Week 6 (1-4)Waverly@ (5-0)Valley

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 6 (1-4)Waverly@ (5-0)Valley

Post by nutronron2012 »

smack wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
playtowin wrote:Apparently someone doesn't know anything about Athens or Western Brown combined record of 9-1 and averaging 47.7 points per contest, that sounds pretty good to me. Subtract the points against Waverly and they are still averaging 35.5 Valley may compete with Jackson but they aren't going to touch either of those teams.
Yea, we dont play those teams. We're the smallest school in the SOC II, 6-7 boys away from D6, makes no sense playing Div 2-3 schools. Waverly being the second biggest....makes sense.
what dosen't make sense is waverly being the second biggest and still not being able to win ball games .all of there players are in the stands.i hope somebody will wake up and do something.
As bad as it sounds and meaning no disrespect by it, Waverly is almost in the same category as Northwest. The 2 biggest school in the SOC and neither one help any of the other 4 teams in SOC II with second level points. Waverlys single win is all there will be.
And too much has already been said about Valley schedule, but at the end of the season after 10 games have been play Waverly will be in the bottom of our schedule as far as helping with second level points. The only 2 weaker teams on our schedule is South Point and Northwest followed by Waverly.
Heres the results since 2008. Not very competitive and someone on here says Waverly by 20+ :lol:
Valley VS Waverly 4-0-0
9/30/2011 54-14 (W)[-]
10/8/2010 54-0 (W)
10/9/2009 23-6 (W)
10/10/2008 42-14 (W)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

blue53 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:frankly i think valley makes a big statement to doubters here.

I don't think Valley could do anything to change the doubters on here. Not saying Valley isn't that good. I'm saying the doubters are just set in their opinion and will never change no matter what. So Valley just needs to go out and take the respect they deserve

blue the difference now, after some playoff success, and beating some of the teams they have.valley expects to punch you in the mouth now. they are the aggressor now. and people that think because they are d5, that bigger teams should win. well they are in for some suprises. frankly i would love to see burg/valley game. valley gets by that one, and doesn't overlook anyone they roll into the playoffs 10-0, in my opinion. but that will be a war.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

all that crazy midgets was trying to say is how can nutronron say bad things about piketons opponents when their opponents have a combined record of 14-11. but valley has a comibined opponents record of 3-21. youre right though, these valley indians are real world beaters. valley does have a good squad in all seriousness, and will name the score against waverly, but dont talk bad about other squads just cause you have beat a couple bottom feeders, you better worry less about piketons opponents and more on your own (minford and burg).

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

s'go tigers!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

duck butter wrote:all that crazy midgets was trying to say is how can nutronron say bad things about piketons opponents when their opponents have a combined record of 14-11. but valley has a comibined opponents record of 3-21. youre right though, these valley indians are real world beaters. valley does have a good squad in all seriousness, and will name the score against waverly, but dont talk bad about other squads just cause you have beat a couple bottom feeders, you better worry less about piketons opponents and more on your own (minford and burg).
It makes no difference what your oppenents records are if you dont win the game. You can play 10 teams with 10-0 records and say your opponents record is 100-0, but it is nul if you cant beat them. So the opponents you were able to beat was 5-10 and will more than likely be worse after this week. Ours wont improve much either after taking down Waverly. The only team Piketon has beat with a winning record is Huntington and they are currently 18th in R20 with 3.3 in computer points. Not putting any team down because of opponents record. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule and BEAT them.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

playtowin wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:I dont think either of those team are outstanding. i say weak given the size of school similar to jackson. IMO we all know what happened at Burg last week

Coop I was just answering this comment.
I understand, wasnt trying to talk trash...it's just getting old.

Pigskinplayer
Waterboy

Post by Pigskinplayer »

If Waverly is not at least competitive in this game, I believe your going to see some really begin to discuss the need for changes to be made.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think the Waverly bashing is getting out of hand, however. Yes, they are bigger...and they're not doing well right now...but the kids they have are out there playing 100% just as the kids at NW, SP, RH...etc. Bashing them isnt going to prove anything. Like it or not, they're on the schedule...take care of your business and everything else will take care of itself.

Waverly is going to be more competitive than a typical 1-4 team. They played right with Piketon, and of course the 2 losses to VERY good teams. I think the Jackson loss is the only "bad loss" they had, if you can call it that. I look for Valley starters to get a full 3 quarters in this one.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I think we passed the point of needing to make changes many moons ago. The problem with Waverly is the people at the top (the administration) could give a hoot less about sports, especially football. Now, if there was a problem with the band or drama club, we'd be on that in a whip-stitch! I think the current administration's goal is to replicate the show Fame in the confines of Waverly High School. That's O.K....that's what open enrollment is for. Maybe when they start seeing their funding going to neighboring schools with the kids that transfer, they will finally wake up! It's a shame that we've witnessed 20 years of hard work by Ed Bolin to make Waverly relevant go right down the tubes!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

bookem13 wrote:I think we passed the point of needing to make changes many moons ago. The problem with Waverly is the people at the top (the administration) could give a hoot less about sports, especially football. Now, if there was a problem with the band or drama club, we'd be on that in a whip-stitch! I think the current administration's goal is to replicate the show Fame in the confines of Waverly High School. That's O.K....that's what open enrollment is for. Maybe when they start seeing their funding going to neighboring schools with the kids that transfer, they will finally wake up! It's a shame that we've witnessed 20 years of hard work by Ed Bolin to make Waverly relevant go right down the tubes!
That is a shame. Most of my memories of Waverly are of a powerful football team. It seemed like they were one of the big 3 in the conference (Burg, West and Waverly). Those were my memories of Waverly. Just been waiting on them to come back. Its like they have been asleep for awhile. I would love to see them become relavent again. It would only help our conference. On a side note. Waverlys band is very good and always fun to watch. Over the last few years, that has been the best part of the game.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

