Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

Post by rxburgfan »

minford showed that if you control the line of scrimmage on both off and def you can beat the burg. waverly could be a test. if they can throw the ball we will struggle. burg pass coverage not good. dbacks never know where the ball is.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Let me summarize what I believe happens in this game...

Waverly has no line
Waverly has a poor Defense

Wheelersburg is fast, they have their team winning...and confident...

Easy win.....Burg by as many as they want in this one...waverly needs to work on their defense and both sides of the line to ever have a chance again....till this happens...burg will dominate this series...

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Lol you may be right burg grad 77 i think they are calling for lightning next tuesday they better postpone it till saturday :lol:

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Why would you laugh out loud on a postponed game. Not real bright I figure, whatever.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West Side Pride wrote:Why would you laugh out loud on a postponed game. Not real bright I figure, whatever.

Because it's hilarious that you guys cancelled a game because of a chance of lightning 7 hours before gametime. I guess your AD is psychic. :mrgreen:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Why would you laugh out loud on a postponed game. Not real bright I figure, whatever.

Because it's hilarious that you guys cancelled a game because of a chance of lightning 7 hours before gametime. I guess your AD is psychic. :mrgreen:

that's a good one 77. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

I gotta take the Burg in this one..

Wheelersburg 35
Waverly 14

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

The Burg will probably win the game, it is not a real big game. Where the Burg has been having trouble the last few years is winning the games where the competition is near equal. For the last thirty + years when it came down to a big game the Burg usually were winners because they had superior coaching { ED and Larry ]., Now I'm sure the present coaches are fine coaches , but there is that little extra that makes a consent winner. The difference is having the right players in there best position, the right defense, the correct adjustments at the right time, the best offense call at the proper time. To me this is where the tide is changing. Area schools [ a few ] have passed us in this area. The Burg has this year and next for real good teams, after that I don't even want to think about as to where the program will go. Live for today and tomarrow be damned.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to just take care of business and win this game. A loss anytime in the next three weeks and the season will be over after week 10.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Woodward is no Ed Miller that is for sure. I was a receiver for West and when I was split to
Ed's side during a game, He would call the play that we was running or throwing. I remember
telling Tipton that at the half and he threw his clipboard. I always wondered if he did that to
all teams or just had Dicks number.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

West Side Pride wrote:Woodward is no Ed Miller that is for sure. I was a receiver for West and when I was split to
Ed's side during a game, He would call the play that we was running or throwing. I remember
telling Tipton that at the half and he threw his clipboard. I always wondered if he did that to
all teams or just had Dicks number.

what was his answer to that one

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

score?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Wheelersburg 33 Waverly 6 final

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Very sloppy tonight- we had better bring the "A" game next week and either have a lot better pass coverage or different players in pass coverage. We do a great job stopping the run but the pass coverage is suspect. :122249

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

if we don't play better against valley, then it'll be #3 in the L column.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Very ugly win and a pathetic crowd. I don't think I've ever seen a smaller crowd at a homecoming game in my 38 years of living in Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg home side wasn't even a third full and Waverly probably didnm't have 75 to 100 people on their side.

Congrats to the boys on the win. They looked good at times and really bad at others. One bright spot was Tyler Craigmiles running the ball tonight. He looked really good. They still can't pass the ball and that will kill them come playoff time.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

i agree burg grad...i'd have to put more emphasis on "ugly at times" though. and the crowd was embarassing. what gets me is that the "cheer" block does nothing but stand there...there is no screaming or chanting or anything. what's the point?! those kids need to step up on the field and in the cheer block.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I don't know if the burg is a very good football team right now. The offense looks lost. This team just has not gotten better week to week.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

yeah, you're supposed to get better with each week...not worse. burg has their good moments every now and then, but they are getting few and far between as of late. better be ready for next week...valley will come to play. this will be their super bowl!

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

i'm a burg guy, so i hope we come to play. we've been looking a little rough lately. will be a good game though...glad valley is doing well this year.

Return to “Football”