OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: OVC Championship: Coal Grove @ Chesapeake

Post by fuzzhead »

First off, congrats to Peake on the big win. The offense and defense was big when it needed to be. Lots of Grovers are going to complain about the intentional grounding that wasn't called on Peake's winning drive. Big deal. CG should have won the game by two or three scores talent-wise. Go whine somewhere else. Fact is, CGs line was handled on offense and defense. They looked big, slow and out of shape. Hands on hips and being doubled over were their favorite positions tonight. Pathetic.
2ndly, the power running game wasn't even attempted. Yep Peake fans, you guessed it, #2 is not CGs power back. This same tactic was attempted at Valley and failed miserably, just like it did tonight. Still scratching my head over this...
Over all, just a real lackluster, lackadaisical way to lose a football game. Looked like maybe the Grove ate too much trick or treat candy or something? Whatever it was, it was ugly.

dirtmcgurt
Waterboy

Post by dirtmcgurt »

Peake wins ovc !!!!!! Way to set an example coal grove coaches don't shake hands with coaches or players what a bunch of sore losers!!!! U bunch of babies

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Congratulations to the Panthers from SV. Thanks for the points throughout the season.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

How about the bad calls during the game, peake fans know they had that game handed to them by the officials, the intentional grounding that wasn't, everyone knows what happened there tonight wasn't right and the fact that the refs contradicted themselves tonight, in the first or second quarter peake had a receiver go up for a ball and both the receiver and a grove defender came down with it, they gave the ball to peake, when we have the same thing happen they gave the ball to the defense, the problem with the clock and the fact that at one time peake had one timeout left in the fourth then all of a sudden they had two timeouts left. Tell me that something wasn't going on there tonight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WOW, I'M SHOCKED. WELL CONGRATS PANTHERS.

groveman
Waterboy

Post by groveman »

dirtmcgurt wrote:Peake wins ovc !!!!!! Way to set an example coal grove coaches don't shake hands with coaches or players what a bunch of sore losers!!!! U bunch of babies
First off, this is not needed, you won the title that's enough. Second, I'm about 99 percent sure a Chesapeake coach tried to tell a cg player off, the player I would say made a remark about the refs. Yes this is wrong. But, your a grown man, show some maturity, you need to be setting the example not escalating this one remark in to a huge mess. There needs to be no talk on " setting examples " as maturity was not shown by Chesapeake either.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

ok not sure but lets go back and look at this game if Coal Grove is soooo goooooood like they were suppose to be then why wasnt this a blow out??? it wasnt because of officating... They just couldnt get it done...
Talk about examples on sportsmanship... ummm well Coal Grove is just not known for it on the field on the court or in the stands.... Congrats to the Peake on winning the OVC...

dirtmcgurt
Waterboy

Post by dirtmcgurt »

Omg coal grove I would just blame it on something other than you just ain't that good !!!! Go peake

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Excuses excuses...that's all I'm going to say about that. I'll let you all argue that stuff.

But congrats on the big W boys! Enjoy it and don't let these people try to ruin it for you all. You all played your guts out and won it outright. Now let's take that winning to the basketball court!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

2trap_4ever wrote:How about the bad calls during the game, peake fans know they had that game handed to them by the officials, the intentional grounding that wasn't, everyone knows what happened there tonight wasn't right and the fact that the refs contradicted themselves tonight, in the first or second quarter peake had a receiver go up for a ball and both the receiver and a grove defender came down with it, they gave the ball to peake, when we have the same thing happen they gave the ball to the defense, the problem with the clock and the fact that at one time peake had one timeout left in the fourth then all of a sudden they had two timeouts left. Tell me that something wasn't going on there tonight.
Was wondering how long it would take for someone to complain about the officiating. The losing team ALWAYS does. Watch the video. The intentional grounding that wasnt...#5 who is the tailback was three yards away from where the ball hit the ground. The receiver that went up for the ball....they caught it pretty much at the same time but the receiver took it away in mid air and by the time he hit the ground he had sole possession and was 3 yards away with the ball in his hands by the time he stopped rolling. As far as the clock, it showed the Peake had three timeouts left in the fourth when they had already used two. I'm sure the refs and coaches knew this and they didnt even have to use the last one. So quit freakin whining. The running game for CG was non-existent and like I said in my first comment the passing game was the only thing Peake was weak against. As far as talent goes that everybody keeps talking about...i dont see it. The offense and defensive line goes to Chesapeake. The runningbacks go to Chesapeake, if you dont believe that, watch the video and see #21 run all over them. QB, when it mattered I give the nod to Peake as well. Best offensive 2 minute drill I have seen them execute this year. So tell me where the talent is so much better???? I'm not talking bad about any kids or coaches. And as far as penalties...i can guarantee you that Chesapeake was penalized more time for more yards than Coal Grove. Watch the video!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No complaining about the refs here. Bad calls? Sure, happen every game. CG refused to play smash mouth football and lost. Couldn't believe what I saw. CG tried to revert to Fairland voodoo and got
burned.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sftblfrk wrote:ok not sure but lets go back and look at this game if Coal Grove is soooo goooooood like they were suppose to be then why wasnt this a blow out??? it wasnt because of officating... They just couldnt get it done...
Talk about examples on sportsmanship... ummm well Coal Grove is just not known for it on the field on the court or in the stands.... Congrats to the Peake on winning the OVC...

