Freshman Team

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Post by pappy »

grove will roll and if all works well guess what :122249

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

IMHO, which doesnt mean much, here is what I think. I have seen both of these teams play and both are very good. CG will have to pick their poison. OH has 2 very good wide outs and a QB that will get them the ball. If CG tries to stop the OH passing game I think Hale will go off on them, he runs very hard and has a nice blend of size and speed. If they load up the box to stop the ground game then Slone will pick them apart. On the other side if OH loads up the box and stops CG's running attack I dont think CG can beat them through the air. I think it will be a hard fought game but dont see anyway CG comes out ahead barring OH turning the ball over multiple times.
Good Luck to both teams.

OH 35
CG 14

sports4ever
Waterboy

Post by sports4ever »

paramedic192 wrote:This is going to be an exciting game. I think Coal Grove D needs to watch this Oak Hill QB he is a very good QB and can throw. I do however see Coal Grove coming out on top

Coal Grove 22
Oak Hill 21

Going to be a close one!

I think if Lucas will change his defense as they change their offense then CG should come out on top. However, he has some key players that did not see much action in Fridays game and lets hope he gets all of his players out there and keep his db's and running backs with fresh legs. He is known to keep his pics out on the field even when they are extremely winded, :122246 which is really stupid because he has 2 and 3 deep in every position. If one player is not up to par take him out and replace him with a hungry player from the side line. I am going with the Grove . :122245

CG 42
OH 37

theassassin
All State

Re: D5, Region 19 1st Round: (#7) Coal Grove @ (#2) Oak Hill

Post by theassassin »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:Tailgate party at the Swamps, they love the old Grovers there.......

where the swamps?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

tigercannon71 wrote:I think Coal Grove should win this one. The D 6 teams that Oak Hill played arent compareable to some of the teams on the Hornets Schedule. That being said unless the Hornets play great defense I see this one turning into a shoot out like they had with Fairland a few years ago. This on has the opportunity to be a 50-48 game with the outcome being decided by which team has the ball last.

I agree 100% with this whole thing.
Oak Hill hasn't played a decent team in weeks. Their SOCI schedule makes Coal Grove's OVC schedule look tough. Even Symmes Valley (and everyone on here knows Symmes Valley is my 2nd-favorite team in the county) would be flat-out winning two games in the OVC.
Oak Hill's stats, therefore, are somewhat tainted because of their mediocre schedule.
All that being said, I know how Oak Hill likes to play offense and I know they have the talent to do it.
They'll spread you out and make you respect both the run and the pass. Hale is NOT one of the top 5 RBs in the area. Maybe - MAYBE top 10. Again, Oak Hill's stats are somewhat deceptive because they've been preying on weak D6 teams for about a month straight.
Hale gets his yards because everyone's worried Slone will burn them with the pass.
Stopping Oak Hill's offense requires:

A) You have players (especially the DBs) who are very quick and can tackle in space, one on one.

B) A strong D-line that can stand firm + LBs that have a good sense of where the ball's going to be and can attack the play at full speed without hesitating.

C) Don't give them many opportunities. The best defense is a good offense. Keep you offense on the field and you guarantee yourself of containing the Oaks' offense.

D) This one goes for everyone on the defense: keep the play in front of you. Oak Hill is going to rack up yards. The key is to bend, but not break. Don't let them get by you and don't give up the big play. Make them work for it instead of giving it all to them in one play.

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Granted, the SOC I is weaker than the OVC so let's look at common opponents...

Minford - OH 20-14 (W) CG 28-31 (L)
Chesapeake - OH 37-14 (W) CG 50-27 (W)
Rock Hill - OH 42-8 (W) CG 37-12 (W)
River Valley - OH 38-0 (W) CG 44-7 (W)

Averages in these four games - OH 34.25-9 CG 39.75-19.25

Averages for the entire season - OH 38.9-6.3 (4 shut outs) CG 38.3-18.7 (1 shut out)

On paper, these teams appear to be very evenly matched. I may be a little biased, but I'd give a slight edge to Oak Hill...good defense and an offense loaded with weapons that features QB Jesse Slone (2,023 yards and 27 TDs) and RB Westen Hale (1,386 yds and 15 TDs).

