Spartans- 3
-- Final: Aces - 56
Spartans - 10

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by FANOSPORTS »

tigers90 quoted:
I went up to CC on Friday...and yes...before your big back got hurt...myself and my buddy that went with me kept shaking our heads at some of the play from both teams...mostly the Amanda offense...which I felt would not gain many yards at all against a good team...or even an average defensive team...Yes they had the big back who was running up the middle and even outside on a couple of occasions...however...a coach with much knowledge at all would bring their ends up and close that off as far as the slants...and a good line wouldn't have given up the big gains up the middle...the other back was quick..but wouldn't stand much of a chance against a decent club...he wasn't that impressive..What impressed us the most was Amanda's Passing...which as we all know isn't Amanda's strong point...

As far as Defenses...Ironton faced many teams with as good or better during regular season...Logan..Jackson..Ashland..Russell..Wheelersburg...Nelsonville and Portsmouth to name a few...but I would guess by watching that the team we faced that looked the most like CC was Wheelersburg...
I didn't see anything special with the defense...other than they had good speed/quickness...but again..a good line would really hurt CC...especially if they had three good backs to mix in with that...[/quote]

ccfan quoted:
Listen Tiger, for the sake of arguing. I couldn't agree more on the fact that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone out there that will bring you back to reality, and BTW, it works both ways, so please don't lump me into the category of a "senior parent with rose colored glasses" because I'm far from it. I watch alot of football outside of Amanda and the "little teams we play in our area".
The fact that you walked away from our game most impressed with our passing game makes me wonder if you were even at the right game....are you kidding me![/quote]

I agree. There are a lot of us on here that watch a lot of football around the whole state year in and year out as a "hobby" of sorts and not just in our "league" who know and understand how football is played around the state with no partiality one way or the other but can usually pick a very high percentage of the games right on any given Friday or Saturday night and even though we may root for a team, sometimes you just know they're gonna get manhandled and that's the way it is. Amanda-Clearcreek 49 Alexander 14

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I hope I'm wrong ,but I think Alexander will be lucky to score in this game.I'm not bashing the Spartans. I think they have had a great season ,maybe the best in their schools history. I consider Coach Arno a friend and I think he is a great coach. I'm just saying look at who Amanda has played ,the points they have allowed(not many) . Amanda is a seasoned playoff contender,a State Champion .
I hope I'm wrong and alexander can keep it close.I just think that Amanda & Ironton will be playing for the Region Championship.I just hope its played in Jackson's Alumni Stadium.

Again Good luck to the Spartans ,and no matter what happens this will be a season you will never forget ,and with Arno buliding on this with your comunity support there will be more seasons like this.

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

tiger90, you watch one game and know how good a team is. The buckeye's want to talk to you and while your at it the steelers might need some help getting back into the playoffs. LOL

MSLfan
Waterboy

Post by MSLfan »

Tigerfan,
Alexander man-handled Nelsonville from start to finish when they played this year. You were up 13-6 on them at the half, and Alexander actually beat Nelsonville by more points than Ironton. Don't go throwing around your schedule. It is better than Alexander's but in the one common opponent you both had, Alexander beat them by a larger margin. That was without their starting center in the game as well.

Good Luck to Hinton's on both sides.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

If you read my post...I did say that I felt that it would be a better game than everyone seems to be thinking it is going to be...If the Alexander team that faced Nelsonville shows up...and the team isn't coming in thinking that they are going to get beat down like some of the CC fans think is going to happen...they stand a chance of the upset...I too watch a lot of football...have seen a lot of different teams over the years..I think that CC has an above average team this year...but by no means a contender for the state championship...don't really think for the region..although stranger things have happened...I feel that Wheelersburg is right on their level after watching both teams this year...and if you saw my post in some of the other posts...I feel that burg has probably the best chance of winning their region...if they bring their A game...I was just not impressed by the offensive line...although there are three good athletes on the line...and feel that once they get up against a good line it will be lights out for their offense...defensively...they are a good team..with quickness...but nothing great...

