SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

val13
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Post by val13 »

I think that Valley has a much better chance in this ball game than they did last week vs. Burg. They havent beat Burg in 45+ years. That is just a monkey on Valleys back. But in past years it has been very even with Minford. The only thing that worries me is " How is valley going to stop the Minford running game?". Giving up 400 yards on the ground to Burg is awful. The weather looks to be in Minford's favor. It will be a close on out at Minford on Friday. I will be making the trip out there. Good Luck Valley. GO INDIANS!!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

It wasn't pouring the rain. More like a constant sprinkle. :lol: I don't think it had that much of a impact on the passing game since it was on turf. Also it's obvious the valley qb likes to throw the fade route but minford will have stop more then just the fade to win. I do like our secondary compared to their passing attack though.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

Bleeding Red wrote:
I smell good wrote:
OST wrote: I feel sorry for valley to be honest. Because they really have no idea exactly how great of a football team they're about to step on the same feild with.

You're kidding right? :lol:

No joke.

Not at all buddy. Hate me for saying it, Doesnt really matter. I just believe the Falcons are going to play some extremely good football friday

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Minford is by far the best team West played this year. They have everything it takes, good line, hard running backs, big receivers, and a really good experienced QB. Their defense is agressive also.

I was not impressed with Valley. I know they won the game, but West just gave it to them with the fumbles.

If Minford comes to play with the same intensity that they did against West, and they probably will with all the problems between the two the last couple years; this one will be over by the half and could get ugly.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

siderman wrote:Minford is by far the best team West played this year. They have everything it takes, good line, hard running backs, big receivers, and a really good experienced QB. Their defense is agressive also.

I was not impressed with Valley. I know they won the game, but West just gave it to them with the fumbles.

If Minford comes to play with the same intensity that they did against West, and they probably will with all the problems between the two the last couple years; this one will be over by the half and could get ugly.

I have to agree with you siderman. All year we have been talking about which team will show up, for Minford. And I think that the agressive, hard running, and experienced team will show up Friday. They have everything to play for, and everything to loose!!!

And Valley fans, don't think that a muddy field will be any help to my Falcons. I would love to see this game played on a dry field, no rain, and about 60 degrees. I think that we have alot more to offer than just running up the middle. We have speed, and I would like to see us be able to pass the ball. The Coaches have been able to take what teams have given us, and putting points on the board. So I think both teams are praying for good weather.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford was a little sloppy against Northwest in the first half and the weather held them in check the second half against Waverly. But make no mistake about it, Daniels and Co will have them ready to play this week. I see Minford putting up their best defensive game so far this year which will spark the offense.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I hope Valley watches the Waverly tape, that's probably as good as we can play!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Valley is certainly a good team this year and will be ready to play. I think the indians are a year away from their best football IMO. I think the Falcons will get the run game going strong and bring that gold football back to Minford. Looks to be a great game this week, let's hope for some decent weather to make it as enjoyable as possible for the fans. Sure is good to see some teams not wearing orange and black playing for the SOC again.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Good luck to both teams. Both would be very deserving of a league title, or a share of one.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

And the 3 men I admire most; My Father, Dale Earnhardt and Woody Hayes. They caught the last train for the coast the day the music died!! ;-)

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

D-5 wrote:And the 3 men I admire most; My Father, Dale Earnhardt and Woody Hayes. They caught the last train for the coast the day the music died!! ;-)

Good post. We are missing someone to liven this thread up a little from Valley. Hope to see him Friday night

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

We sure are.....he was banned for no reason...SAD SAD SAD.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I'm also glad to see no orange and black in this one. Better come early for a seat in this one!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Valley is a better team this year, and so is Minford. I'm sure that Valley's coaches have been dissecting the Waverly(Minford) game tape, also the Oak Hill(Minford) tape trying to find the weakness' in Minfords secondary and will try to exploit them on Friday night, and If I were a Minford coach I would be trying to find those weakness' as well. I truly believe (with no trash talk bias) that this game will be close and could come down to special teams...If you look back at the 2000 Minford team, they would drive a stake into the hearts of their opponents with....blocked punts/FG's....Punt and Kick Returns.....and field position, thus shifting momentum in Minfords favor. I also think that turnovers will be key, if Minford's backs dont hold onto the ball or if Valley's QB tries to make too much happen then that could be a turning point in the game.
I guess what I'm trying to say is....we all like to talk trash (ecspecially in rivalry games) but in our heart of hearts as Minford fans we know that Minford will not be able to turn in a Waverly game type of performance and expect to win, and this type of game comes down to the little things, not just the home run type of plays.

Good Luck and Good Health to both teams, hopefully My Falcons will come out on top.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

waverly game MUD,they get nothing from that tape :122246

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

I will take the Falcons in a classic. I hope the field is dry so we can see the best from both teams.

Go Falcons.

:12223

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree, they will get nothing of use from the Waverly/Minford tape. Minford's secondary was not exploited. Waverly's TD came on the ground. There was no passing the ball with any success in that game.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

MuletownManiac wrote:Valley is a better team this year, and so is Minford. I'm sure that Valley's coaches have been dissecting the Waverly(Minford) game tape, also the Oak Hill(Minford) tape trying to find the weakness' in Minfords secondary and will try to exploit them on Friday night, and If I were a Minford coach I would be trying to find those weakness' as well. I truly believe (with no trash talk bias) that this game will be close and could come down to special teams...If you look back at the 2000 Minford team, they would drive a stake into the hearts of their opponents with....blocked punts/FG's....Punt and Kick Returns.....and field position, thus shifting momentum in Minfords favor. I also think that turnovers will be key, if Minford's backs dont hold onto the ball or if Valley's QB tries to make too much happen then that could be a turning point in the game.
I guess what I'm trying to say is....we all like to talk trash (ecspecially in rivalry games) but in our heart of hearts as Minford fans we know that Minford will not be able to turn in a Waverly game type of performance and expect to win, and this type of game comes down to the little things, not just the home run type of plays.

Good Luck and Good Health to both teams, hopefully My Falcons will come out on top.

Good post, most always that has the best special teams and commits the least turnovers will win...discipline wins games and championships...Minford has a swarming defense, and do great against the run...I haven't really seen them go against a good passing team yet...Valley has a good passing attack...If valley can exploit this it could be different game...However, I think minford holds on to the ball and has some long drives, and wins the game by two scores 28-14...it could be less, however Valley does have shot...they just have to commit less turnovers. Turnovers almost gave them a loss against and did lose them the game against Burg. Most of the time old teams commit less turnovers and hold on to the ball better, Minford is old and Burg is old...they don't make very many mistakes...Valley is young and West is even younger...they have made a lot of mistakes this year

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

This one will be a fun one to watch. This game is HUGE in so many aspects. GREAT finish to the regular season for both teams. I think I have to go with Minford in this one.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I said last year, on this post, that Valley would be the dark horse of the SOC II in 2009.
This years game will be a close one. The field is in good shape, not tore up, and should be dried out really good come Friday. Their hasn`t been a game on it since 10/16.
28 / 20 Minford

Return to “Football”