Week 7 West @ Valley

West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 7 West @ Valley

Post by West Side Pride »

I believe the Senators will be prepared this friday night. The loss from last year is still lingering in that locker room. These boys will be ready to play, no doubt. West by 2 tds

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

After all the different posts I've read mentioning last year's game on this thread and many others since last year's game, something is really bothering me. I know folks want to say that last year's game is gonna serve as motiviation for the kids from West, and that may very well be the case. But, what about the kids from Valley? Is it not reasonable to say that it could just as easily serve as a motivator to those kids? After all, they went to West and played the game that was on their schedule. Unfortunately, a devestating injury occurred to one of the most talented kids in the state that night. However, they didn't cancel the remainder of the game and reschedule it to a time when West was "ready". And, they didn't rule the Indians a "paper only winner" as a result of the injury. Instead, the two teams played what turned out to be a very entertaining game to watch for those in attendance and both teams played very hard. From the final whistle until this very week, Valley's kids have heard all about how they couldn't have beaten West with Pendleton. You think that doesn't fuel a fire?

I'm sorry, but last year is over!! Trevon Pendleton was an awesome high school player, an even better person, and is hopefully on his way to a fullfilling college career and great life. That being said, the 2011 version of West and Valley are going to play Friday night in Lucasville for the rights to the driver's seat in the SOC II and a possible home playoff game. Whether last year matters to these kids or not, it's going to be irrelevant to the outcome!!! Best of luck to the kids on the field Friday night!!!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Jesco White wrote:After all the different posts I've read mentioning last year's game on this thread and many others since last year's game, something is really bothering me. I know folks want to say that last year's game is gonna serve as motiviation for the kids from West, and that may very well be the case. But, what about the kids from Valley? Is it not reasonable to say that it could just as easily serve as a motivator to those kids? After all, they went to West and played the game that was on their schedule. Unfortunately, a devestating injury occurred to one of the most talented kids in the state that night. However, they didn't cancel the remainder of the game and reschedule it to a time when West was "ready". And, they didn't rule the Indians a "paper only winner" as a result of the injury. Instead, the two teams played what turned out to be a very entertaining game to watch for those in attendance and both teams played very hard. From the final whistle until this very week, Valley's kids have heard all about how they couldn't have beaten West with Pendleton. You think that doesn't fuel a fire?

I'm sorry, but last year is over!! Trevon Pendleton was an awesome high school player, an even better person, and is hopefully on his way to a fullfilling college career and great life. That being said, the 2011 version of West and Valley are going to play Friday night in Lucasville for the rights to the driver's seat in the SOC II and a possible home playoff game. Whether last year matters to these kids or not, it's going to be irrelevant to the outcome!!! Best of luck to the kids on the field Friday night!!!
Great Point! I know last year everyone was saying that Valley couldn't have beat West if they had Trevon, well obviously this is their chance to prove that the critics were wrong!

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

Jesco White wrote:After all the different posts I've read mentioning last year's game on this thread and many others since last year's game, something is really bothering me. I know folks want to say that last year's game is gonna serve as motiviation for the kids from West, and that may very well be the case. But, what about the kids from Valley? Is it not reasonable to say that it could just as easily serve as a motivator to those kids? After all, they went to West and played the game that was on their schedule. Unfortunately, a devestating injury occurred to one of the most talented kids in the state that night. However, they didn't cancel the remainder of the game and reschedule it to a time when West was "ready". And, they didn't rule the Indians a "paper only winner" as a result of the injury. Instead, the two teams played what turned out to be a very entertaining game to watch for those in attendance and both teams played very hard. From the final whistle until this very week, Valley's kids have heard all about how they couldn't have beaten West with Pendleton. You think that doesn't fuel a fire?

Great post!!! 2 years the Indians lost Brice Crabtree, who was the best linebacker on the team, during the west game. If the Indians would have lost the game nobody would be dwelling over how if Brice hadn't got hurt we would have won. You play with what you are given. That is why it is a team sport. Not much room for individuals. A runningback can't make plays without a line. Recievers can't catch passes without a QB. Etc...

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Dont think a motovational speech will be neccessary for either team, they knew last year what each team had returning and have had this game in the back of their minds knowing fullwell they each would probably be undefeated through wk. 6 both teams have alot to prove to each other . This will be one tough game !

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

They outta demand 30 bucks a ticket for this game. Should be a dandy!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

crab_apple4 wrote:
siderman wrote:... I'm just hoping this thread doesn't turn into trash talking and Johnson measuring....
Johnson measuring? :lol: :lol:

Had a great laugh on that one!!

Anyway, does anyone know if the game will be telecast over the internet? Would love to watch it down here in Houston.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

jeep80 wrote:
crab_apple4 wrote:
siderman wrote:... I'm just hoping this thread doesn't turn into trash talking and Johnson measuring....

Anyway, does anyone know if the game will be telecast over the internet? Would love to watch it down here in Houston.
They are not doing that this year. Couldn't find someone to teach the class or something along those lines. It's a real shame bc the kids loved it and it was nice for those people who were out of town and wanted to watch a great game

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

jeep80 wrote:
crab_apple4 wrote:

I aim to please! lol

You might want to check WNXT's internet schedule to see if this game will be broadcast online. Not the same as watching it but its something.

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

West is way overated i cant figure out why they are rated Valley by 40 then Wheelersburg by 45

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Hey you west siders cant be to cocky you guys have not beat anybody yet either peake was ok but to say you are going to run the through the soc this year I dont thick so...!!!!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Man you guys are some Master Baiters! :122245

Stir that pot!

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

ok can west stop valley???can valley stop west?? west will try to play power football and control the clock which they do well...valley will let yates take control ... if west corners and the 2 high safeties start playing the run for that big hit they will be burned...yates will pick on #5 all night ....should be a great game .....good luck to both teams....cant wait to see this game...

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

HONESTABE wrote:West is way overated i cant figure out why they are rated Valley by 40 then Wheelersburg by 45
I don't know where your from but you are not from The Valley! The boys of fall know they are in for a battle this Friday night!

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

Valley could play there 2nd team and win this game West hasnt played anybody yet .West could lose out

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

From what I'm reading here, I just hope West stays within 50.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Honestabe you need to come back down to earth I am a Valley fan but your post are out there Valley is in for a fight...!!! They can win this game but like West they will earn every yard they get it should be well worth the ticket

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Here4Fun wrote:Honestabe you need to come back down to earth I am a Valley fan but your post are out there Valley is in for a fight...!!! They can win this game but like West they will earn every yard they get it should be well worth the ticket
Nope, if Honestabe and Here4Fun say we have no shot, then we have no shot. Valley JV 50 - West 0. :-D

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

I think we got a couple posters that have skipped there meds on here today talk about BI POLAR !

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

So Valley is just gonna sit Yates and Keller this week. Apparently they don't even need them!! Just Let Howard take all the snaps and the Indians will be in fine shape....Since West isn't any good.

Oh wait................West is good. This will be a dog fight til the end with the starters in, no back-ups

Return to “Football”