Northwest (2-5 @ Minford (5-2)

ddavis
Waterboy

Re: Northwest (2-5 @ Minford (5-2)

Post by ddavis »

I don't know what was said on the sideline but I know the Brown family doesn't blame Minford coaches or players. I'm sure if things happened as explained it was parents frustration of watching their son lie in agony on the sideline. I've heard of wives calling husbands every name in the book when giving birth and in most cases they don't mean it. Those of us that are parents know the pain of our children suffering hurts more than any personal pain. Give the folks a break and try to understand. Tyson was very excited to play this year and in the first game tears his ACL and now this. Brandon Shirey was also injured on the play and is also out for the rest of the season with his second concussion. I think Brandon was knocked into Tyson during the mentioned play. These are tough losses for a team that is struggling to compete. I, as a member of the Northwest staff, apologize for any comments that may have been made.***** Usually doctors leave it up to the player and their parents when an ACL is torn and the player is a senior. Tyson chose to play as did Dustin Bradford when I was at East. The idea is you can't do any more damage. Tysons' situation was a freak accident that could happen to anyone playing football. Did the brace contribute, maybe? ***** As for Northwest moving down to Division I, it's not going to happen. The cutoff for divisions is based on enrollment and I don't see this being changed. You're insulting our kids when you say we'll never be able to compete. Logan Elm went from 0-10 to 10-0 in one season. Isn't Oak Hill on the verge of doing the same thing in four years. Yes, it can be done. I used to have dark brown hair. Things change!

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

ddavis wrote:I don't know what was said on the sideline but I know the Brown family doesn't blame Minford coaches or players. I'm sure if things happened as explained it was parents frustration of watching their son lie in agony on the sideline. I've heard of wives calling husbands every name in the book when giving birth and in most cases they don't mean it. Those of us that are parents know the pain of our children suffering hurts more than any personal pain. Give the folks a break and try to understand. Tyson was very excited to play this year and in the first game tears his ACL and now this. Brandon Shirey was also injured on the play and is also out for the rest of the season with his second concussion. I think Brandon was knocked into Tyson during the mentioned play. These are tough losses for a team that is struggling to compete. I, as a member of the Northwest staff, apologize for any comments that may have been made.***** Usually doctors leave it up to the player and their parents when an ACL is torn and the player is a senior. Tyson chose to play as did Dustin Bradford when I was at East. The idea is you can't do any more damage. Tysons' situation was a freak accident that could happen to anyone playing football. Did the brace contribute, maybe? ***** As for Northwest moving down to Division I, it's not going to happen. The cutoff for divisions is based on enrollment and I don't see this being changed. You're insulting our kids when you say we'll never be able to compete. Logan Elm went from 0-10 to 10-0 in one season. Isn't Oak Hill on the verge of doing the same thing in four years. Yes, it can be done. I used to have dark brown hair. Things change!

i dont know of any Minford family not feelling for the Brown family right now...good luck ...........and fans...game over move on

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

First and formost my thoughts and prayers are with Tyson Brown. Tyson is a credit to the game of football and one of the better defensive linemen I have seen in High School football. His courage and work ethic will carry him thru what will be a difficult rehab. My thoughts and prayers are also with Brandon, Brandon is a kid with a desire to excell in football and is a kid who gives 100%. Having to sit out will be tough on him, hang in there Brandon and as soon as the DR. says its ok start working for next year.

2nd the Brown family is a class act, and I'll back them 100%.

3rd as far as Mr. Vastine is concerned, he doesn't need me to defend him. He was more upset about the unprofessional actions of some of the officiating crew and not the calls that were made. As a member of the Brotherhood of Officials (B.O.O. for short) I'll back him 100%. When an official makes an uncalled for comment to a player along with other actions it reflects badly upon all of us.

Last but not least. Anyone calling for Northwest to move to the smaller division of the SOC, get a life.
The kids at Northwest will continue to fight and scratch to get better. Don't feel sorry for them cause they'll come out and play with everything they got.

Again my thoughts and prayers are with Brandon and Tyson.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

blockcharge wrote:First and formost my thoughts and prayers are with Tyson Brown. Tyson is a credit to the game of football and one of the better defensive linemen I have seen in High School football. His courage and work ethic will carry him thru what will be a difficult rehab. My thoughts and prayers are also with Brandon, Brandon is a kid with a desire to excell in football and is a kid who gives 100%. Having to sit out will be tough on him, hang in there Brandon and as soon as the DR. says its ok start working for next year.

2nd the Brown family is a class act, and I'll back them 100%.

3rd as far as Mr. Vastine is concerned, he doesn't need me to defend him. He was more upset about the unprofessional actions of some of the officiating crew and not the calls that were made. As a member of the Brotherhood of Officials (B.O.O. for short) I'll back him 100%. When an official makes an uncalled for comment to a player along with other actions it reflects badly upon all of us.

