SOC2 (6-2) Minford @ (3-5) Waverly

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC2 (6-2) Minford @ (3-5) Waverly

Post by Seops123 »

Wow! Malone ran the ball hard all night. It was obvious that Malone's leg was not fully healed as he was limping before the game during warm-ups. He is a tough kid that loves the game and I hope more players act like him. He just played with a half way broken leg and ran the ball very well. Also good try to Waverly for almost pulling off the upset and good luck to Minford.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FalconFan wrote:Man, so much for comparing scores. Minford was favored by about 8 touchdowns. The Tigers must have really showed up.

Since you obviously didnt make it to the game, Minford jumped on Waverly early and the downpouring rain slowed Minford down. People can say what they want about score, but Waverly tonight had everyone back in the lineup for the first time since the start of the season and showed they are much better as a healthy team than their record shows. Add the rain and extremely muddy field and not much happened after the rain set in. Good luck to Waverly next week. Great job to Minford on securing at least part of the Golden Football!

And I agree with the posts about the officiating. It didnt cost Waverly yhe game, but the calls were sad on both sides.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FalconFan wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:You can't really compare scores. Hurricane weather has a way of leveling the playing field but it may have hurt the Tigers more. Roback was not able to throw the ball. I don't know if it was the weather or if he was still having trouble gripping the ball due to the injury to his hand.

Ohh I know you really can't compare scores. There is just some other Minford fans that like to do those kinds of silly things. I'm not that crazy. I was really impressed to hear the Tigers play hard and gave them a great game. Happy that Minford won of course but, some fans are getting a little to carried away.

Nice to see that now you put yourself on a pedestal above some of the "CARRIED AWAY" fans!
lol

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Congrats to the Falcons on clinching at least a share of the SOC II title. Minford did what they had to do to win, very suspect officiating by the officials, although there wouldn't be near as much confusion if the announcer would wait for an official signal to make a call. Waverly fought hard that's for sure. Roback played his heart out but just couldn't get a handle on the ball to throw well.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Yes Bleeding Red. I'm talking directly to you. You've been putting yourself on a pedestal all year. LOL. Your a joke.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

FalconFan wrote:Yes Bleeding Red. I'm talking directly to you. You've been putting yourself on a pedestal all year. LOL. Your a joke.

Any time big boy. You just say when you think you are bad enough to do it. I am sick of you NOT sticking up for Minford and laying down again, and again and again!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What might you be talking about IRONFALCON? Which official signal should I wait for before making an annoucement next game?

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Once again the Falcons played down to the competition and, you can say what you want but Minford should have beat this team just as bad as they did last year.....Hope we get it together this week cause Valley got embarrassed tonight and would nothing more than to steal Minfords glory by making them share the SOC crown.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

On "fumble" play, the official never did signal for the ball going in waverlys direction. Also on the "interception" I never saw the official signal anything but defensive pass interference. I'm suprised the officials didn't give the announcer a warning after his comment on a real fumble later in the game when they said something to the effect of "Tigers ball on THIS fumble." Years ago an announcer at Minford said something similar and was told if he said anything else like that he was out of the booth.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:What might you be talking about IRONFALCON? Which official signal should I wait for before making an annoucement next game?

I know that home field advantage includes the announcer getting a bit more enthusiastic for the home team.....but on Minford's 1st TD we could barely hear you announce it. Really the points are going on the scoreboard anyway and everyone knew we scored. You might as well announce it so people can hear it over the PA. Other than that and I think it was fine. Again, I always expect the home announcer to be more enthusiastic for the home team!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

That was one muddy field,slowed down Minfords running game big time. Although Slone finished up with 180 yards. Good game to Waverly they played hard and refused to go down without a fight. Good Job Falcons now take care of those pesky Indians next week.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Bleedingred I see you've made another friend1 :122249

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Bleeding Red, you have a PM.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Incognito wrote:That was one muddy field,slowed down Minfords running game big time. Although Slone finished up with 180 yards. Good game to Waverly they played hard and refused to go down without a fight. Good Job Falcons now take care of those pesky Indians next week.

The muddy field took its toll. I cant believe Slone had that many yards. Sure didnt seem like it, but it was just a wet and sloppy game.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

bleeding red u have a PM

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red,
I announced both Minfords TD's like I do any game so I don't know what you're talking about. I announced who it was, how long of a run it was and that it was a TD. Sorry if I wasn't "excited" about it, lol.

FALCONFAN,
Sorry if you think I screwed up on announcing the fumble recovery but both teams were exchanging their offenses/defenses when an official came in LATE to say a phantom knee was down.
What I announced on the interception was that the pass was intercepted but there was a flag on the play. DID YOU NOT HEAR THAT?
I don't know what you think you heard on the next Tiger fumble recovery but it wasn't that. If you want to type "quotes" you better get them correct!
I'm glad you don't have anything else to pick on other than my announcing.
I'm sure if I was doing anything wrong that professional officiating crew would have let me know.

Again,
Congratulations to the Minford Falcons - we'll be rooting for you next week.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Maybe I (along with many others) missed the knee going down. I honestly thought he was standing straight up and simply dropped the ball and a Waverly player fell on it. Minford ended up scoring on that possession so it sure was a huge call. If Waverly gets the ball they're in Minford territory with plenty of time before half.

I sure would like to know what the film revealed. From my view it appeared to be an absolutely horrendous call.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Well that's probably why Minford had over 150 yards in offensive penalties in the second half. ;-)

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Vladimir wrote:^ Well that's probably why Minford had over 150 yards in offensive penalties in the second half. ;-)

Sounds to me like someone talked to the refs at half-time. The penalties were very one sided in the 2nd half to say the least.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Yeah, the penalties were make up calls.

Return to “Football”