D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

14svt
JV Team

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by 14svt »

Hello Y'all
Round 2 from last year I'll probably be the only the Johnstown fan on here to post but I was on here last year I think this year should be a even game No blow out like last year Looks like we are the underdogs same as last year
Both good running teams
Does Ironton have the same team from last year?
Johnstown is going to have to play Smashmouth Football
I have been looking at the stadium the vistor side looks small Johnstown has good fan travel plus a really big band (190 members)to hold I just hope we aren't like sardines
I hope we win this one
Go Johnnies!!!!!!!! Keep us rollIng

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

That pic is from last season. I believe the new visitors side bleachers hold 1200 (don't hold me to that but I'm pretty sure) and the bands have their own sets of bleachers located in each endzone which were not yet there when the photo was taken.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

14svt wrote:Hello Y'all
Round 2 from last year I'll probably be the only the Johnstown fan on here to post but I was on here last year I think this year should be a even game No blow out like last year Looks like we are the underdogs same as last year
Both good running teams
I have been looking at the stadium the vistor side looks small Johnstown has good fan travel plus a really big band (190 members)to hold I just hope we aren't like sardines
I hope we win this one
I think Ironton is a lot different team this year new coach different attitude schedule wasn't kind to Ironton and injuries and depth showed up but I think they are healthy and a much better team now.
Personally I don't think we seen best of this team.
Good Luck ironton my both teams come out injury free

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Hey there 14svt, as I joked in an earlier post, you all better hope you have fast corners. Patrick Lewis will run all over you!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

dreamweaver wrote:Hey there 14svt, as I joked in an earlier post, you all better hope you have fast corners. Patrick Lewis will run all over you!
Yeah I've seen some videos of him Pretty fast guy
I'm sure Jtown will be trying to stop him all night

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

14SVT, I THINK THIS WILL BE A DANDY MATCHUP RIGHT HERE. I THINK IRONTON IS STARTING TO FINALLY PEAK, AND IN MY OPINION , HAVE YET TO PLAY THEIR BEST GAME.------------GO TIGERS.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I just hope it's a good game Not a blowout on your side or my Johnstown team is not like last year just relying on 2 guys this year is a team all together
I agree Johnstown will have there hands full with Lewis and White and Qb I know we a not a Hartley or Watterson but we will give it a go
Go Johnnies!!!!!!!!!!
I see Calpreps has Ironton by 5 let's prove them wrong

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Gotta go with Johnstown.
My cousins will have em ready to play!!!!!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

NYBUX wrote:Gotta go with Johnstown.
My cousins will have em ready to play!!!!!
Who's that ?Carter

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

3 years ago Coshocton ended our season and the next year we paid them back. I look for the same thing to happen here. We have lots of weapons and a great coaching staff. Go Tigers

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown can't forget about #25 he has been held out most of the season due to two previous knee injuries, but he can carry the rock and catch the ball. He was their best RB last year. Also #6 their QB is back and I'm sure you want a senior leading the team. Defense is the question here, which team can stop the other. I'll give the edge their to Johnstown. Also, which line will play better... will #74 and #71 be full strength? If not I think that favors Johnstown. Go Johnnies!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i hope you are right tigsfan, i believe we are starting to gel , at just the right time.

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

Both good running teams
I hope we win this one
I don't know how well you travel but I know Ironton travels and from our experience last year the place will be packed. It's a beautiful facility but Jackson filled up the visitors and some of the home side with people standing 2 and 3 deep all the way around for last years first round playoff game so get there early.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and i think dion, number25 , is set to roll now as well. he has been kept iout of the majority of the offensive scheme in the process of healing, in my opinion. but appears to have gotten the jet packs fueled up as well.and no we are not a watterson , or hartley either. we have been in the past, and fighting tiger football is still alive and well.and i look for more of the same , gritty, smashmouth fighting tiger football.and a never give up attitude.many have mentionewd the 99 fighting tigers who were 6-3. and were supposed to be just a greasy spot on the cleats of youngstown cardinal mooney. cept somebody forgot to tell the fighting tigers that.and the fighting tigers prevailed. i remember a lancaster d1 team, that called us river rats, said we beat up on river teams that were nobodies.they fighting tigers shelled them all night long. that was then, this is now. but we are still playing, and that gives us a 50/50 chance of winning. and with the schedule they played, even with 3 losses, they have played some great ball, and been exposed to some amazing football as well.i like the fighting tigers chances to advance, but we gotta take care of business first.

1 thing i guaranteeYOU ARE GONNA SEE A GREAT GAME, AND 2 AMAZING BANDS. I CAN'T WAIT. I HOPE BOTH OF THESE BANDS BATTLE EACH OTHER ALL NIGHT LONG.JOHNSTOWN'S BAND IS KILLER. AND THE IRONTON MILLION DOLLAR MARCHING BAND IS SIZZLIN RIGHT NOW AS WELL. IT'S WORTH THE TICKET PRICE ALONE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Alderson_B-Fan wrote:
Both good running teams
I hope we win this one
I don't know how well you travel but I know Ironton travels and from our experience last year the place will be packed. It's a beautiful facility but Jackson filled up the visitors and some of the home side with people standing 2 and 3 deep all the way around for last years first round playoff game so get there early.
ironton typically will fill out dang near any facility to bustin at the gills. but last weeks attendance was paltry in my opinon. and that was a home game. so i hope fighting tiger nation will support this team, as they have fighting tiger teams of the past. and give school's something to talk about. and more importantly to support our athletes, cheerleaders, majorettes, flag corp, etc. the fighting tiger fans are capable of turning athens plumb orange and black. i hope that is what happens friday night in athens.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Had anyone watched this team through week 5, there would be no one in the state thinking they stood a chance at beating this Ironton team...they got dinged up and fell to three good teams...all after nearly having half the team injured...now, for the most part, they are healthy again...plus they have learned the NEW coaches playbook...I don't mean any disrespect...but I look for this week to be one of Irontons easiest games to date this season...

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Wow that does sound like a insult easiest team of the year I could understand if you have seen them play But o well it's you team

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

FLUSH THE JOHNS!

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

Bottom line is this game and the rest of the postseason for Ironton depends on the health of the line. Period. When you can line up Webb and Culbertson on the Oline your chances improve drastically. If these two are missing, then there is a big void. There is a stable of backs to get the yards but there has to be adequate blocking up front. I know we havent seen Culbertson much this season and his presence on both the Oline and Dline has been sorely missed. If hes healthy and playing are run defense improves instantly. Lets hope all the Tigers are healed up and ready to go friday. I think this will be a tough matchup. I was impressed by Johnstown last year.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

STILL NEED PRESALE TICKETS Come on fella's, lol... Some one has to be able to get me 2 tickets...lol.. I'll meet ya at the game, I will be there (Ask Tiger Bait, I'm good for it, lol). I guess all my other buddies that could get them for me aren't around anymore (Not you Tiger Bait, completely understand your reasons..lol).. All well, guess if I can't get them I'll pay gate price. If Ironton wins and St. Clairesville wins, good possibility you will end up in Logan and the only one ironton fan will have excellent parking for free will be Tiger Bait, :)... Have a nice day... GO TIGERS... :)

Return to “Football”