Wellston head football coach job posted on OHSAA website

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wellston head football coach job posted on OHSAA website

Post by Orange and Brown »

Seabee wrote:What about Mike Chancey ? I'm surprised he hasn't surfaced somewhere after stepping down at Meigs. I believe he posted a winning record there after something like 18-19 seasons. I know our crew was always pleased when they would show up on our schedule as they seemed to always be one of the most respected and disciplined teams that we would see. His players would get after it really hard on every snap and then have the class to help up the opponent and say "nice hit man, let's do it again". Just a thought....a hire like that would bring instant credibility to any program in my opinion.
You'd have to dangle a better program than Wellston to get him out of his rocking chair lol

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I am pretty sure that Phillips' record at St. Mary's was 3-27 in three years there.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

he was 4-26. 4-6 first season 0-10 2nd and 0-10 3rd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yep...thx HSFBFAN

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

louie_15 wrote:I heard Arno has applied. He taught and coached at Wellston before under Heath Hinton
He did not apply. interviews will be this week.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Anyone hear how interviews went?

How many interviewed?

What time table is for a recommendation?

Assume this is a Phillips job or is some others in consideration?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

look for a coach to be hired sometime within the next week

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

HSFBFAN wrote:look for a coach to be hired sometime within the next week
Whats the word HSFBFAN? Who's likely to get this job? I heard coach Hutch re-applied and is going to get an interview, is that true?

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

Here is the easy answer.......football at Wellson has always been like a horse limping around on a bum leg. We should just put it out of its misery. Cancel the program and start soccer. There is a camp coming up in April.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

drunkone wrote:Here is the easy answer.......football at Wellson has always been like a horse limping around on a bum leg. We should just put it out of its misery. Cancel the program and start soccer. There is a camp coming up in April.
that'll never happen

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

louie_15 wrote:
HSFBFAN wrote:look for a coach to be hired sometime within the next week
Whats the word HSFBFAN? Who's likely to get this job? I heard coach Hutch re-applied and is going to get an interview, is that true?
Personally I think it'll be coach Phillips and yes Hutch did re-apply and is interviewing but I think it's because the board wants to cover itself in case other candidates decline because they know Hutch will take the job if offered

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

We cant be seriously talking about cancelling football. I need the income from the big chubbies coming in to eat my food every day before practice. They bring their sons in and get them a bite to eat before practice too. :lol:

IDK what is going to happen in this situation. I just know that the best thing about people from wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

sounds like Wellston has had so many coaches that no one can keep track who what when and where.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

What is the latest on this process? Still interviewing?

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

This is getting a little strung out... last week I had heard this was going to be announced on Friday but due to a board member being gone they pushed it back to Tuesday of this week.. Yet to hear anything becoming a little odd now? maybe some issues with who is being hired?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Ive heard that the job is Phillips. He is coming back home.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Well lets get him officially hired so these kids can get in the weight room and get on a program. Also, The community (parents) has pumped Phillips up for months now, lets see if he can live up to the expectations

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

louie_15 wrote:Well lets get him officially hired so these kids can get in the weight room and get on a program. Also, The community (parents) has pumped Phillips up for months now, lets see if he can live up to the expectations
The kids will be mighty cold if they do open the weight room right now. Better work on some heat in there from what I am told.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Ground Buck wrote:
louie_15 wrote:Well lets get him officially hired so these kids can get in the weight room and get on a program. Also, The community (parents) has pumped Phillips up for months now, lets see if he can live up to the expectations
The kids will be mighty cold if they do open the weight room right now. Better work on some heat in there from what I am told.
Its like that every year,.. Nothing gets done about it

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

No offense to greg....btu he cant measure up to expectations in wellston....a town with no talent that thinks it should be in the NFL. The day he is hired begins the timer that counts down till he makes someone mad or loses too many games and will end with his firing. Thats Wellston for ya.... :lol:

Always remember....the best thing about people from wellston is that they have Jackson on their license plates. Free dessert for anyone wearing ironman gear into the store tonight from 6 - 9pm. Go JHS!

Return to “Football”