SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good point grove.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Just a thought but if Ironton-St. Clairsville can only do a 1 game deal, then maybe try to make the game at a neutral site like maybe in the Marrieta or Parkersburg areas. They look pretty close to a halfway point according to Google Maps and you have 3 larger high schools (4 if you count Warren in the Marrieta/Parkersburg area) and a Marrieta College where you could host the game and capcity shouldn't be too much of an issue if both teams bring pretty good gates to the game.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Grove4Life wrote:Whoever Ironton gets for week three would have to be a one year deal. You have Gallia Academy coming into the conference in 2016.
The additional conference game will likely be played in Week 4 in place of Blazer. That said, will Blazer be moving to Week 3? Not sure if they can make that happen. They last did not play in 2006.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

EagleFan89 wrote:
Grove4Life wrote:Whoever Ironton gets for week three would have to be a one year deal. You have Gallia Academy coming into the conference in 2016.
The additional conference game will likely be played in Week 4 in place of Blazer. That said, will Blazer be moving to Week 3? Not sure if they can make that happen. They last did not play in 2006.
If Ashland-Ironton can't get together in week 3, maybe they could play their conference opponent, most likely Gallia Academy if based on this year's schedule, and then Ironton and their conference opponent can play their final non-conference game in week 4 and do that until the ashland games can be moved to week 3, which may only take a year or two to do, 4 at the absolute most. I know Northwest-Symmes Valley did it last year when Northwest moved down to SOC I because of the schedule conflict (Played each other in week 5 because of week 10 non-conference games, conference play started in SOC I in Week 6). I believe they're schedule to play each other in Week 10 this year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton should be loaded this year. It would be a shame not to have a full schedule. Ironton should look as much like the teams of old as they have for many years. Strong line, strong backs, good quarterback and nice defensive backs to go along with them. They should be a hard hitting bunch with a lot of quickness and plenty of good backups.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's exactly what I'm hoping.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Looking on the OHSAA website I found the perfect game for Ironton week 3. Way better game than St. Clairsville, Plus they are old foes: Belfry.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that would be a great series to fire back up. or at least revisit.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Looking on the OHSAA website I found the perfect game for Ironton week 3. Way better game than St. Clairsville, Plus they are old foes: Belfry.
They are about as tough of a Team year in and year out as any Team around here. The last game I went to in Belfry it poured a rain, we always seemed to have their number though.

Ironton to Belfry, KY------ 84.5 miles - 1hr 50 min
Ironton to St Clairsville - 210 miles - 3hrs 30 min

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was there. sharp new facility. I remember tiger town turkey in his long lifeguard jacket and the prune juice gang.
and belfry is as tough as a team as anybody would want to play. I'd like to get another shot at Johnson central myself.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember that night. I remember tiger town turkey in his ankle length lifeguard jacket. him n the prune juice gang.
belfry,ky. is another team tough as they come around here. I'd like to get another shot at Johnson central myself. and I'd like to see ironton/beechwood, ky. get to finish what they started years ago.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LHS 72 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'm politikin for it.
Maybe in the future Logan, Ironton Jackson and Athens can get together in Jackson for a week 1 or 2 double header. would be a well attend event and may a good fund raiser for special need children!
Maybe this can be worked out in the future

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i hope so but with ironton in a league now. and wheelersburg, Ashland, Russell being every year games. it might be tougher.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i hope so but with ironton in a league now. and wheelersburg, Ashland, Russell being every year games. it might be tougher.
Maybe a Jamboree game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

see i like the idea of those games.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

trust me bait we really dont need to see those big boys from central anymore

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

tl895 wrote:trust me bait we really dont need to see those big boys from central anymore

Even playing field we beat those guys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

those were very physical games. people have to realize that Johnson central school is a whole county of kids on one team, not counting transfers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

huge tough farm kids, an awesome home facilty and atmosphere.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I think what cannon was saying was we played them both years at central. The first year they had our number, but the second year there were many, and many is being kind, questionable calls that changed the outcome of the ballgame. Had even half of those calls went in Irontons favor, Ironton wins that game. Fact is, that game was played at Central and the calls were the calls. There are games we all know going in that will be tougher wins than others for different reasons throughout history. Playing Raceland at Raceland would be one to come to mind or Ashland at Ashland or one much larger playing the state championship game and being from anywhere south of Columbus. That is why kids need to work hard all year long and get ready for football season in the offseason. If a kid thinks that they can get started in June they are way behind already. If they think they can wait until July they shouldn't ever see the playing field. If they do then your team is probably not very good or football is extremely watered down. To win another State Championship it will take a group of a few classes to agree to get together and work like no other from November through August to get ready. If they are playing basketball or baseball do so, but make sure if the coaches aren't pushing you as hard as you know you need to be pushed do something extra. We have plenty of talent. We have never lost that at Ironton. We need a group of kids who push each other to get in that extra work. Feed the Fire!! This year will make 26 years since Irontons last Championship. We are due!!

Return to “Football”