It's all good on paper, but doesn't necessarily mean a thing...that's why they play the games. I'm looking for a great first round game between these two former OVC rivals this Friday night.

REMEMBER...both communities buy your tickets pre-sale for $7 instead of paying $9 at the gate. Pre-sale sales also mean your school gets to keep a portion of the proceeds.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

So what I am reading on here is that Coal Grove has no chance and we shouldn't even show up Friday night, I mean Oak Hill has so many weapons and is so good that they could probably go up to Cleveland and hand it to St. Ig,,,,,,,,,Lets just remember that both of these teams are really good and Oak Hill has just as much of a chance of winning this game as the Grove, please Oak Hill fans, one good year doesn't give you the right to think you are better than any team in southern Ohio.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Well fuzznuts, you'll see what type of running back Hale is come Friday. Most of his yards have come in probably 2 qtrs of play in most of the games, he rushed for 128 yds against Minford, they'll tell you what type of back he is, they had no answer for him. But thanks for some bulletin board material, I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Against the 4 teams we have played that are not D6 he rushed 66 times for 470yds, 7.1 ypc.
Coal Grove will just have to pick their poison because they won't stop both of them.

I will agree with this. Hale is a very good, hard running back. It usually takes more than one man to take him down. I think he surprised the Minford team, with how good he is. Most teams worry about the pass, and forget about Hale. If you do that, he will hurt you.

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

lets go oak hill ;-)

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I would say this is the best nmatch-up in this area this weekend shoud be a fun one to watch

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

fuzzhead hang on while i burst out in laughter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your post of hale is not in the top 5 and maybe not even the top 10 in the area is still making me giggle :lol: :lol:

I CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY BABY...better get that fuzz outta your head and start seeing clearly!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Pendelton - West

Wilks - Ironton

Craigmiles - Burg

Shank - Burg

Slone - Minford

^^^^^ There's 5 RBs right there that have played against MUCH tougher competition than Oak Hill that I have seen at least once this year that are better than Hale.
I could go on and on, but I think you guys get the point.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

What?????? You Coal Grove fans are full of it! No way Hale isn't the BEST in the county! He might even be the BEST ever! I hear USC is trying to bring him in! :lol:

Seriously though he is a top 10 back in this area. Hey he can move to minford next year! Im sure coach daniels would love to have hale,slone, gaines, and piquet next year! 8)

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

The only point we get is how clueless you are! GO OAKS!! Give em hale friday westen!!!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

fuzzhead wrote:Pendelton - West

Wilks - Ironton

Craigmiles - Burg

Shank - Burg

Slone - Minford

^^^^^ There's 5 RBs right there that have played against MUCH tougher competition than Oak Hill that I have seen at least once this year that are better than Hale.
I could go on and on, but I think you guys get the point.

Have you seen Hale play this year? He would definitely be in the top 5 somewhere.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Apparently he hasnt or he wouldnt be speaking that nonsense!!!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:The only point we get is how clueless you are! GO OAKS!! Give em hale friday westen!!!!

Im assuming that you meant that towards me since it was right after my post. If so you should read my post again :twisted: . I think Hale is one of the best backs in the area but people around here tend to blow up their home team players a bit too much. West would be a perfect example of that this year with pendleton. He is a very good player and more people probably would be more impressed with him if some fans did not act like he is the next jim brown or something. Im pulling for the oaks in this one so hopefully the falcons will get a shot at them next week!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

It was to fuzz

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

lets not forget that CG can pass the ball very well. I really hope OH loads the line of scrimmage and lets them have some open field to work with cause ferguson will put it in the air and make them pay.
what team was it he put up 200+ yards on?..........

Return to “Football”