WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

dontreply
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by dontreply »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Dontreply, ur a chump. I went back and checked some of your post. U sound like a salty fan, maybe burg smacked your team around or something? IDK.. But since you wanna know.... Burg tried to schedule several schools. None were afraid as you say, IDK what the specifics are. I do know that cable Midland, Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Ashland, beachwood, and Johnson Central all turned us down.. Olentangy, pickerington. And Svsm all turned us down. At any rate, burg wouldn't have these schedule problems if other schools weren't OK with being mediocre..

I'm gonna throw my 1st 15 yarder of this new high school season. no way these teams all turned burg down. especially the last 3 listed here. when you fall , it's gonna be hard. you have become what the fighting tigers were. hated and respected at the same time. and everybody wants to knock off the king of the hill.i sure miss those days with the fighting tigers , who are simply struggling to gain respectability again.but they'll be back. but I think it will be with a brand new coaching staff.

Well from a "clowns" point of view. Maybe just maybe some of these schools thought traveling this far to beat burg and gain nothing from it was silly and could schedule closer games with better competition?
Sure I, get called some more names lol but could be true? Right?
Forgive me

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:I think Wheelersburg playing Bishop Watterson is a good get.

With the SOC schedule only giving Wheelersburg four guaranteed games, aside from the games vs the fellow river communities (Ironton, Proctorville Fairland, and Portsmouth) there are three games that Wheelersburg has to find for out of conference. I'm of the opinion if they play the Central Catholic League more often, as possible, this not only alleviates the scheduling concerns but also ensures Wheelersburg plays programs that consistently provide the competition, depth, and fundamental strengths that Wheelersburg faces when they step out of Region 19 into week 14 (e.g. Coldwater.)

The CCL generally has to travel far and wide for games later in the year; three of them (BW, SFD, and St. Charles) only play two CCL games by mandate, with them electing to play Bishop Hartley as well, and Bishop Ready only has one CCL mandated opponent (Hartley.) Bishop Ready is transitioning into the Mid-State League for football scheduling purposes only in the next few years, so that might not be as viable a get, but I do think BW and SFD would be more than happy to schedule up series in the future years (evidently BW already has.) St. Charles played Ironton a few years ago, so they have no excuse not to play the Burg.

hey I ain't trying to start anything. I think BW would be a great add for the burg. but be careful what you wish for. that's a horse of a different color. as is desales, Hartley. be careful how much of that big fantasy candy bar that you want to break off. because ironton played these kinds of schools for decades. and you quickly find out theres a big difference in the private inner city catholic schools that can draw from massive areas, and they are all star teams. ---------- it's a great test. but they can switch out 11 at a time and barely miss a beat.it's true currently burg is not getting tested locally. hopefully that changes. but it was just a short couple of years ago valley was whoopin the burg.i love the cocky, confident swagger from the burgites. and they are earning it ''weakly'' on Friday nights. I see all the stuff we must have done as fighting tiger fans for 40 years. and frankly , I miss it. but realize you are top of everybodies wish list. now if we can just get ironton, Portsmouth back on par. but the Trojans got smashed worse than the tigers. and I thought that would be a better game. so there's a lot of room for vast improvements in these parts of the state.but careful what you wish for.
Ironton lost to Burg 49-6 and looked like the worst Ironton team ever fielded in the process. Portsmouth lost 45-0. Both teams were smashed. I was at both games. To say Ironton performed better is a lie. Both teams sucked against Burg. Ironton didn't have a single positive play other than a long run against Burgs 2nd and 3rd string. Not saying Portsmouth did better but to say Ironton gave Burg a better game, laughable. Again, by far the worst conditioned, least athletic Ironton team I've seen ever since late 70's. Portsmouth will run over them week ten.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

lol I'm loving all the hate, discontent and jealousy... I'm looking forward to when all of your kids start having kids and move them to wheelersburg. I know for a fact that's happened to a lot of this generation. It's no wonder that most the programs around here are down. Everyone would rather bash a successful program and hate on it instead of trying to compete with them. That attitude is reflected in most of the teams they play. Why not try putting as much effort into supporting your schools as you do in whining and crying about burg? Maybe, just maybe, that same attitude won't be passed on to the next generation and you might start to see some success..... JMO is all, I do like stating the obvious ya know.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

TrojanXplosion wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:I think Wheelersburg playing Bishop Watterson is a good get.

With the SOC schedule only giving Wheelersburg four guaranteed games, aside from the games vs the fellow river communities (Ironton, Proctorville Fairland, and Portsmouth) there are three games that Wheelersburg has to find for out of conference. I'm of the opinion if they play the Central Catholic League more often, as possible, this not only alleviates the scheduling concerns but also ensures Wheelersburg plays programs that consistently provide the competition, depth, and fundamental strengths that Wheelersburg faces when they step out of Region 19 into week 14 (e.g. Coldwater.)

