D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

seasick80
All State

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Post by seasick80 »

89Falcon wrote:minford defends the run very well probably better than any other team in the soc ... i look for our defense to slow down Mr. everything and i have a feeling him and #27 #7 #15 are going to be seeing alot of each other :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 ... also believe that playing at home will be a huge factor in a minford win

Minford 28
Ridgewood 14

I wouldnt say they defend the run real good. Burg had over 180 yds in the first half. Minford just needs to tackle well, fill the gaps, stay at home and dont get sucked up into fakes. Tall task when ur hyped all week and the adreniline is flowing. Totally different ballgame in week 11. Totally different team than u have ever seen in a while. Great back. Good offense. I believe in Minfords D!. I think they can adjust and make the stops. One thing I been harping on Burgs D all year, Safetey must NOT let anyone behind him. If Minfords S does that, I think game over. DOnt let a trick play get ur team down!! Keep the crowd into the game no matter what!! LOL, GO FALCONS!!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

89Falcon wrote:minford defends the run very well probably better than any other team in the soc ... i look for our defense to slow down Mr. everything and i have a feeling him and #27 #7 #15 are going to be seeing alot of each other :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 ... also believe that playing at home will be a huge factor in a minford win

Minford 28
Ridgewood 14

89, I will have to disagree with you on this one. I think other than the West game, we have looked pretty weak against the run. Now I'm not saying that we can't stop the run when our backs get against the wall. But there has been alot of teams that really moved the ball on the ground. Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Wellston, and even Valley moved the ball on the ground against us. We really need to step it up this weekend.

I have been on here talking about our linebackers all year, and that is our weakest link on Defense. Coach M. has made alot of changes at linebacker this year, trying to find something that works. He's moved #68 to linebacker, and now #27plays every down. Both have been positive for our defense. He has even moved #7 to linebacker at times, which I really like, to try and stop the run. Coach M., I think, is still trying to do different things, because he is not happy with our run-stop, defense. I hope he works something out for this week.

Now to clear the air, I want to say that our linebackers have looked very good at times. #27 has really stepped up this year, #15 has done good also. But #15 has a hard job, he is a returning starter, and everyone around here keys on him to block. And that makes it tough to make big plays. #68 and #25, have been great at times, they may be the key to this week.

No matter what, our defense has done what it has had to do, to win games. And we are all proud of them. But I know, Coach M. will never be satisfied, and will always be trying something different, to make our defense better. He is a great coach, and has proved alot to me this year.

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Congratulations to Minford on SOC and good luck vs Ridgewood. Think Minford will come out on top!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:

Minford 28
Ridgewood 14

89, I will have to disagree with you on this one. I think other than the West game, we have looked pretty weak against the run. Now I'm not saying that we can't stop the run when our backs get against the wall. But there has been alot of teams that really moved the ball on the ground. Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, Wellston, and even Valley moved the ball on the ground against us. We really need to step it up this weekend.

I have been on here talking about our linebackers all year, and that is our weakest link on Defense. Coach M. has made alot of changes at linebacker this year, trying to find something that works. He's moved #68 to linebacker, and now #27plays every down. Both have been positive for our defense. He has even moved #7 to linebacker at times, which I really like, to try and stop the run. Coach M., I think, is still trying to do different things, because he is not happy with our run-stop, defense. I hope he works something out for this week.

Now to clear the air, I want to say that our linebackers have looked very good at times. #27 has really stepped up this year, #15 has done good also. But #15 has a hard job, he is a returning starter, and everyone around here keys on him to block. And that makes it tough to make big plays. #68 and #25, have been great at times, they may be the key to this week.

No matter what, our defense has done what it has had to do, to win games. And we are all proud of them. But I know, Coach M. will never be satisfied, and will always be trying something different, to make our defense better. He is a great coach, and has proved alot to me this year.