Last but not least. Anyone calling for Northwest to move to the smaller division of the SOC, get a life.
The kids at Northwest will continue to fight and scratch to get better. Don't feel sorry for them cause they'll come out and play with everything they got.

Again my thoughts and prayers are with Brandon and Tyson.

Good post........except your 3rd point. You may want to be more selective on who you back cause his loud and unneeded comments were definitely about the calls. And I did hear the line judge make one comment to a player that struck me as odd, but Vastine would not have heard it as he was talking to the cops at that time.

Good luck to the Brown boy on a full recovery.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

ddavis wrote:I don't know what was said on the sideline but I know the Brown family doesn't blame Minford coaches or players. I'm sure if things happened as explained it was parents frustration of watching their son lie in agony on the sideline. I've heard of wives calling husbands every name in the book when giving birth and in most cases they don't mean it. Give the folks a break and try to understand. Tyson was very excited to play this year and in the first game tears his ACL and now this. Brandon Shirey was also injured on the play and is also out for the rest of the season with his second concussion. I think Brandon was knocked into Tyson during the mentioned play. These are tough losses for a team that is struggling to compete. I, as a member of the Northwest staff, apologize for any comments that may have been made.***** Usually doctors leave it up to the player and their parents when an ACL is torn and the player is a senior. Tyson chose to play as did Dustin Bradford when I was at East. The idea is you can't do any more damage. Tysons' situation was a freak accident that could happen to anyone playing football. Did the brace contribute, maybe? ***** As for Northwest moving down to Division I, it's not going to happen. The cutoff for divisions is based on enrollment and I don't see this being changed. You're insulting our kids when you say we'll never be able to compete. Logan Elm went from 0-10 to 10-0 in one season. Isn't Oak Hill on the verge of doing the same thing in four years. Yes, it can be done. I used to have dark brown hair. Things change!

Great post Coach and I agree with you 100%. I should clarify that my earlier post in regards to parents was not directed at anyone in particular but more in general at the parents that make fools of themselves at the games, in forums like this, at school meetings, etc. I know everyone was feeling compassion for the parents, and obviously Tyson, and most sensible people understand if something is said in moments like that.

I also agree with Coach D's comments about Northwest. It is an insult to say those types of things and Northwest should be given credit as they have some nice athletes who play and hit hard. They are improving and trying to build a program so give them some credit.

I will end by saying what I have said time and time again... before posting something, people should realize these are 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Instead of tearing them down, how about building them up? Every team has their moment, their time, both on the winning and losing end of the game. These kids have worked their guts out since before summer, and in some cases year around, and play with heart each and every week. For that reason, they have my respect and admiration as do the coaches who work with them to instill pride, self-confidence, motivation, and the true definition of TEAM.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
ddavis wrote:I don't know what was said on the sideline but I know the Brown family doesn't blame Minford coaches or players. I'm sure if things happened as explained it was parents frustration of watching their son lie in agony on the sideline. I've heard of wives calling husbands every name in the book when giving birth and in most cases they don't mean it. Give the folks a break and try to understand. Tyson was very excited to play this year and in the first game tears his ACL and now this. Brandon Shirey was also injured on the play and is also out for the rest of the season with his second concussion. I think Brandon was knocked into Tyson during the mentioned play. These are tough losses for a team that is struggling to compete. I, as a member of the Northwest staff, apologize for any comments that may have been made.***** Usually doctors leave it up to the player and their parents when an ACL is torn and the player is a senior. Tyson chose to play as did Dustin Bradford when I was at East. The idea is you can't do any more damage. Tysons' situation was a freak accident that could happen to anyone playing football. Did the brace contribute, maybe? ***** As for Northwest moving down to Division I, it's not going to happen. The cutoff for divisions is based on enrollment and I don't see this being changed. You're insulting our kids when you say we'll never be able to compete. Logan Elm went from 0-10 to 10-0 in one season. Isn't Oak Hill on the verge of doing the same thing in four years. Yes, it can be done. I used to have dark brown hair. Things change!

Great post Coach and I agree with you 100%. I should clarify that my earlier post in regards to parents was not directed at anyone in particular but more in general at the parents that make fools of themselves at the games, in forums like this, at school meetings, etc. I know everyone was feeling compassion for the parents, and obviously Tyson, and most sensible people understand if something is said in moments like that.

I also agree with Coach D's comments about Northwest. It is an insult to say those types of things and Northwest should be given credit as they have some nice athletes who play and hit hard. They are improving and trying to build a program so give them some credit.

I will end by saying what I have said time and time again... before posting something, people should realize these are 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Instead of tearing them down, how about building them up? Every team has their moment, their time, both on the winning and losing end of the game. These kids have worked their guts out since before summer, and in some cases year around, and play with heart each and every week. For that reason, they have my respect and admiration as do the coaches who work with them to instill pride, self-confidence, motivation, and the true definition of TEAM.

AMEN!

Let's get ready for West!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”