SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Slone was 16-18 for 190 yds against the Burg..I think he did a little something that game. HALE was the man for the Oaks that game though. Oaks beat Burg and Burg Beat Minford and Minford beat the Oaks. Maybe we will see a rematch with Slone and Maynard vs Minford.. maybe we wont. Oaks will root for Burg the rest of the year. Minford will root for the Oaks and Burg will root for Minford. Hopefully all of them make the playoffs again!! Anyways this Minford and West game should be a good game...hopefully its injury free...goodluck to both teams..

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

let me get this right, if west blows out minford, from all the post I have read this means west is just playing another cupcake, right? Or, is it that minford had another bad night and didnt deserve to lose? Anyway, I see WEST winning in BIG fashion again. Just sit there and watch or listen if you cant stand to see minford get blown out again!!!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I think this should be a good game but we will have to see come friday I think the falcons will be ready and I know my siders will be I think this will be a very physical game I know it will be from the siders they are very physical they are the hardest hitting team I have seen for awhile that is one of the things that has impressed me the most this season I hope it will be a good injury free game.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

I think the minford boys could use this speech for a little motivation.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

I keep reading about West not playing anyone, I aegree. Keep in mind Minford hasnt played a very tough schedule either. A very down Burg team and Oak Hill minus 2 of their best players.

I think MR D1 shows he is by far the best around and West wins by 2-3 TDS

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

M46 wrote:Hey im sure they are. Piketon had a bad night against Minford and were dragged in the dirt by Minford on this sight. Piketon is a good team and stayed on defence against Minford. Threw several interceptions and fumbled the ball several times for turn overs. Just a bad night just like Minford had at burg. So I get on here and said who's eating crow now? And I get griped out . You can dish it out but cant take it. Besides, westfall will beat Piketon and get the svc. I Just like the effort of Piketon. Most of the team are sophomore's and junior's. So watch out next year. I do believe Minford to be a good team but no match for west. Mustang46
Let me put it this way:

49-6.......49-6........49-6...............49-6...............49-6

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

WestFan27 wrote:I keep reading about West not playing anyone, I aegree. Keep in mind Minford hasnt played a very tough schedule either. A very down Burg team and Oak Hill minus 2 of their best players.

I'm a Minford fan. I have strong hatred feelings towards the burg but I have respect for their progam and even I am done hearing people say the burg is "down" this year. They lost to two really good football teams. A powerful Ironton team and a healthy oak hill team. Yeah we havent played a solid non conference schedule but to be honest besides burg we've played alot better teams then any other school around here. Valley has played no one, West played nobody as well. That doesnt make them bad football teams though they're just playing the teams that they're told to but to get on here an dog Minford or Burg is just dumb. I think what happened friday is a wake up call for minford and all these blow out scores people are predicting will be in the bottom of there stomaches at the end of friday night. :)

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

WestFan27 wrote:I keep reading about West not playing anyone, I aegree. Keep in mind Minford hasnt played a very tough schedule either. A very down Burg team and Oak Hill minus 2 of their best players.

I did a little research and this is what I found:

Minford has played four D4 teams and two D5 teams. Their combined records are 20-16. Two of these teams only loss was to Minford. Four of these teams are .500 or better.

By comparison, West has played four D4's, a D5, and a D3. Their combined records are 6-30. Two of these teams are winless, two more have only one win. None of them are above .500.

Look at the numbers. The Falcons have by far played much better teams to this point.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

To all the minford fans who keep talking about west not playing anyone lets remember west also played Piketon and Gallipolis in preseason and neither team could keep up with us. I have friends from Piketon who told me West is the hardest hitting team they have played all year. So it may not have been season games but Football is Football and Hitting is Hitting it always have been.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

IRONFALCON wrote:

I did a little research and this is what I found:

Minford has played four D4 teams and two D5 teams. Their combined records are 20-16. Two of these teams only loss was to Minford. Four of these teams are .500 or better.

By comparison, West has played four D4's, a D5, and a D3. Their combined records are 6-30. Two of these teams are winless, two more have only one win. None of them are above .500.

