Riding the Bench

Re: MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Post by B0UNCE »

Result for Lift A Thon

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Good event overall @ the Lift A Thon. About 7 or 8 overall that benched 300 +, and quite a few more in the high 200's. Also, 8 freshmen-to-be players benched 200 +. McCray would have made 9 for 300 +, but he was with family on a mission trip. Can't wait for the season to get rolling, as it could be potentially a season we have never had, meaning 10-0, along with SOC 2 title and home playoff game. The talent is there to do it. It won't be easy though, as our schedule will be one of the hardest we have ever had. In addition, we moved UP another state division, which will be 4 out of 7 (old division 3).

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

According to the 2013-2014 Division 4 Regional Alignment Map, the region in which Minford will be in should most-likely look like this:

Monroe
Urbana ***
Springfield Northwestern
Springfield Greenon
Batavia ****
Clarksville Clinton-Massie (Defending Division 4 State Champs) ****
Washington CH Miami Trace ##
Gallipolis Gallia Academy ***
Norwood ****
Cincinnati Wyoming ##
Cincinnati Indian Hill
Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas ***
North Bend Taylor
Greenfield McClain ##
London
Plain City Jonathan Alder
Pomeroy Meigs
Dayton Dunbar
Dayton Oakwood
Kettering Archbishop Alter ***
Germantown Valley View
Circleville ***
Eaton ##
Chillicothe Unioto
Minford ****
Franklin Bishop Fenwick ****
Carlisle ##

*** or**** = 2012 Playoff Team (Division 3 or 4) ; ## = winning record in 2012

Tough regional draw for the Falcons the next two years, but we have talent. Just have to mesh it together. Can't wait for this season to get started!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

ttt

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

KingoftheCourts wrote:Rumor has it that Kenton Gullion and Brandon Rowe, both basketball players, may play next year. I know Gullion has had some football experience in the past and heard that Rowe played over at Waverly. Any truth?
Gullion and Piquett are both playing soccer this year.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

How them Falcons doin?

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

The only bad thing that hurts Minford is they are the only D-4 team in besides Northwest in Scioto Co Per the OHSAA so they will be playing all D-5 schools except the school from Columbus I didn't look them up. So playing all the D-5 schools really hurts as far as playoff points and Valley is now D-6 so gonna be tough getting points and what sucks is it is all out of there control.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

jagered wrote:The only bad thing that hurts Minford is they are the only D-4 team in besides Northwest in Scioto Co Per the OHSAA so they will be playing all D-5 schools except the school from Columbus I didn't look them up. So playing all the D-5 schools really hurts as far as playoff points and Valley is now D-6 so gonna be tough getting points and what sucks is it is all out of there control.

Columbus Grandview Heights is D6 with 136 Boys according to OHSAA

Last year they were D5 Reg 19, they finished the regular season 10-0 and lost in the 1st round of the Playoffs. Although the Level 1 points is low there's potential for alot of level 2 points.

Good Luck to Minford, should be a very good season for the Falcons.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
jagered wrote:The only bad thing that hurts Minford is they are the only D-4 team in besides Northwest in Scioto Co Per the OHSAA so they will be playing all D-5 schools except the school from Columbus I didn't look them up. So playing all the D-5 schools really hurts as far as playoff points and Valley is now D-6 so gonna be tough getting points and what sucks is it is all out of there control.

Last year they were D5 Reg 19, they finished the regular season 10-0 and lost in the 1st round of the Playoffs. Although the Level 1 points is low there's potential for alot of level 2 points.

Grandview Heights was 5-5 last year and did not make the playoffs.

I think people put way to much into first level points. 2nd level are what get you into the playoffs. Believe me, if Minford beats Valley, they will get a ton of points from the Indians. Last year, a win over 8-2 Symmes Valley (D6) would have been worth 3.25 points while a win over 5-5 Jackson (D3) would have been worth 2.95. It is not who you beat, it is who they beat.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Crab's brother wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

Grandview Heights was 5-5 last year and did not make the playoffs.

I think people put way to much into first level points. 2nd level are what get you into the playoffs. Believe me, if Minford beats Valley, they will get a ton of points from the Indians. Last year, a win over 8-2 Symmes Valley (D6) would have been worth 3.25 points while a win over 5-5 Jackson (D3) would have been worth 2.95. It is not who you beat, it is who they beat.
Your right, I was looking at their record from the year before. So they went from 10-1 the year before to 5-5 last year

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

With 5 days into the practice schedule, how are things

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Should be another great year in Minford! Cant wait to watch these guys play!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This should be one of the best; if not the best O-lines in Minford history, anchored behind D-1 Louisville recruit McCray. This is a line with experience, some having 3 and 4 years starting. With losing only 1 due to graduation, these guys know the system, can't wait to see them in a little over a month.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Not to sure about this being the best Oline they have had ! :122246

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

I'm not sure about that either, but will still be very, very good.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

The O line is going to be dominant. Hopefully they will be a very mean line and hard for anyone to handle.

Carter gives them bruising power in the backfield and there will be alot of speed in the backfield to offset that too.

I am looking forward to another season of football.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Vladimir wrote:This should be one of the best; if not the best O-lines in Minford history, anchored behind D-1 Louisville recruit McCray. This is a line with experience, some having 3 and 4 years starting. With losing only 1 due to graduation, these guys know the system, can't wait to see them in a little over a month.
I'm one of those that believe this year's o-line can be really special, with 4 starters returning from last season. I also have went to some 7-on-7 action this week, and I was very impressed with what I saw. It looks as if we have about 7 or 8 players (from multiple positions) that can run good, crisp routes, and catch the football. What I was particularly impressed with is the 1-2 punch that we look to have at WR (Caleb Clark & Jack White). In addition, I should mention that QB Cody Stapleton looks to have worked really hard on his game over the offseason. Some records involving the passing game could be broken this season. :12222

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

doubt it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:
Vladimir wrote:This should be one of the best; if not the best O-lines in Minford history, anchored behind D-1 Louisville recruit McCray. This is a line with experience, some having 3 and 4 years starting. With losing only 1 due to graduation, these guys know the system, can't wait to see them in a little over a month.
I'm one of those that believe this year's o-line can be really special, with 4 starters returning from last season. I also have went to some 7-on-7 action this week, and I was very impressed with what I saw. It looks as if we have about 7 or 8 players (from multiple positions) that can run good, crisp routes, and catch the football. What I was particularly impressed with is the 1-2 punch that we look to have at WR (Caleb Clark & Jack White). In addition, I should mention that QB Cody Stapleton looks to have worked really hard on his game over the offseason. Some records involving the passing game could be broken this season. :12222
big-train wrote:doubt it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh all you want, sir, but there is a good amount of talent all throughout this year's team. It can be done. :122249

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Hence the "Should be," only meaning they have the potential, for those of you who don't get that.

This O-line certainly has the talent to be just that, "The best in Minford history." Both OTs are 300+lbs and they are strong and can move. The OGs are both animals. They all have played these positions since pee-wee and have 1 year varsity experience under their belts, so the line "Jelling," together will not be an issue. The position lost to graduation is the Center, which is a key position, but Minford has plenty of kids that can play there so I'm not concerned.

With the deep backfield, I think Compton will be moved from FB to TE and he's 6'1 225, athletic and is strong as an ox (510 squat, 350 bench at state powerlifting meet in Kenton, Ohio early this spring.) Think what you want, but an O-line that has experience playing together ever since they've played organized football and that has dedicated itself to the weight room during the offseason will be dominate.

Return to “Football”