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

tigger90, I think you better worry about your Ironton team. They got a couple to play before we STOMP them. Alex come on up and enjoy the festivities. Welcome to the playoffs. We hope to be very good hosts. BTW tig Nelsonville-York is ranked 294 in the state. Amanda Clearcreek 34. Get vour prescription checked.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

TIGERS90 wrote:If you read my post...I did say that I felt that it would be a better game than everyone seems to be thinking it is going to be...If the Alexander team that faced Nelsonville shows up...and the team isn't coming in thinking that they are going to get beat down like some of the CC fans think is going to happen...they stand a chance of the upset...I too watch a lot of football...have seen a lot of different teams over the years..I think that CC has an above average team this year...but by no means a contender for the state championship...don't really think for the region..although stranger things have happened...I feel that Wheelersburg is right on their level after watching both teams this year...and if you saw my post in some of the other posts...I feel that burg has probably the best chance of winning their region...if they bring their A game...I was just not impressed by the offensive line...although there are three good athletes on the line...and feel that once they get up against a good line it will be lights out for their offense...defensively...they are a good team..with quickness...but nothing great...

I never said anything about AC going to state or winning the region for that matter. I do believe we are good enough to compete with anyone in the region and it's not disrespectful to say so.
My first post here was to inform fans traveling to AC of what the atmosphere/food/parking was like at our field, heck I didn't even mention the game...when I stumbled across your scout report I was dumbfounded that someone could, in one single post, manage to disrespect a team, along with their entire league and then some... Excellent work. I've been on JJ for going on 8 years and I thought I had seen it all...

Alexander fans have a good trip and I hope you enjoy your time at our place.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

acespop wrote:tigger90, I think you better worry about your Ironton team. They got a couple to play before we STOMP them. Alex come on up and enjoy the festivities. Welcome to the playoffs. We hope to be very good hosts. BTW tig Nelsonville-York is ranked 294 in the state. Amanda Clearcreek 34. Get vour prescription checked.

I totally agree with your overall point.
I don't know about the accuracy of the rankings you give, but they are probably computer generated and I don't think the computer has rose colored glasses.

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

As a return of the favor sent by CARBONCOPY. I'd like to tell you a little bit about the Aces.

On offense we have a senior laden line. The center position has been moved around a bit because of a broken leg( go BIG EZ), then by a bruised sternum. Our quaterback is a second year starter who is still a junior. We will find out about the backs with you this Saturday(Sorry you don't get to see Mr. Dilley he was fun to watch). We rotate a group of 6 wide outs to bring in plays. We are basically an I formation power running team.

On Defense we are kinda young starting two sophmores, four juniors, and five seniors. We play three down and one stand up linemen that like to attack the QB.
AT LB we have three seniors featuring the Distric player of the year (Tyler Genders) in the middle. Our denfense backs are very quick and excell in run support. Till the final game we had not surrendered a 100 yrd. rushing game to anyone. One 69 yard run and he finished with 107 or so. Till the Bloom Carol game we had only given up 24 points(third best all time at AC) with two of td's surrendered on offense.

Good Luck!! hope to see you on Saturday night.

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

pappy1 wrote:
acespop wrote:tigger90, I think you better worry about your Ironton team. They got a couple to play before we STOMP them. Alex come on up and enjoy the festivities. Welcome to the playoffs. We hope to be very good hosts. BTW tig Nelsonville-York is ranked 294 in the state. Amanda Clearcreek 34. Get vour prescription checked.

I totally agree with your overall point.
I don't know about the accuracy of the rankings you give, but they are probably computer generated and I don't think the computer has rose colored glasses.

PAPPY if you go to maxpreps.com it has alot of data. You should talk to your AD or Coach, it usually has rosters stats records and such. ALEX doesn't have any stats or roster. Thats where I found team rank in the state.

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

how is the field at A.C?

creekazoid
Waterboy

Post by creekazoid »

The feild is in great shape you will be impressed.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What do you mean ALEXADNER DOESN'T have any stats or anything????

GO TO trivalleyconference.com and you will find all the offensive stats you desire on the ALEXANDER SPARTANS!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

He meant they don't have stats or anything on maxperps.com

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

acespop........I knew the rankings you listed came from maxpreps. That is why I mentioned they were computer generated.

Computers are not always accurate.
Having said that, they are not biased, so I trust them more than SEOP posters who wear rose colored glasses.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This first-round playoff game can be heard on Power 105.5-FM WXTQ across Southeast Ohio.

Brian Boesch and Mark Hunter will have the call, beginning at 6:45 p.m.

You can listen live at this link:

mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Thanks!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

AC just might win this region

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Way to go Alex on a great year. Just play hard and show the state that the TVC
knows how to play football. Will be behind you all the way.

GO TVC OHIO

Return to “Football”