The CCL generally has to travel far and wide for games later in the year; three of them (BW, SFD, and St. Charles) only play two CCL games by mandate, with them electing to play Bishop Hartley as well, and Bishop Ready only has one CCL mandated opponent (Hartley.) Bishop Ready is transitioning into the Mid-State League for football scheduling purposes only in the next few years, so that might not be as viable a get, but I do think BW and SFD would be more than happy to schedule up series in the future years (evidently BW already has.) St. Charles played Ironton a few years ago, so they have no excuse not to play the Burg.

hey I ain't trying to start anything. I think BW would be a great add for the burg. but be careful what you wish for. that's a horse of a different color. as is desales, Hartley. be careful how much of that big fantasy candy bar that you want to break off. because ironton played these kinds of schools for decades. and you quickly find out theres a big difference in the private inner city catholic schools that can draw from massive areas, and they are all star teams. ---------- it's a great test. but they can switch out 11 at a time and barely miss a beat.it's true currently burg is not getting tested locally. hopefully that changes. but it was just a short couple of years ago valley was whoopin the burg.i love the cocky, confident swagger from the burgites. and they are earning it ''weakly'' on Friday nights. I see all the stuff we must have done as fighting tiger fans for 40 years. and frankly , I miss it. but realize you are top of everybodies wish list. now if we can just get ironton, Portsmouth back on par. but the Trojans got smashed worse than the tigers. and I thought that would be a better game. so there's a lot of room for vast improvements in these parts of the state.but careful what you wish for.
Ironton lost to Burg 49-6 and looked like the worst Ironton team ever fielded in the process. Portsmouth lost 45-0. Both teams were smashed. I was at both games. To say Ironton performed better is a lie. Both teams sucked against Burg. Ironton didn't have a single positive play other than a long run against Burgs 2nd and 3rd string. Not saying Portsmouth did better but to say Ironton gave Burg a better game, laughable. Again, by far the worst conditioned, least athletic Ironton team I've seen ever since late 70's. Portsmouth will run over them week ten.
Don't let ole baits posts upset ya explosion.... He didn't watch either of those games... So any opinion he has about any football team is from second-hand info... And he likes to always find some way to insinuate that ironton is better than someone :roll: seems like it's portsmouths turn in his book lol.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:lol I'm loving all the hate, discontent and jealousy... I'm looking forward to when all of your kids start having kids and move them to wheelersburg. I know for a fact that's happened to a lot of this generation. It's no wonder that most the programs around here are down. Everyone would rather bash a successful program and hate on it instead of trying to compete with them. That attitude is reflected in most of the teams they play. Why not try putting as much effort into supporting your schools as you do in whining and crying about burg? Maybe, just maybe, that same attitude won't be passed on to the next generation and you might start to see some success..... JMO is all, I do like stating the obvious ya know.
well said. i would rather play on a team that makes the playoffs than bust my butt in the heat and rain only not to see a game past wk 10. it's no wonder all these kids transfer to different schools

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

dontreply wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Dontreply, ur a chump. I went back and checked some of your post. U sound like a salty fan, maybe burg smacked your team around or something? IDK.. But since you wanna know.... Burg tried to schedule several schools. None were afraid as you say, IDK what the specifics are. I do know that cable Midland, Wayne, and Huber hight all turned us down. Ashland, beachwood, and Johnson Central all turned us down.. Olentangy, pickerington. And Svsm all turned us down. At any rate, burg wouldn't have these schedule problems if other schools weren't OK with being mediocre..

I'm gonna throw my 1st 15 yarder of this new high school season. no way these teams all turned burg down. especially the last 3 listed here. when you fall , it's gonna be hard. you have become what the fighting tigers were. hated and respected at the same time. and everybody wants to knock off the king of the hill.i sure miss those days with the fighting tigers , who are simply struggling to gain respectability again.but they'll be back. but I think it will be with a brand new coaching staff.

Well from a "clowns" point of view. Maybe just maybe some of these schools thought traveling this far to beat burg and gain nothing from it was silly and could schedule closer games with better competition?
Sure I, get called some more names lol but could be true? Right?
Forgive me
who is to say these said schools would beat burg. i remember in 2007 burg played ky powerhouse johnson central and everyone was like burg is gonna get hammered. correct me if i'm wrong but not only was the final score 14-3 jc (which is far from gettin hammered) but we held one of the states best rb's in shawn grimm to one of his lowest rushin totals of his career

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

As far as the game goes burg wins big. Now on the topic of scheduling, a must have for me if I was a burg fan would be Clinton massie. They are out of a league next year this game needs to be locked down. If burg is ok to travel to Columbus just keep trying for Hartley. They are not afraid to play just work something out when contracts allow. No use in worrying about getting new schools to play if they aren't worth playing. But massie a must for me. I would go see that game every year 2 best teams down here.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:lol I'm loving all the hate, discontent and jealousy... I'm looking forward to when all of your kids start having kids and move them to wheelersburg. I know for a fact that's happened to a lot of this generation. It's no wonder that most the programs around here are down. Everyone would rather bash a successful program and hate on it instead of trying to compete with them. That attitude is reflected in most of the teams they play. Why not try putting as much effort into supporting your schools as you do in whining and crying about burg? Maybe, just maybe, that same attitude won't be passed on to the next generation and you might start to see some success..... JMO is all, I do like stating the obvious ya know.
You do realize that even if these other schools as you call them, get better, that 50% of them will still have losing records. Someone has to win, some have to lose.

