#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by Orange and Brown »

athens78 wrote:That would be great and it's not actually that far from Desales. Heck they will probably come in and stay the night before since they have the money to do it.

Could you tell us all again about how Logan didn't put in to host?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

DIVISION III, REGION 9 FINALS

#4 ATHENS BULLDOGS - (12-0)
GAMES versus OHSAA Play-Off Teams --
(W) vs. Stuebenville (9-3) (58-42)
Stuebenville plays in the Divison 4, Region 13 Finals
(W) vs. Nelsonville-York (7-4) (48-22)
Nelsonville-York lost in Round 1. D6, Region 21 vs. Valley
(W) vs. Granville (8-3) in Round 1 of Region 9 Play-Offs...
(W) vs. Tri-Valley (11-1) in Round 2 of Region 9 Play-Offs...
ATHENS is (4-0) vs. OHSAA Play-Off Teams

#7 DeSALES STALLIONS - (10-2)

GAMES versus OHSAA Play-Off Teams --
(L) vs. Westerville Central (11-1) (21-17)
Westerville Central plays in the Division 1, Region 1 Finals
(L) vs. Bishop Hartley (10-2) (21-7)
Bishop Hartley plays in the Division 5, Region 17 Finals
(W) vs. Dover (8-3) in Round 1 of Region 9 Play-Offs...
(W) vs. Jackson (11-1) in round 2 of Region 9 Play-Offs...
DeSALES is (2-2) vs. OHSAA Play-Off Teams

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Athens AD just tweeted it so he must be pretty sure!
Didn’t believe me when I posted that it was confirmed by AD at 12:30

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
athens78 wrote:That would be great and it's not actually that far from Desales. Heck they will probably come in and stay the night before since they have the money to do it.

Could you tell us all again about how Logan didn't put in to host?
He can’t even explain this post

athens78 wrote:Logan didn't put in to host any playoff games this year. This game will be played at Chilly or Zanesville or closer to Columbus in Ohio high school wants it to be. Also Speed on defense is what's beat Athens the last two years in the regional finals. Desales has plenty of that. No call on this game but will be much closer than most predict.

Re: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs #7 DeSales (9-2)

by athens78 » November 14th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Desales beats athens by 14

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

This proves the state is indeed looking at the higher seeds for closer travel.I would have figured it would have been Logan if bad info wasn't out out there,although it was odd Logan didn't have a game this past week.As for the game I think this will be the toughest game yet for the Doggies.DeSale does have the perfect offense to limit the Athens mighty offense from getting many chances so they will have to be effective against a small but tough DeSales defense the opportunities they do get,it will be up to the Dog defense once again to determine the outcome IMO,they were solid against the Scottie Dog,can they do it again against the small but speedy Stallions? If they can get a bunch of 3 and outs Athens probably wins comfortably

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

When Athens wins Friday, who will they play the winner of?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Pretty sure Trotwood will be the team since they have been murdering everybody

ny_defense_21
Waterboy

Post by ny_defense_21 »

Region 9 plays Region 10. So it'd be Trotwood or Wapakoneta

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Desales d line is a rather large athletic bunch.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:This proves the state is indeed looking at the higher seeds for closer travel.I would have figured it would have been Logan if bad info wasn't out out there,although it was odd Logan didn't have a game this past week.As for the game I think this will be the toughest game yet for the Doggies.DeSale does have the perfect offense to limit the Athens mighty offense from getting many chances so they will have to be effective against a small but tough DeSales defense the opportunities they do get,it will be up to the Dog defense once again to determine the outcome IMO,they were solid against the Scottie Dog,can they do it again against the small but speedy Stallions? If they can get a bunch of 3 and outs Athens probably wins comfortably
As I asked in an E-mail, will the Stallions still be short two starting linemen?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Your right Ironmenfan some of them linemen were kind of beefy, but them skill players were small,I think Athens receivers has to be licking their chops,and don't forget DeSales lost probably their best player against Dover and he was a stud on both lines and I think another lineman was hurt for the Jackson game from what The DeSales fans were telling me at the game.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Hoping Burrow and the Dawgs keep on truckin'

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:This proves the state is indeed looking at the higher seeds for closer travel.I would have figured it would have been Logan if bad info wasn't out out there,although it was odd Logan didn't have a game this past week.As for the game I think this will be the toughest game yet for the Doggies.DeSale does have the perfect offense to limit the Athens mighty offense from getting many chances so they will have to be effective against a small but tough DeSales defense the opportunities they do get,it will be up to the Dog defense once again to determine the outcome IMO,they were solid against the Scottie Dog,can they do it again against the small but speedy Stallions? If they can get a bunch of 3 and outs Athens probably wins comfortably
As I asked in an E-mail, will the Stallions still be short two starting linemen?
Don't know about the one lineman but their best player is done for the year.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

IRONMENFAN wrote:Desales d line is a rather large athletic bunch.
I Had two people I know in attendance last week, one said they looked small and another said they looked big. So, I guess I will have to see for myself this Friday. :lol: :lol: :lol: Did Desales have their darker uniforms on Ironmenfan? If so darker colors make them look smaller than they are from a distance. But Jackson has some pretty big boys as well. In their white uniforms they really look big. :-D

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Here we go again :lol: If they thought them skill players were big they must not have been wearing their glasses,Like to know what the Luermans(sp.) will think come friday night
Last edited by C-Bolt on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:
Don't know about the one lineman but their best player is done for the year.
I thought you said they had two linemen out last week over the phone. My bad, cell phone in and out and all the noise behind you probably, couldn't hardly hear you.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Here we go again :lol: If they thought them skill players were big they must not have been wearing their glasses
Yep, here we go again, have to see them myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: He said they was big, and now Ironmenfan is saying the same thing. Was Jackson in their white or red Bolt?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Nope I already knew about the one from the link posted,but at the game fans were saying someone else was out too,but I can't remember if they said it was a linebacker or lineman.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Here we go again :lol: If they thought them skill players were big they must not have been wearing their glasses
Yep, here we go again, have to see them myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: He said they was big, and now Ironmenfan is saying the same thing. Was Jackson in their white or red Bolt?
Jackson wasn't solid white trench,they had white shirts with red pants.DeSales dark shirts with white pants

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Here we go again :lol: If they thought them skill players were big they must not have been wearing their glasses,Like to know what the Luermans(sp.) will think come friday night
Just talked to him again, He said over all team size, they are pretty big. Might be a few small D-backs but over all has nice size. He also said they are very fast. Them luerman boys are big and tall for Athens. They will give Desales secondary all they want imo.

Return to “Football”