Best Player in Southern Ohio...

boilermaker
SE

Re: Best Player in Southern Ohio...

Post by boilermaker »

Jaylen ,was timed this year at three combines for underclassmen at 4.6 in the forty,and at 6' 210 thats a load. He also works hard in the weightroom. He not only be a force at runningback , he is a outstanding linebacker. All this and the kid is 15 years old.
Jaylen is a good student as well.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

boilermaker wrote:Jaylen ,was timed this year at three combines for underclassmen at 4.6 in the forty,and at 6' 210 thats a load. He also works hard in the weightroom. He not only be a force at runningback , he is a outstanding linebacker. All this and the kid is 15 years old.
Jaylen is a good student as well.

Probably be a fullback at the next level then, at 15 he's still growing. I watched him play against Minford last year and was very impressed.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

oldcoachb, I beleive he will play on the defensive side of the ball at the next level. I look for him to be a safety or a OLB.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

I have said it before; I really believe that this will be a break out year for Jaylen. He has a year of varsity experience under his belt and has adjusted to the varsity game very well. I felt like you could see his confidence growing as the year wore on last season. The sky is the limit for this kid. Let's enjoy him at this level for a while. :122245

I think another really good player that is flying under the radar right now is Rock Hill QB Will McCollister. I had a chance to see him at the 7 on 7 scrimmage in Jackson last night. He has all of the tools. Good size and a rifle for an arm. This kid has a nice tight spiral, throws it on a rope and can put it on the money. Keep an eye on him. I have a hunch we'll be hearing a lot about him in the future also.

I'm pumped! The football juices are flowing!

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

nobodyspecial wrote:
boilermaker wrote:Without a doubt Ralph Whittington -Wellston.This kid runs a 4.1 forty,has a 52" vertical and can bench press 255lbs 40 times. He once killed a whitetail deer with his bare hands after he chased it down . He also body slammed a Grizzly Bear while on vacation in Alaska this summer. :mrgreen:

Craigmiles from Burg has a 4.1 forty and he is lifting 315lbs,but he hasn't killed any deer or bears yet.Guess he will be second to Ralph :12223 :12223 :12223It was timed in Columbus.

Craigmiles is a good player, but not in the top 10-15 in Southern Ohio. The whole 4.1 forty isn't even close to the truth. Good player not a Top player. Maybe be the 3rd or 4th best on his own team (Shank, Lang, and Hall) come to mind. The Burg is loaded with talent and will be tough for anyone to beat.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

It's Pendleton hands down....last I heard he was invited to a camp that held the top 10 junior linebackers in america....he's not only the best in southern Ohio he may well be one of the best in the entire state

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

all-time athlete wrote:It's Pendleton hands down....last I heard he was invited to a camp that held the top 10 junior linebackers in america....he's not only the best in southern Ohio he may well be one of the best in the entire state

Let's not get out of hand now.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yes,,,,,, lets not forget about Ralph Whittington ,he has to be the best in the entire state.This kid runs with 10lbs ankle weights on to keep from blowing his hamstrings. Just think if he runs a 4.1 with the weights on can you imagine what he would without them on? :mrgreen:

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

BigTime wrote:
all-time athlete wrote:It's Pendleton hands down....last I heard he was invited to a camp that held the top 10 junior linebackers in america....he's not only the best in southern Ohio he may well be one of the best in the entire state

That's not getting out of hand. Bigtime, you and the rest of the county will see just how talented pendleton is. He won the Indianapolis regional ultimate 100 camp. And placed 3rd in the Country at the Top prospect camp in Oklahoma. I heard he would have won the combine if he didn't gash his head open on the 2nd day of competition and missed all of the 7 on 7. I know at Ohio State camp this summer he ran a legit 4.6 40 at 6'0 230lbs. That is flat moving for a kid that size.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

Believe the hype on #8 from West.....pure talent, student of the game, sorry Southern Ohio, best football player in the area....

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:
BigTime wrote:

That's not getting out of hand. Bigtime, you and the rest of the county will see just how talented pendleton is. He won the Indianapolis regional ultimate 100 camp. And placed 3rd in the Country at the Top prospect camp in Oklahoma. I heard he would have won the combine if he didn't gash his head open on the 2nd day of competition and missed all of the 7 on 7. I know at Ohio State camp this summer he ran a legit 4.6 40 at 6'0 230lbs. That is flat moving for a kid that size.

Last edited by BigTime on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But we are talking about the best players in SEO.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I think 4.1 for Craigmiles is a little low but I could see him doing a 4.3. After all he ran a 10.9 in the 100 meter dash this season. However track speed and football speed are not the same thing.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote:I think 4.1 for Craigmiles is a little low but I could see him doing a 4.3. After all he ran a 10.9 in the 100 meter dash this season. However track speed and football speed are not the same thing.

Those that run 10.8, 10.9, 11.0 are 4.5, 4.6 in the forty :122248
I lived thru the recruiting process with my boss when the Bucks were interested in his son. He ran a 10.8 hundred and was a legit 4.5 in the forty. If you look at Rivals top 100 you will not see a 4.1 or a 4.2 and if you see a 4.3 the guy lives in Florida and weighs 167 lbs.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Best 40 time I have heard of was Randy Moss when he was at Marshall,He ran like 4.24 I think??I dont even know why people respond to someone saying that a kid in Southeast Ohio ran 4.1! :lol:40 times are a bunch of crap anyway,Track speed and football speed are 2 totally different things!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

earp wrote:Best 40 time I have heard of was Randy Moss when he was at Marshall,He ran like 4.24 I think??I dont even know why people respond to someone saying that a kid in Southeast Ohio ran 4.1! :lol:40 times are a bunch of crap anyway,Track speed and football speed are 2 totally different things!

Absolutely right ^^^^^

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

fuzzhead wrote:
earp wrote:Best 40 time I have heard of was Randy Moss when he was at Marshall,He ran like 4.24 I think??I dont even know why people respond to someone saying that a kid in Southeast Ohio ran 4.1! :lol:40 times are a bunch of crap anyway,Track speed and football speed are 2 totally different things!

Absolutely right ^^^^^

they must have used a left handed stop watch. :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

need to use a football stop watch for football and a track watch for track

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

oldcoachb wrote:
Those that run 10.8, 10.9, 11.0 are 4.5, 4.6 in the forty :122248
I lived thru the recruiting process with my boss when the Bucks were interested in his son. He ran a 10.8 hundred and was a legit 4.5 in the forty. If you look at Rivals top 100 you will not see a 4.1 or a 4.2 and if you see a 4.3 the guy lives in Florida and weighs 167 lbs.

The 100 is about reaching a top speed fast and being able to maintain it. Where the 40 is all about being able to reach top speed as fast as possible because you only have 40 yards. It doesn't affect the cardio, respiratory or pulmonary systems the way a 100 would. This is important to consider because if Craigmiles is a guy who can reach his top speed very quickly he could turn a great time in the 40, such as a 4.3 ( I don't think 4.1 is possible, and if it is just quite football and sign up for the Olympics.

On a side not Jeremy Hamrick set the Portsmouth 100 meter record in 2001 with a time of 10.6 and was clocked in the 40 at 4.2. Craigmiles is 3 tenths of a second slower in the hundred, so he should be in the ballpark of 4.3-4.4.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It doesn't matter. The 40 is a joke!
Put them in pads and see how fast they can run the 40.

For gods sake they time O-linemen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”