Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Can hey

Total votes: 0

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Post by crazymidgets »

West has a nice team and should win the soc 2 this yr BUT anything can happen thats why they play the game........

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Everyone will see that West is The Real Deal Come Friday night against a Very Good Minford Team!!!!IMO

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sider_zone wrote:Everyone will see that West is The Real Deal Come Friday night against a Very Good Minford Team!!!!IMO

Huh? Now they are a "Very good Minford team"? Same one that "wouldnt score on the West JV"?

Make up your mind already. Is West ready for the NFL yet? :roll:

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Bleeding Red wrote:
sider_zone wrote:Everyone will see that West is The Real Deal Come Friday night against a Very Good Minford Team!!!!IMO

Huh? Now they are a "Very good Minford team"? Same one that "wouldnt score on the West JV"?

Make up your mind already. Is West ready for the NFL yet? :roll:[/quote

Almost!!!!!!!!! Didn't you say last week that the Minford/Burg score would be 28 to 7 Min.and a couple wks ago that West had played "Absolutely no One".
Maybe the Minford Fans will present the Football Guru Award to You Friday Night after the Game.
I don't appreciate you calling me stupid though. Better Read the Rules Again!!!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sider_zone wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Make up your mind already. Is West ready for the NFL yet? :roll:[/quote

Almost!!!!!!!!! Didn't you say last week that the Minford/Burg score would be 28 to 7 Min.and a couple wks ago that West had played "Absolutely no One".
Maybe the Minford Fans will present the Football Guru Award to You Friday Night after the Game.
I don't appreciate you calling me stupid though. Better Read the Rules Again!!!!!!!

I didnt call you stupid. I said it was a stupid comment. Better Read the Post Again!!!!!!

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

West is small and weak and this will start to show in there future games

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

^but Abe they're 6-0. Them scranny westside midgets can play, Mr. Lincoln.

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

Were going to find out thats for sure. West's schedule is bad until you get to these games. Minford will be a good game, valley will be a good game but sorry sider fans theres just no way youre beating burg this year. all of these will be good games though. i just dont see west beating burg.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

HONESTABE wrote:West is small and weak and this will start to show in there future games
This is got to be a joke.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

sadie74 wrote:Were going to find out thats for sure. West's schedule is bad until you get to these games. Minford will be a good game, valley will be a good game but sorry sider fans theres just no way youre beating burg this year. all of these will be good games though. i just dont see west beating burg.
Not only will burg lose to West they will also lose to valley

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Valley better strap it on and bring it on cause Burg is coming! After your blowout of Waverly, the kids will be accustomed so much to that pud sked, they cant keep up with the Burg! WHAT, You play the spread? Wellll, may be another story!!

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

jumpstart wrote:
sadie74 wrote:Were going to find out thats for sure. West's schedule is bad until you get to these games. Minford will be a good game, valley will be a good game but sorry sider fans theres just no way youre beating burg this year. all of these will be good games though. i just dont see west beating burg.
Not only will burg lose to West they will also lose to valley
bold statements.
Nothing like county rivials.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

If Wheelersburg stays the 1 man show that they are now without being able to throw the ball downfield effectively, West will dominate them. A one dimensional attack against these linebackers is not a recipe for success. They will shut Shankwieler down.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Bleeding Red wrote:I think Minford has the shot to beat West and I will tell you why-

Last year their defense contained Pendleton to 50 some odd yards. Our D line was firing through West's O line and hitting him in the backfield. Our LB's were hitting him at the line of scrimmage as well. It was a tough night for him due to the team defense of Minford and gang tackling.

Now to this year: I think Oak Hill had a big, physical line that wasnt slow by any means. And they were experienced. Although I dont think that Hale from Oak Hill is as good as Pendleton, I will say that I know Pendleton can be shut down to a point if their line gets beat up front just like last year. I know that West's line is improved from last year, but I have been really excited about Minford's defense too.

I think West is not as one dimensional this year as they were last year, but if Minford's D plays like it can, I dont think it matters.

I looked at Oak Hill's line and thought "my gosh those guys are big and strong, and quick!". Then I watched Minford line fire through them all night.

It wont be an easy win for the Siders if they pull it off. We will be able to tell more once Minford plays Burg.

