Ironton Football 2011

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton Football 2011

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

AHM wrote:How long does Ironton have with Hartley? I hope this series can continue it is shaping up as a great one for both teams.
I agree, I hope We keep this series going also. Having a State Champion on your schedule can only make you better, and We had a heck of a game last year in the Regional Final.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
AHM wrote:How long does Ironton have with Hartley? I hope this series can continue it is shaping up as a great one for both teams.
I agree, I hope We keep this series going also. Having a State Champion on your schedule can only make you better, and We had a heck of a game last year in the Regional Final.

I have heard Ironton does not want to renew the series?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Seems that all of the SEOAL teams are dropping Ironton from their schedules. It will be a challenge for Ironton to fill their schedule each year without travelling 2-3 hours from home.
Well, I guess we can always count on Portsmouth from the SEOAL to keep playing us whether any of the other Teams want to or not.
I guess this is what happends when you guys cut and run from the SEOAL!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

personally i wished we were still in the seoal, and not have left. we hadda much tougher schedule last year though than the seoal. but it's some places you don't know if they'll renew or not. we still have a week 9 open. my opinion is we'll still end up traveling as far , if not farther for quality games. and they'll continue to schedule a big time schedule, to prepare for the playoffs, in my opinion, nobody ironton's size, schedules better quality opponents. at least south of columbus.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:personally i wished we were still in the seoal, and not have left. we hadda much tougher schedule last year though than the seoal. but it's some places you don't know if they'll renew or not. we still have a week 9 open. my opinion is we'll still end up traveling as far , if not farther for quality games. and they'll continue to schedule a big time schedule, to prepare for the playoffs, in my opinion, nobody ironton's size, schedules better quality opponents. at least south of columbus.
Hey Bait, correct me if I am wrong, but I read some where your tigers have filled week 9? Buy the way we know how hard it it is to fill a hole in the schedule! Zanesville drop us and we were able to match dates with Nelsonville-York. good quailty program, smaller than we like but an outstanding gate. Yes, they will kick our butts this year!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

schein, i didn't say that. is logan down again this year. i hadn't heard anything about week 9 being filled yet, but i hope so, anything is better than an open week. i sure wished we were in a league still. i'll let you know if i hear anything. any tiger fans out there know.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:schein, i didn't say that. is logan down again this year. i hadn't heard anything about week 9 being filled yet, but i hope so, anything is better than an open week. i sure wished we were in a league still. i'll let you know if i hear anything. any tiger fans out there know.
Week 9 has been filled, same schedule as last year with Milford Fairbanks coming back to the Tank.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thats cool. thanks ohbuckeye1. well there you have it.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:schein, i didn't say that. is logan down again this year. i hadn't heard anything about week 9 being filled yet, but i hope so, anything is better than an open week. i sure wished we were in a league still. i'll let you know if i hear anything. any tiger fans out there know.
Lost this coming years QB, recruited to Lancaster, last years coaching change did not go well, very down years for talent although this years soph class looks better. To bad ironton left the SEOAL because you guys would give us an old fashion butt whipping! Stay well buddy! The Bad Moon is arising!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i miss the seoal too schein, but we done plenty of logan butt whoopin through the years, even though you all had our number the last several times we played. wish ya'll the best.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

Better stay Independent, you can handle the IRONMEN! Thats why you dropped us . ;-)

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

Hope this can be worked out. This is a great short drive rivalry. These two teams should play in every sport. I still have hope that someday these two schools can compete in a conference again. I am hopeful that until then, Jackson can soon again find room on tbe early part of their schedule for the Fighting Tigers. Somewhere between week 2-6 would be good. Week 1 will always be Wellston for Jackson and Burg for Ironton.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I just finished watching highlites from the Tigers 2005 season. I know it's been awhile since I've seen Irontons weight room, I was really impressed with the weight equipment I seen in the video.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like week 9 is open again for this coming season, it was posted on OHSAA's open dates on 4/28.

We are also looking to fill weeks 6,7,9,10 for 2012 according to OHSAA's web site

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/opendts.htm#211

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I would suggest they get in a league ASAP.

Ironton overall the next ten years would be best off getting into the OVC or SOC one of the two. Other than football they fit both leagues real well and after this year in football they will fill an average team.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Heard we picked up Simon Kenton for week 9 this season.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

philthyphil wrote:Heard we picked up Simon Kenton for week 9 this season.
Simon Kenton, KY?

If so they were 10-3 and played in the Regional Finals last year.

Team Records

Best Season
2009 11-2
2010 10-3
2008 10-5

State Playoff Berths

1993 2nd round
2001 1st round
2005 1st round
2007 1st round
2008 State Finalist
2009 Regional Finalist
2010 Regional Finalist

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
philthyphil wrote:Heard we picked up Simon Kenton for week 9 this season.
Simon Kenton, KY?

If so they were 10-3 and played in the Regional Finals last year.

Team Records

Best Season
2009 11-2
2010 10-3
2008 10-5

State Playoff Berths

1993 2nd round
2001 1st round
2005 1st round
2007 1st round
2008 State Finalist
2009 Regional Finalist
2010 Regional Finalist
Yes, and supposedly it's a done deal.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Simon Kenton is a 6A team in Kentucky which should make them D1 in Ohio (792 Boys).

Return to “Football”