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

I agree. Our defense is hit and miss.....kids not breaking down and making sure tackles at the line of scrimmage or the backfield have been our demise. We must have missed 20 tackles in the backfield against Valley and let them drive on us when they should have been stopped for a loss.

Our offense will score points, the kids will have to step it up on D to win the game.

Go Falcons!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

The dline is the biggest problem not the linebackers, minford probably has one of the better lb core in southern ohio. Miller(#68), Gaines (#27), Slone(#15) are all really good lbs. Mix in Grahm(#24) who plays strong and thats a lb core I will take every time. Taylor(#25) did not play well last week and it hurt because imo he is the best on the dline. I heard some things about him being sick last week so I look for him to be back to full health and playing great once again this week. Also, gaines (#27) has played every down on D all year.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

I pick the Falcons in a shootout.....

Minford 28
Ridgewood 21

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

Ridgewood is not slow, they are fast. State qualifiers in both 4 by 100 and 200 relays last spring, Conrad, Landis, Wiggins were on those relays, they are the Woods three backs. Bates and Anderson were on 1 relay apiece. Bates is the starting WR/S and Anderson starts at C/DE. This team is not big but one thing they can do is run. Team is not as physical as last years team but alot more athletic.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

mother_nature wrote:Ridgewood is not slow, they are fast. State qualifiers in both 4 by 100 and 200 relays last spring, Conrad, Landis, Wiggins were on those relays, they are the Woods three backs. Bates and Anderson were on 1 relay apiece. Bates is the starting WR/S and Anderson starts at C/DE. This team is not big but one thing they can do is run. Team is not as physical as last years team but alot more athletic.

Didn't think anyone said they were slow? Minford knows they are in for a tough night with a good team, everyone is good now.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Filling the gaps and rushing up field could be the worst thing could Minford do, they need to smack the guy across them in the face, stay at home and read their keys...and I stated that Ridgewood wasn't very fast, because in my opinion they aren't compared to Minford, track speed and football speed are two different things...Minford has a defense that is quick to the ball...

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I doubt that Ridgewood is any faster then Minford or Wheelersburg for that matter.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Good Luck Minford..

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

calpreps says Ridgewood 31 Minford 20

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

2 keys to beating ridgewood are stopping #5 obviously and our offense staying balanced the whole game with a good mixture of running and throwing the football in various formations......ive watched film on ridgewood and they are a very good team but imo they are predictable...they run jet motion on EVERY play...i think the defense will step up huge this week...another thing to mention is that ridgewood on defense has seen nuthin but spread teams....if we play power football and run it down their throat how will they react?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

A-Bomb wrote:if we play power football and run it down their throat how will they react?

Probably not well, that's what west did to them last year and it worked well for them. I don't think they will be able to deal with the physical kind of football we play down here in the SOC II. If they have played spread teams all year they could be in for a long night against our run game. It seems like mother_nature is a ridgewood person, their first post was asking if Minford is better than last years west team (who played ridgewood in the playoffs last year) and their second was talking about how fast ridgewood was.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

That or just another falcon hater :mad:

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

that my point exactly...imo i just do not see them reacting well to a physical style running game...which we possess

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck from Ptown.......best wishes.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If they play 4 quarters of ball like they did against West, it will be very bad for Ridgewood.....or any team in region 19 for that matter.

muletownmom08
Waterboy

Post by muletownmom08 »

Good Luck Friday to this Minford team, i havent got to watch every game but i have been there for most of them, and this is a very good team, but they will have to play hard like they did against burg because i am sure ridgewood will want it just as much as we do. I will only say one thing about the 07-08 team because my son was a senior that year, I believe they did play a big part in how far this program has come in the past three years, and that includes most of the seniors this year, I believe they helped prove to minford and themselves that minford could have a winning program again with the help of Coach Daniels and co. and leadership and team playing of those seniors. so good luck friday and i will see ya at the game

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

good luck falcons

Return to “Football”