't play, no cussin, you'd be suprised what come's out of the mouth's of babe's. no practice wednesday, because of church, i raised money for the equipment, i begged merchants to help us, i stood at intersections with signs, in the blazing heat, n the pouring rain, asking for money, and support.i made all the football programs each week on the school's copiers. i can never thank them enough. i bought candy, snacks, pop, ice, gatorade, you name it, stored it at my house. which looked more like a warehouse. soda stacked to the ceiling, i housed all the equipment, collected it all at the end of each year, had the helmets redone and painted.was the first one at the field, and the last to leave, i worked consession, i ran the chains. i lugged 5 gallon water cans, till i got sick of seeing them, and last but not least, i fielded calls from angry parents from daylight till after midnight. my son should play, too msany kids, not enough kids, my daddy owns a business, my son hasd not been in enough, why did you bring my kid out he just made a tackle, yes but it's third and long, and he is a defensive lineman, i need an extra defensive back, or linebacker.why are you running a 3-4 defense , instead of a 5-2 , the kids will never learn that. and finally, it almost cost me my marriage. i spent so many hours catering to everybody else, i was not being the dad i needed to be.don't get me wrong, i had helpers, i had a board, i had great assistants, and plenty of parents that helped at practices , n games. but even they had no idea what went on behind the scene.i'm no bigtime coach, but i hadda gresat time, in the face of all this adversity. and i hope coach hinton is not being done like this. bait.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'm certainly no legendary coach like coach lutz, or coach hinton, or ivan mcglone. but in the years that i done this. and it was not always me, but i kept a roster, to find out who was there each night, miss more than 1 practice, you don't play, no cussin, you'd be suprised what come's out of the mouth's of babe's. no practice wednesday, because of church, i raised money for the equipment, i begged merchants to help us, i stood at intersections with signs, in the blazing heat, n the pouring rain, asking for money, and support.i made all the football programs each week on the school's copiers. i can never thank them enough. i bought candy, snacks, pop, ice, gatorade, you name it, stored it at my house. which looked more like a warehouse. soda stacked to the ceiling, i housed all the equipment, collected it all at the end of each year, had the helmets redone and painted.was the first one at the field, and the last to leave, i worked consession, i ran the chains. i lugged 5 gallon water cans, till i got sick of seeing them, and last but not least, i fielded calls from angry parents from daylight till after midnight. my son should play, too msany kids, not enough kids, my daddy owns a business, my son hasd not been in enough, why did you bring my kid out he just made a tackle, yes but it's third and long, and he is a defensive lineman, i need an extra defensive back, or linebacker.why are you running a 3-4 defense , instead of a 5-2 , the kids will never learn that. and finally, it almost cost me my marriage. i spent so many hours catering to everybody else, i was not being the dad i needed to be.don't get me wrong, i had helpers, i had a board, i had great assistants, and plenty of parents that helped at practices , n games. but even they had no idea what went on behind the scene.i'm no bigtime coach, but i hadda gresat time, in the face of all this adversity. and i hope coach hinton is not being done like this. bait.
I have never met you Bait, but you sure seem like someone I would like in my program. I sure hope you and what I am sure is a lovely Mrs. Bait are still together and living happily ever after. Let's hope the numbskulls in Chilly will let Coach Hinton, the Cavalier football program, and the lovely Mrs. Hinton (I have met her, lovely lady) live happily ever after building a winning tradition. I, for one CAVS fan, thank you for your insight! Go get a state title this year TIGERS!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THANKS BROTHER , AND WILL HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 25 YEARS COME VALENTINES DAY.

Return to “Football”