Coal Grove got exposed earlier this year against Valley. So I dont think anyone really thought of them as a contender outside of the OVC.

Now Fuzzhead, dont jump on me, but it is a shame watching the talent go down the drain at the Grove due to coaching not having players in shape, no respect, poor playcalling. Just speaking the truth. Dont forget, I have ties to the Grove too. Would love to see them do well, but lets face it. The old man has gotten soft and doesnt get respect from the boys. JR doesnt know what is going on.

The problem isnt a lack of talent, thats for sure.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Fuzz, even Peake fans were complaining about the refs...they werent that good. Glad we both agree that wasnt the deciding factor of the game. I wish Coal Grove all the luck in the world in the playoffs. On the upside, Your QB has a good arm. Peake hasnt had a good pass defense this year and they took advantage of that early...i couldnt quite tell what adjustments they made late in the game but it seemed to have confused the CG passing game. It was a great game and if it were college would probably make espn classics!

rh40
Riding the Bench

Post by rh40 »

Congrats Peake on the OVC!!!

Did this knock CG out of the playoffs????? Hope it didn't. The Season is over so I am going to cheer for the teams that made the playoffs in Lawrence County. So If CG made it good luck next week!!!!!!!!!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

1st- Congrats to Chesapeake, way to not listen to all the people that think they know more then the coaches.
2nd- Way to have eachothers back. You were 0-5 and then turned it around. That is a mark of a well coached team with a bunch of coachable kids.

3rd-Parents. Learn from this. How many times did I read that Davis was too conservative, had lost it, was running the same plays over and over, the defense can't stop anyone, etc. These coaches are the same ones who won a lot of games and championships before your sons graced the field. These coaches may have coached up these kids better then any group they have had---maybe ever.

4th-Community you better get behind Phil Davis and name the stadium or field after him. This program is what it is because of that man. This program won 3 OVC titles in its entire existence until Phil took it over. The reason all of you can come to the game and complain is because HE HAS SET THE STANDARD. Norm got the court named after him, well Phil needs something equal to what Norm recieved.

5th-Boys, keep working, don't let 5-5 define you. Make this program a power again. This is the win you needed to reestablish Chesapeake as a program that can play with anyone. Work your tails off and trust your coaches.

Go Peake!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Bleeding Red, you know I have all the respect in the world for your opinion and yes I know you have ties to the Grove. This was a TEAM loss. Responsibility for this debacle goes all the way down the line from the coaching staff to the players. I think everyone on the team would admit that.
OVC fan, I'm an objective Hornet fan. You're going to get real facts and my real opinion when you read me on here, not some sort of self-pitying banter. I don't feel sorry for CG. They deserved that loss. They didn't play to their potential and were upset by a game Peake team. I got my money's worth. I will still get to watch a Hornet playoff game next week.
Don't take me for some buffoon with black and red colored glasses. No such person lives at this address.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

It appears that CG may have lost this battle...but...they still made the playoffs.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2010region_19.html

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Ok let me put in my 2 cents worth LOL!!First of all congrats to Peake on the big win!!It was a heck of a game and I was a nervous wreck as my nephew plays for the Grove LOL!!Anyhow,I didnt see anybody within 10 yards of where that ball landed on the reversed Intentional grounding call,besides another Grove defender!!There wasnt even a Peake Lineman close as the sack would have made it go from 2nd and 1 to 3rd and 12,cause that penalty was a loss of down?!How can the head referee throw the flag and then reverse it after talking to other refs and the Peake coaches??Very bad call here and that just took the wind out of the Groves sails!!

Now the Peake were moving our D Line almost 2 yards every play and we kept running the darn ball ,even though the Panthers were loading the box!!We went to the spread and drove it straight down the field before the half!!Then after that for some reason the coaches decide not to use the spread much except in passing situtions and that was not smart IMO!!They could have kept passing and that opened up Bubba to run up the middle if they wanted!!I think we got outcoahed but still the refs killed us with that flag pickup!!HORRIBLE call but a GREAT game and I hope the Grove makes the playoffs and I talked to a coach and he said he thought wed still be 6 or 7!!If 6 we may play Wheelersburg LOL!!Thatd be fun!

I also wanna say that I seen both teams shaking hands and the cheerleaders too!!One coah was smart with a HS student and that wasnt very mature to do that to the young Grover!!

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

If that was indeed Coach Davis' last hurray, then I would love to see the field named after him. He has won more than any other coach in Chesapeake history. The man did it despite the lack of average facilitates, and despite the fact that football is the schools second sport.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

And its a shame Lucasville didnt get in. I think both Coal Grove and Chesapeake knows how good that team is. They lost by 1 tonight without their QB who is the catalyst to that team. Good luck Grove in the playoffs.

Return to “Football”