D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) Ridgewood at Lancaster

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think Oak Hill people have a pretty good idea of how to get to Lancaster. We have had some pretty good games there the past 10 years in another sport. Time to start making history there in football

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Exactly MOF! Are the tickets on sale yet?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Take US 35 W from Jackson to Chillicothe.
Merge onto US 23 N toward Columbus.
Take the OH 159/Bridge St Exit toward Kingston.
Turn Right onto OH 159 (by Adena Hospital).
Follow OH 159 until it runs into US 22.

Turn Right onto US 22 and follow it into Lancaster.
Once you reach Lancaster, stay straight on US 22/W Main St.
Turn left onto OH 37/N High Street.
Follow OH 37 until you see Fair Ave. (right next to the Fairgrounds).
Turn Right onto Fair Ave and a few blocks later, you will see the stadium on your left.

Trust me when I tell you guys you don't want to go this way. Rt 159 goes out through Gods country and the middle of nowhere and it seems like you are driving forever before you get to Rt 22. It is much quicker to go right on up Rt 23 to Circleville and take the Rt 22 exit and then go on to Lancaster. I had people swear to me that Rt 159 was much faster to Lancaster so I tried it one time and it is a winding, twisty little 2 lane and I couldn't see where it was any faster at all. As a matter of fact I think it took longer going that way. Go to Circleville and pick up Rt 22 there, you won't regret it.

159 is absolutely the best way to go 2 lane but straight and level circleville will add 30-40 minutes to the drive at least. ive been this way a lot it is a nice drive

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Congrats to both team, on your win in week 11.

But this is going to be a dog fight. I have to pull for the Oak's, but they better play smart, if they want to pull this one off. Ridgewood has a very good team, with alot of speed. With out a doubt, they are the fastest team we played this year. And they don't make mistakes. You can tell they are very well coached. They came into Minford and kicked our butts with class. I have alot of respect for the team, and the coaching staff. They were a class act.

But the Oak's can win this game. You have to take what ever they will give you, either the pass or run. What I mean, is that they have so much speed, if they set back they will take your pass from you. So the running game will have to step it up. If they crowd the line, like they did Minford, you have to be able to hit your passes. I think the Oak's coaching staff will come up with a good game plan, and hopefully pull this one off. Because when they beat my Falcons, they did exactly that. We took their pass away from them, and they beat us with the run.

I hope to make it to this one, I think it will be a great game. Both teams have alot of talent, and are well coached.

Good Luck to both teams, and be safe!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: D5 - R19: (2) Oak Hill vs. (6) West Lafayette Ridgewood

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

lugnut61 wrote:so anyone wanna predict slone and hales numbers for the night i say 184 passing for slone and 120 for hale rushing comine for 6 tds

WOW! Like Ridgewood don't exist!! Huh? Maybe we should ask Minford what they thought of Ridgewood?

I saw Minford,Oak Hill and Coal Grove play this year IMHO Minford was better than any of them. Oak Hill has improved some since week 3.

Simple!
If Ridgewood gets pressure on Sloan game over! He does not react to pressure well at all. If he gets time to throw and the screen game works Oak Hill could win.
What i have heard Ridgewood is faster across the lineup than any team Minford had faced.
Oak Hill must stop Ridgewood's running game??? If they can,they simply wore Minford down.

Don't let swollen heads cost Oaks the game

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

the wood is scary.. when they hit the field in pre game thier backs are running full tilt from sideline to sideline.. one fan from the wood said they will have 12 players go to state in track..and the center is the last leg on the 4x1 relay team....good luck to both teams...

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Ridgewood is the real deal, when you hold a Minford team that had averaged over 30 points a game to only 10 points. Then ridgewoods offense put up 36 on a Minford defence that averaged 13 points a game. I would like to see the oaks win this one and represent southern ohio, but I just don't see it happening.s

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

bushmaster24 wrote:the wood is scary.. when they hit the field in pre game thier backs are running full tilt from sideline to sideline.. one fan from the wood said they will have 12 players go to state in track..and the center is the last leg on the 4x1 relay team....good luck to both teams...

Yes, you are right on, and that center also plays defensive tackle. He was in our backfield all night. On offense, he will snap the ball, and then he will pull, and go down the line and make a block. Their backs are very fast, but their line has alot of speed too. Just watch their splits, they will spread the field from one hash to the other.
#51 is fun to watch!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Since I have no life I went to Lancaster and timed it each way from Waverly.
Taking 159 - 1 hour 2 mins
Taking 23 to Circleville - 1 hour 7 mins
So for what its worth there it is

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

IRONFALCON wrote:Ridgewood is the real deal, when you hold a Minford team that had averaged over 30 points a game to only 10 points. Then ridgewoods offense put up 36 on a Minford defence that averaged 13 points a game. I would like to see the oaks win this one and represent southern ohio, but I just don't see it happening.s

i no that ridgewood is the real deal but so are the oaks hale runs hard and slone is a incredible passer

the oaks have improved much sine the third game of the season and this will be a good game i thing combined both teams will score total of 11 touchdowns shootout

OH 42 RW 35

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Fulton Field is not a turf surface.

This will be a tough game for both teams. Both teams are good and are 11-0 for a reason.

lugnut61.....For the first few days of your time on this site, no one is impressed. If you are going to post idiotic comments, would you please at least spell correctly. Thank you.

none of the comments i am posting are idiotic apparently noone of this thread reads all the posts

i said that oak hill will win 42-35 scoreing 6 td and winning in a shootout niether defense can stop the others offence so we will just see who can score the fastest

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Oaks fans...tickets will be available at the school on Wednesday, November 11th (per school's web site). Remember to but presale to support your school and save $2.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Would like to see the Oaks advance but I just don't see it happening this year:

Ridgewood 35, Oak Hill 21

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

fbbacker wrote:Would like to see the Oaks advance but I just don't see it happening this year:

Ridgewood 35, Oak Hill 21

You never know what might happen come playoff time. That's why they play the games.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

exactly!

GO OAKS

Whats the weather looking like?

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:exactly!

GO OAKS

Whats the weather looking like?

high of 60 low of 35 partly cloudy

perfect for slone to throw some lazers to ondera and maynard

lugnut61
Waterboy

Post by lugnut61 »

does anyone have a roster or no the starting line up for ridgewood

BigDogg88
Waterboy

Post by BigDogg88 »

hammer89 wrote:
Some of you people are really funny. I highly doubt Ridgewood will give up six TD's. Oak Hill beat Minford by 6, Ridgewood beat them by 26. I think this game will be close, but just like the Minford game, if this one gets out of hand it will be in favor of Ridgewood

:lol: About you idiots saying how Oak Hill beat Minford by 6, THE ONLY REASON why they won that game is because CODY JUSTICE (minfords best DE) was injured that game. :122249

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Yea the O looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)
D looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)

If the oaks d can stop him and the oaks O can run from him then they can win. Last week that kids name was seriously called EVERY play.

Wood-35
Oaks-21

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

mikenmike wrote:Yea the O looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)
D looks like this
#5 conrad (x11)

If the oaks d can stop him and the oaks O can run from him then they can win. Last week that kids name was seriously called EVERY play.

Wood-35
Oaks-21

Jake is a big part of the Woods offense and defense no doubt, but if you think he is their only weapon, then you are mistaken. They have three other solid backs that are capable of taking it to the house each time they touch the ball, a good QB that can sneak up on you, and a 6ft. 5in TE.

Return to “Football”