Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Fish heads? that's cute. That is close to what we were called at St.Joe in Jr. High but that was 1975. Grow up D-bag. Good luck to the Pirates and yes to beat Hartley a little luck never hurt.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

where is the game? they announced Valley's site already

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'd love to see the Pirates pull this out but have to go with Hartley by 3 scores.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

As far as the game, I think Hartley is the favorite but that doesn't mean Burg can't compete and win.

good luck Burg!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I've seen Hartley twice this year. Are they very good? Yes. Are they very beatable? Absolutely.
Wheelersburg is capable of winning this game by two touchdowns. Will they? I highly doubt it. Having said that, Hartley will always remember the night they were beaten by the Burg in Chillicothe.

Anyone looking to chow down before the game should eat at the Old Canal Tavern. Amazing food and good prices.

Prediction : Wheelersburg 31 - Bishop Hartley 28

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck burg. Be happy wherever you play. Support your team. That's what counts. Distance yourself from the SEO crying game.

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Confirmed: Game at Chillicothe

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

AHM wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
falcon01 wrote:Don't see a way that this game is close. Think the burg is really good, but Hartley is on another level. I'd gladly take being wrong, as I always want to see SE teams do well. I'm thinking like 35-13 or so.

Yes I understand this won't be a popular post.

It is your opinion....This Pirate Team does not think that way... As a fan I did not see us dominating a very good Liberty Union Team with 23 seniors that lost to this all mighty , whole different level Hartley Team 14-7 ....However The Burg Team thought and showed what they are about with a 41-3 win !!!! I did not think that they would Beat a very good Ironton Team by 31 tonight.. Again they showed us they did.... This Team has everything a Great Team needs to win it all.... So the Pirates do not care about opinions of others.. They will be ready to win one game at a time.... Most people , including Hartley has this game already won... This Orange Black Team will have something to say come next saturday night on the field...
Remember when Jackson rolled Burg by 30? Yea, Hartley dominated Desales.

Keep talking Wheelersburg.
Yes we will not forget the 27 to 0 rolling of Jackson.. If you call 21-7 a dominated game with Desales? Who cares.... This will be the rematch Burg is waiting for... Talk is cheap......

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Oaf wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
falcon01 wrote:Don't see a way that this game is close. Think the burg is really good, but Hartley is on another level. I'd gladly take being wrong, as I always want to see SE teams do well. I'm thinking like 35-13 or so.

Yes I understand this won't be a popular post.

It is your opinion....This Pirate Team does not think that way... As a fan I did not see us dominating a very good Liberty Union Team with 23 seniors that lost to this all mighty , whole different level Hartley Team 14-7 ....However The Burg Team thought and showed what they are about with a 41-3 win !!!! I did not think that they would Beat a very good Ironton Team by 31 tonight.. Again they showed us they did.... This Team has everything a Great Team needs to win it all.... So the Pirates do not care about opinions of others.. They will be ready to win one game at a time.... Most people , including Hartley has this game already won... This Orange Black Team will have something to say come next saturday night on the field...
That was last years LU team that held Hartley to 14 while the Burg held Hartley to 42. That LU team would have beaten wheelersburg last year just as bad as Hartley did. Nice try on some spin though Coach Holtz. I see a similar score as last year. Close for a half, then Hartley 42-21. Burg is not the orange and black team that Hartley wants. That would be Coldwater.
Again glad you are not involved with this Burg Team ...No spin at all coming from me... Sorry for the confusion.... Make no mistake , this Burg Team is very physical up front on both sides of the ball... This game will not be a blow out... Hartley will have to pass....

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Since everyone thinks Wheelersburg is so great and has the ability to win, what advantages do they have? In what areas are they better? How are they going to exploit the so called weaknesses of Hartley?

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

JS7_22 wrote:What is keeping a kid from transferring to a different school around our area? Last I checked, nothing. It's all about "pride", which gets in the way majority of the time.

I know for a fact that Burg gains kids from outside Wheelersburg to play sports, if you say they don't then pull the sheet back over your head.

It's always the excuse at the end of the night.

"We lost because they recruit!"
"cheaters!"

Burg wins a State Championship in baseball over private schools, so what is your point?

Scioto County has WAY TOO MANY schools for the area and population. This is the ultimate problem.
When you so you know for FACT..You better be abel to back that.. I know for a Fact that Burg has not one kid that came in from the outside to play sport...Every player that starts and plays football were here since 5th grade period... Fact.... Hartley does recruit!!!! Again who cares... Coldwater has owned Hartley over the past few years and they are a public school...No excuses the Burg can and will give Hartley nightmares and have them thinking they are playing Coldwater....

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Oaf wrote:
wobycat wrote:It's easy to have great players when you can choose your players. Hartley is not a community, where kids grow up together, playing together. They are strategically placed team of all stars. Imagine if burg could add welch from west, Rolfe from valley, Robinson from Portsmouth, madden from minford, just to name a few. That's what Hartley has done, but their days are numbered when they will be bumped up due to the new rules. Then we will see how that works out. The burg can beat Hartley. It's going to take a great effort, but west showed awhile back that the king of the recruiting hill can be brought down.

Let's go pirates!
Yeah because no one has ever transferred to Wheelersburg for sports have they? :lol: :lol:

Oaf you talk much, however have nothing to say worth meaning... Name one!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Well after watching film on Hartley I think burg will have good success running and throwing the ball. St c. Ran the ball decent. And IMO burg is better than st. C. Burg runs an offense like coldwater. Obviously they had success. Run n shoot 08 we all know that Hartley is a great team but burg has just as good a chance to win this game as Hartley. I think burgs line is bigger maybe even a little quicker. Burg will really need their line backers to step up. I think they have been the only weakness in the D

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Man chill out
I Am a fish eater myself just got back from mass and lunch at BWS
asked father after mass to put in a good word for our Pirates.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:hey sportsfan , whoever said burg lose by 35 is just really bad even i know burg will come within 35!!

a good line for this game would be hartley -23 1/2

Are you trying to say something here??? Wow If I were you i would refrain from saying anything on this site every again.. You are all hot air with no real meaning about anything..

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Sport fan dont question the king oaf! Lol he's the biggest bandwagon fan on here. He's been on hartleys n--s since last season. There are 0 transfers at burg. There is some open enrollment players but they have been there since a young age

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am hearing that Burg will be sitting in the home stands, but will be visitors on the scoreboard. I am glad because I would guess Burg fans will outnumber Hartley fans 2:1

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

BurgGrad wrote:Confirmed: Game at Chillicothe

And the Burg gets the Home Side for the fans

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Well after watching film on Hartley I think burg will have good success running and throwing the ball. St c. Ran the ball decent. And IMO burg is better than st. C. Burg runs an offense like coldwater. Obviously they had success. Run n shoot 08 we all know that Hartley is a great team but burg has just as good a chance to win this game as Hartley. I think burgs line is bigger maybe even a little quicker. Burg will really need their line backers to step up. I think they have been the only weakness in the D
Is this for real?

When did St Clairsville gave success? It was 35-0 until Hartley began to substitute.

Love the confidence of Wheelersburg.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:Since everyone thinks Wheelersburg is so great and has the ability to win, what advantages do they have? In what areas are they better? How are they going to exploit the so called weaknesses of Hartley?

Wow where are you coming from.. Not everyone thinks The Burg is so great, if you have read anything from the past threads..Yow will see things like the Burg defense is over rated!!! Hartley is the team that the majority say is so Great.... Hartley is better than last year ... I truly believe that this Hartley team and their coaches think they do not have any weaknesses...So i guess you will have to wait until Saturday Night ....

Return to “Football”