There are sooooooo many factors that go into a successful program, and many of these factors are well outside a coach, principal, superintendent and districts ability to overcome!

Some schools boards and superintendents dont really care how well a sports program does. Some upper management go out of their way to keep a sports program down by getting rid of coaches, and allowing parents to influence them in making these decisions.

Be happy that you belong to a district that fully supports its sports programs, and also has a district that is very appealing to some parents, based on academic factors, student to teacher ratio, a good economy where many professionals decide to live in and then work in other nearby not so attractive areas to live, and also attracting multiple transfers, while still maintaining a small school numbers wise. Remember, these will eventually change, just look at ole bait, living in Irontons past!

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

I was told a story the other day by a lady who's kids go to Green. They are good students but not athletes. Girl in elementary and boy just starting middle school. She wanted them to transfer them to Wheelersburg because they offer classes that a school the size of Green cannot.

She's a secretary and she says this lady that she knows that lives in Minford comes in and her son is wearing Wheelersburg stuff. So she asks. She says that he is an excellent baseball player and Wheelersburg people asked him to transfer there and repeat the 5th grade, which he did and he is. They also took his younger sister. I'm just asking, but is this kinda stuff happening?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Oak wrote:I was told a story the other day by a lady who's kids go to Green. They are good students but not athletes. Girl in elementary and boy just starting middle school. She wanted them to transfer them to Wheelersburg because they offer classes that a school the size of Green cannot.

She's a secretary and she says this lady that she knows that lives in Minford comes in and her son is wearing Wheelersburg stuff. So she asks. She says that he is an excellent baseball player and Wheelersburg people asked him to transfer there and repeat the 5th grade, which he did and he is. They also took his younger sister. I'm just asking, but is this kinda stuff happening?
Lol burg people asking a 10year old kid to transfer.. Come on. Unless they have friends already at burg that are encouraging this transition, I would have to call bs.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I only k of of one 5th grader that came to burg last year and he is repeating the 5th grade again.. His dad is originally from the burg....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oak wrote:I was told a story the other day by a lady who's kids go to Green. They are good students but not athletes. Girl in elementary and boy just starting middle school. She wanted them to transfer them to Wheelersburg because they offer classes that a school the size of Green cannot.

Yeah burgs scouring the county for 10 year old baseball players that they can redshirt. :lol:
I do know last year of a student that wanted to transfer into the burg system and they wanted to come in and repeat the grade that they had just finished and the parents were told that repeating the grade would not be possible.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

This lady says her kids were denied open enrollment.

Do I believe this stuff happens? Maybe. You have these travel baseball and softball teams with coaches from these schools.

If they are denying some kids and accepting others that is wrong.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It's not not. With open enrollment the school needs to be picky on who they allow to come. Because, if they allow on kid they also have to allow the siblings. This could cause problem with different grades. For example, burgs 3rd grade is over populated and has a poor student to teacher ratio.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

BurgGrad6 wrote:It's not not. With open enrollment the school needs to be picky on who they allow to come. Because, if they allow on kid they also have to allow the siblings. This could cause problem with different grades. For example, burgs 3rd grade is over populated and has a poor student to teacher ratio.
Same with 2nd. Somewhere between 140-150 kids in the 2nd grade class

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I only k of of one 5th grader that came to burg last year and he is repeating the 5th grade again.. His dad is originally from the burg....

lol, another soon to be 8th grader that can drive himself to Middle School practices and a future 19 year old senior...yikes I think we may be stretching this a little bit further than it was intended.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Abe Froman wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:I only k of of one 5th grader that came to burg last year and he is repeating the 5th grade again.. His dad is originally from the burg....

lol, another soon to be 8th grader that can drive himself to Middle School practices and a future 19 year old senior...yikes I think we may be stretching this a little bit further than it was intended.
Who knows could be a sept birthday
Just an FYI I think your good now until the day you turn 20, then your done
I wish I would have started my later just so I could have them around another year.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

JTEK wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

Who knows could be a sept birthday
Absolutely, but to be perfectly honest I think we place more emphasis on this than a lot of other schools. Maybe I am off base here but that is just my "gut" feel.

Is that the reason for the overcrowded elementary grades listed above? Not sure but perhaps it plays into it a little.

Anyway, back to the game. No way I am driving to Cincy for this one lol. Burg by a bunch this game will not help us too much I am afraid.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

From what I have seen on google maps, if you aren't one of the first 80 people there, you won't be getting a seat at NCH.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Abe Froman wrote:

Lol he's a young 5th grader.

Return to “Football”