Look at the numbers. The Falcons have by far played much better teams to this point.
You can do the all the research you want, but the fact is neither team has played a good schedule. Come friday night, West will be the best team Minford has played and Minford will be the best team West has played. All I know is Minford better buckle their chinstraps cause this is one of the hardest hitting teams West has had.

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Downtown wrote:I love listening to Minford fans. Almost makes me glad it's only a town of around a thousand or so.
Downtown, don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. We are not all bad.

I respect all of our area teams. I don't like making excuses or bashing officials and neither do a lot of Minford fans. When we lose, we lose as a team and a community, and when we win, we win as a team and a community. The Burg game we lost big and it hurt, but we'll move on and get ready for the next game.

I think if you got to know some people from Minford, our coaches, and our team you would have a completely different opinion.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Back to the topic at hand, maybe that was the problem with Minford on Fri night, they were too busy looking in the rear view mirror at the Oaks and patting themselves on the back, by the time they turned around Wheelersburg was up 24-0 :122246 :122246 . Now with that said, I think a true football fan will realize that da Burg moving Shank to linebacker, hurt us, he flew to where the guards where going and forced everything to cut back inside, right into the teeth of the defense. Now hopefully Brent and Co. will notice this and figure something out, but mark my words if Minford comes out as flat as they did last week they will be embarrassed off their own field. As a realist and a loyal Falcon fan, I believe that we will have to play more disciplined and more aggressive than West and beat them with field position, or we will face the same heart break as last week.

Pulling for my Falcons to regain their integrity!!!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

can west stops the sweep and trap? if so how will minford respond? can miford stop off tackle and the misdirection? if so how will west respond?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here is what I think:

West will come to play. They have heard enough about easy scheduling and padding stats. They remember all to well the THUMPING Minford put on them at their place last year. They will have a chip on their shoulder. They want to show southern Ohio that they are the best team in the area, not Ironton, they are.

The question is not "how will Minford respond?". The question is "WILL Minford respond?"

If Minford plays to capability, it will be a dogfight. I would be suprised to see both teams scoring 21-28 points. If not, it will be a one sided affair, with the visiting team winning another game in this Daniels vs Triplett series.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Bleeding Red wrote:Here is what I think:

West will come to play. They have heard enough about easy scheduling and padding stats. They remember all to well the THUMPING Minford put on them at their place last year. They will have a chip on their shoulder. They want to show southern Ohio that they are the best team in the area, not Ironton, they are.

The question is not "how will Minford respond?". The question is "WILL Minford respond?"

If Minford plays to capability, it will be a dogfight. I would be suprised to see both teams scoring 21-28 points. If not, it will be a one sided affair, with the visiting team winning another game in this Daniels vs Triplett series.

I know one West player that has had this game marked on his calendar for a year. He has even got on here and printed all the stuff that the Minford fans have said about him and posted it everywhere he goes. Talk about some good bulletin board material. He will play with a chip on his shoulder come friday night. Everyone will see a different BEAST friday night.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

holding west to under 14 at the half will give minford a chance to win the game. this would mean they have rebounded from last week and have their mind right.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:

I know one West player that has had this game marked on his calendar for a year. He has even got on here and printed all the stuff that the Minford fans have said about him and posted it everywhere he goes. Talk about some good bulletin board material. He will play with a chip on his shoulder come friday night. Everyone will see a different BEAST friday night.
Good. Maybe he gets more than 52 yards this time. 53 would be good :122249

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Bleeding Red wrote:
THE G.O.A.T. wrote:

Good. Maybe he gets more than 52 yards this time. 53 would be good :122249

Just keep them coming... Actions will speak louder than words.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Is West really that Good??????????

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

West starts the gutt of their schedule with minford! West will prevail, BUT WILL realize what they've got! A solid team! A win here , but future struggles w/ burg & !!! Two losses with schedule, keeps them barely in playoff contention!!!
I would disagree with west being best team in area! With ironton injured, wheelersburg steps into that role! Burg is fast, & will see post season glory!

Return to “Football”