It will definitely be a good ball game.
You don't make any sense. First you are talking about stopping Pendleton last year and are going to do the same this year. Then you say he is a better back than Hale but you said that you know he can be shut down. My question is, if you think Pendleton is a better back and you can shut him down why couldnt you stop Hale from rushing for over 100 yds. Do you just make this up as you go? Maybe you should read some box scores and get the facts about how well your defense stops the run. And after the way Burg lit up the score board I surprised they didnt have more than one back over a 100 against you. I hope they do focus all there attention on stopping pendleton, because Bricker, Locher, and Auger will run all day long.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Incognito wrote:
siderman wrote:When West is focused like they were against Portsmouth, their is only one southern Ohio team that can beat them and that is Ironton, and I'm really not sure they can.

In my opinion, Minford is going to see next week how good they are. Minford will compete. But unless West beats themselves with turnovers, Minford won't win.

After the way West gave the game away at Valley last year, I just have a feeling that this game may look alot like 2 years ago where Valley got blitzed.
Didnt you have the same song a dance last year before you played the falcons??? Whats gonna hurt the senators is they havnt played into the 4th quarter. What happens when you get in a dog fight in the 4th....lineman bent over just like last year. I do agree west is much improved though but still look at your compeition ;-)
We can't let our starter play a whole game or haven't noticed that everyone on here is cryin about how unsportsman like the BIG BAD SIDERS are for scoring points. I guess we could keep them in and drive the field and take a knee four times on the one. Everyone needs to make up their minds should we leave the starters in and let them play all the games scoring who knows how much. Or should we let them only play two quarters so no one gets their feelings hurt!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

People just love to trash West. If something happens off the field, the world knows. If we score alot of points, were bad boys.

Other programs don't have that problem. Case in point, Portsmouth said that Wheelersburg middle school trashed the visitors locker room after they beat Portsmouth last Week. Did this get out or was it hush hush. If West did that CNN would be here. It's the difference.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

siderman wrote:If Wheelersburg stays the 1 man show that they are now without being able to throw the ball downfield effectively, West will dominate them. A one dimensional attack against these linebackers is not a recipe for success. They will shut Shankwieler down.
That's the exact same thing we heard all last week. Yes he gets more yards than the other backs, but Burg is not going to hand him the ball every snap. We will see in week 10!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I will say NO west average after what i saw tonight. Burg and maybe Valley will handle them. Not impressed at all!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noles_fan wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I think Minford has the shot to beat West and I will tell you why-

Last year their defense contained Pendleton to 50 some odd yards. Our D line was firing through West's O line and hitting him in the backfield. Our LB's were hitting him at the line of scrimmage as well. It was a tough night for him due to the team defense of Minford and gang tackling.

Now to this year: I think Oak Hill had a big, physical line that wasnt slow by any means. And they were experienced. Although I dont think that Hale from Oak Hill is as good as Pendleton, I will say that I know Pendleton can be shut down to a point if their line gets beat up front just like last year. I know that West's line is improved from last year, but I have been really excited about Minford's defense too.

I think West is not as one dimensional this year as they were last year, but if Minford's D plays like it can, I dont think it matters.

I looked at Oak Hill's line and thought "my gosh those guys are big and strong, and quick!". Then I watched Minford line fire through them all night.

It wont be an easy win for the Siders if they pull it off. We will be able to tell more once Minford plays Burg.

It will definitely be a good ball game.
You don't make any sense. First you are talking about stopping Pendleton last year and are going to do the same this year. Then you say he is a better back than Hale but you said that you know he can be shut down. My question is, if you think Pendleton is a better back and you can shut him down why couldnt you stop Hale from rushing for over 100 yds. Do you just make this up as you go? Maybe you should read some box scores and get the facts about how well your defense stops the run. And after the way Burg lit up the score board I surprised they didnt have more than one back over a 100 against you. I hope they do focus all there attention on stopping pendleton, because Bricker, Locher, and Auger will run all day long.

Looked like they shut Pendelton down from where I was standing. #45 did a nice job, not super impressed about anything else West did. A few completely broken pass coverages kept West in it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

demaniac1 wrote:Valley better strap it on and bring it on cause Burg is coming! After your blowout of Waverly, the kids will be accustomed so much to that pud sked, they cant keep up with the Burg! WHAT, You play the spread? Wellll, may be another story!!

What? How did Valley get pulled into this? It's funny, because when Valley was in the SOC1, they played a trash schedule, easy wins, blah blah blah....so now we're in the SOC2 we have a good team, basically won the OVC in our first 5 games, with an UTTER domination of 6-1 Coal Grove...Peake has been traditionally good...all Valley can do is put all this talk to rest the next 3 weeks.

Personally I feel like this is the best team since 05 when Valley went 11-2 and lost the Regional Final to Centerburg 26-21. Valley may be a little more athletic and have a little more speed than the 05 team...guess we'll see in a week.

Return to “Football”