Ironton and Burg-40+ Years of Excellence--How?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Re: Ironton and Burg-40+ Years of Excellence--How?

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:You don't need any details from me other than your coaching staff knew in advance that they needed me to play for Ironton in order to prevent a loss in 1984 to protect your regular season non-losing streak...(which we eliminated, of course)...

...ask dinocrocetti...

...you probably know him by another name in Ironton...

Long live the University of Ironton...

...recruits must not be flowing into Ironton anymore since you have not been to the State Finals since 1999.....
That is possibly the most arrogant post I have ever read on SEOP's. I would have expected it from Paladin. It is hard to believe a Gold Member of the Tiger Clan would talk so badly about the Ironton Football program.

Funny how people keep asking for details and yet you refuse to provide them but expect people to believe this story.

With this all said, I'd like to get some confirmation on what people think recruiting really is. I will list actual events that have happened to someone I know (without being too specific) and I'd like to get opinions on what is truly considered to be recruiting.

1. A teacher/coach at a school tells a parent "We'd love to have your son/daughter come to school here. We could really use him/her next year."

2. A principal at a school tells a student and the parent, "There will always be a place for you here. "

3. A teacher/coach tells a student, "We'd love to have you just stop by and watch practice. Maybe visit the school one day. I can take you to lunch and see if we can get you interested in (Our School)."

4. A teacher/coach explains to several family members of the student all the different transfer rules and what it would take to get the student eligible at the new school."

5. A teacher/coach reveals that there are "benefits" available to this particular student if this student chose to transfer to a different school.

6. The family member of a teacher/coach contacts a student directly asking this student if he is interested in transferring but at no times mentions that his mother/father who works at the school asked him/her to contact this student.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:That is possibly the most arrogant post I have ever read on SEOP's. I would have expected it from Paladin. It is hard to believe a Gold Member of the Tiger Clan would talk so badly about the Ironton Football program.

Funny how people keep asking for details and yet you refuse to provide them but expect people to believe this story.

With this all said, I'd like to get some confirmation on what people think recruiting really is. I will list actual events that have happened to someone I know (without being too specific) and I'd like to get opinions on what is truly considered to be recruiting.

1. A teacher/coach at a school tells a parent "We'd love to have your son/daughter come to school here. We could really use him/her next year."

2. A principal at a school tells a student and the parent, "There will always be a place for you here. "

3. A teacher/coach tells a student, "We'd love to have you just stop by and watch practice. Maybe visit the school one day. I can take you to lunch and see if we can get you interested in (Our School)."

4. A teacher/coach explains to several family members of the student all the different transfer rules and what it would take to get the student eligible at the new school."

5. A teacher/coach reveals that there are "benefits" available to this particular student if this student chose to transfer to a different school.

6. The family member of a teacher/coach contacts a student directly asking this student if he is interested in transferring but at no times mentions that his mother/father who works at the school asked him/her to contact this student.
None of those happened to me.

Please keep trying to protect the University of Ironton at all costs...

BTW, the plaque has been in the trash since OSU defeated Miami for its National Championship 10 years ago...

Go Trojans!

Clifford is gone...a new era at Portsmouth has begun!!!

It's time to regain the lead in the rivalry!

No longer will we bow down to our neighbors up river from us!!!!!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

...oh, the Ironton Classic will be fun this Saturday...

:mrgreen:

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

If anyone was going to be recruited that year from Portsmouth it would have been Reid. That Trojan team was really good. Probably a shade underachieving as they should have played for a state title.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Dinocrocetti wrote:If anyone was going to be recruited that year from Portsmouth it would have been Reid. That Trojan team was really good. Probably a shade underachieving as they should have played for a state title.
I agree.

It appears that the University of Ironton made a mistake in not going for Daniel at the time; however, he was not the feature back in his sophomore and junior seasons.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

That is obvious by looking at the scores of those games.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Daniel was not prepared to be the feature back in 1982 because Robbie Jackson was.

He was not the feature back in 1983 because Alvin Williams was following my ligament damage to my ankle in a scrimmage game.

In 1984 we ran the bone in addition to the Pro-I to balance the attack.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Since Kentucky Trojan, Jr. was not "recruited" this evening to play at Ironton, I will change my statement to read that I was never recruited by the University....I mean....Ironton High School...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

university my butt. i'll think people will be suprised how we hang in there at the top.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tiger football will be alive and well in 2013.

and still the toughest schedule in these parts.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

You're Tiger Bait wrote:university my butt. i'll think people will be suprised how we hang in there at the top.
Yep...university...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHATEVER, YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT CAUSE WE SCHOOL PEOPLE.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHATEVER, YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT CAUSE WE SCHOOL PEOPLE.
Angry, YTB?

:?:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HARDLY, LAUGHING.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

You're Tiger Bait wrote:HARDLY, LAUGHING.
Your caps are showing...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what's your deal brother, are you high.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

You're Tiger Bait wrote:what's your deal brother, are you high.
...on life, yes

...on drugs, no

...on the Ironton Tigers....HE11 NO!!!!!!

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:HARDLY, LAUGHING.
Your caps are showing...

all we need is another school teacher

Kentucky Trojan
SE

mustang_lvr wrote:all we need is another school teacher
Enjoy your retirement mustang_lvr...

...I teach math anyhow...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you sure don't teach manner and ethics

Return to “Football”