playtowin wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:I dont think either of those team are outstanding. i say weak given the size of school similar to jackson. IMO we all know what happened at Burg last week

the only reason i made this comment was to say this, those two teams would not be competitive in the soc2 most years. Athens is in a weaker conference and struggles with the d4 d5 teams in it. i dont know much about western brown and thats the point you usually hear about good programs ie Burg, ironton, nelsonville york, st clairsville, liberty benton, VALLEY, minford you know teams that generally make and win in the playoffs ...Big doesnt always beat little but Good generally beats bad IMO. not pickin a fight just sayin.

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

SPAMONY wrote:
playtowin wrote:

the only reason i made this comment was to say this, those two teams would not be competitive in the soc2 most years. Athens is in a weaker conference and struggles with the d4 d5 teams in it. i dont know much about western brown and thats the point you usually hear about good programs ie Burg, ironton, nelsonville york, st clairsville, liberty benton, VALLEY, minford you know teams that generally make and win in the playoffs ...Big doesnt always beat little but Good generally beats bad IMO. not pickin a fight just sayin.
are you kidding me if western brown was in the soc2 they would probably win it all or be in the top 3 year in year out and athens would compete with any soc team and yes even compete with burg

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I sure would hope so. Being in Div2.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont know about Western Brown, but being D2 I cant imagine them in the SOC 2......Athens would be a stretch bounicng from D2-D3 and Athens is just coming back off some struggling years where they wouldnt have competed in the SOC2
02 - 6-4 **D2 in 01 (L to D4 Portsmouth who lost to SOC2 Portsmouth West)
03 - 7-3 (No L's to any D5 team. Burg went 9-3, Minford 7-4, Valley 8-2, but was still in SOC 1)
04 - 1-9 (L's to SOC 2 Waverly, and D5 NY)
05 - 3-7 (L's to SOC 2 Waverly and D5 NY)
06 - 1-9 (L to D5 NY)
07 - 1-9 (L to D5 NY)
08 - 4-6 (L to D5 NY, and D4 Wellston)
09 - 9-1 **D2 in 09** (L to D5 NY)
10 - 5-5 **D2 in 10** (L to D5 Coal Grove, NY)
11 - 10-0 (W vs D5 NY in OT, Valley went 12-1, and so this woulda been a great game)

I wouldnt go as far as saying Athens would just strut in and win the SOC 2...I dont know if they would have won any from 02-current.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

chicken_coop wrote:I dont know about Western Brown, but being D2 I cant imagine them in the SOC 2......Athens would be a stretch bounicng from D2-D3 and Athens is just coming back off some struggling years where they wouldnt have competed in the SOC2
02 - 6-4 **D2 in 01 (L to D4 Portsmouth who lost to SOC2 Portsmouth West)
03 - 7-3 (No L's to any D5 team. Burg went 9-3, Minford 7-4, Valley 8-2, but was still in SOC 1)
04 - 1-9 (L's to SOC 2 Waverly, and D5 NY)
05 - 3-7 (L's to SOC 2 Waverly and D5 NY)
06 - 1-9 (L to D5 NY)
07 - 1-9 (L to D5 NY)
08 - 4-6 (L to D5 NY, and D4 Wellston)
09 - 9-1 **D2 in 09** (L to D5 NY)
10 - 5-5 **D2 in 10** (L to D5 Coal Grove, NY)
11 - 10-0 (W vs D5 NY in OT, Valley went 12-1, and so this woulda been a great game)

I wouldnt go as far as saying Athens would just strut in and win the SOC 2...I dont know if they would have won any from 02-current.
Thanks Coop I knew you or Jesco would do the research I am too lazy to do myself! LOL

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

anyways if waverly comes out ready to go they can compete the offense just needs to get things going its up to the offense to help the defense they cant play the whole game on defense

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Valley big

Hunter15
Waterboy

Post by Hunter15 »

bookem13 wrote:I think we passed the point of needing to make changes many moons ago. The problem with Waverly is the people at the top (the administration) could give a hoot less about sports, especially football. Now, if there was a problem with the band or drama club, we'd be on that in a whip-stitch! I think the current administration's goal is to replicate the show Fame in the confines of Waverly High School. That's O.K....that's what open enrollment is for. Maybe when they start seeing their funding going to neighboring schools with the kids that transfer, they will finally wake up! It's a shame that we've witnessed 20 years of hard work by Ed Bolin to make Waverly relevant go right down the tubes!
Waverly needs to clean house from top to bottom the community and the kids deserve better the administration needs to wake up!!

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Bookem.. Have to agree with your analysis. Waverly almost had a fine player relocate this year , but opted to stay . If the current thought process of Waverly administration does'nt change there will be some transfers to schools that are committed to having successful athletic programs !

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

NTHZONE wrote:Bookem.. Have to agree with your analysis. Waverly almost had a fine player relocate this year , but opted to stay . If the current thought process of Waverly administration does'nt change there will be some transfers to schools that are committed to having successful athletic programs !
They have already lost players. The senior class all quit or transferred.

Return to “Football”