Portsmouth west @ bishop Hartley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth west @ bishop Hartley

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

run n shoot 08 wrote:Now Hartley has an unfair advantage? Hartley has no where close to the best athletes in the area. No one on the team is a division 1 recruit, and they are smaller than every team they play. They just play hard and are physical. When your school plays Hartley(if they get that far) you will see that teams like Ironton will have distinct size advantage. Hartley has a couple kids on the line that are about 5 foot 9. The fact of the matter is that Hartley is better coached than any other team in SE Ohio. Why is it that Coldwater and Clinton Massie have been able to beat Hartley, yet they are public schools?

No one was complaining about Hartley having a big advantage when they lost to Ironton in 2010 in the regular season, but every one has been crying about it since they beat them in the playoffs.
I REMEMBER MY FIRST BEER TOO!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M NOT TALKING SIZE WISE, I'M TALKING COLUMBUS WISE

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

run n shoot 08 wrote:
Westfan wrote:Absolutely Hartley has an advantage. Most private schools do and it has been acknowledged by AD's allover the state. That's why the multiplier is being put in place.

Hartley is a big team. They may not be as big as the bigger Columbus schools you are comparing them too but they will be huge compared to West upfront. This may be the smallest West team in recent memory.

Hartley's line and the backs are very thick and physical. Not to mention athletic. It's going to be a heck of a challenge to slow them down. But the West kids are gritty and our staff does have experience playing Hartley, so maybe they can come up with a good plan.
Obviously you haven't seen Hartley this year. Hartley will not be much bigger if at all.
Competitive balance crap isn't happening. Tho only advantage is that they are in a more disciplined environment through the day and are held to higher standards than public school kids. It is a huge commitment for the kids to go to a private school, and a lot of kids aren't able to handle it.

Is it a coincidence that the little Catholic communities in the MAC, and the Catholic schools are typically the most successful when it comes to sports?

CAN I THROW A 15 YARDER HERE PLEASE. I GREW UP IN IRONTON, ADOPTED A BI-RACIAL SON. THERE AIN'T A RACIAL BONE IN MY BODY. HOW MANY AFRICAN AMERICAN CATHOLIC PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW. THESE TEAMS ARE PRECISELY, AND VERY CALCULATED PUTTING THEM TOGETHER. THEY ARE BUILT. THAT'S WHY IT'S A MAJOR UPSET TO BEAT THEM.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th n Goal wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:Competitive balance crap isn't happening.
It has already passed and will be happening. Bishop Hartley was (conveniently) 2 boys away from being D4 in the last count and will move up when it goes into effect if they don't "adjust" their maximum enrollment.

RING DA BELL WE HAVE A WINNER.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

luvbigcats wrote:I know how the Catholic school thing works, wonder how many of their players go to mass on sunday morning. I bet 70% of their roster are not of the catholic faith.

WE HAVE ANOTHER WINNER JOHNNY.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CAN WEST WIN THIS GAME. OF COURSE THEY CAN. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED, I SURE HOPE THEY TELL THE KIDS, STRAP EM UP N LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Hey shoot and run, so your saying not one team in se ohio can hang with Hartley? Your nuts. That suburban life of yours hasn't taught you anything. Just be glad Burg and Ironton will have to play each other again before either one of them get a shot at Y'ALL up north. I say if Burg and Hartley get a rematch in the final, there will be some sore "catholic" fans.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Good Luck to the Senators!

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Hey shoot and run, so your saying not one team in se ohio can hang with Hartley? Your nuts. That suburban life of yours hasn't taught you anything. Just be glad Burg and Ironton will have to play each other again before either one of them get a shot at Y'ALL up north. I say if Burg and Hartley get a rematch in the final, there will be some sore "catholic" fans.

Hartley heard that last year...This year it might be different. There is a running clock.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

There is absolutely no way Hartley puts a running clock on Burg or Ironton.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:
Westfan wrote:Absolutely Hartley has an advantage. Most private schools do and it has been acknowledged by AD's allover the state. That's why the multiplier is being put in place.

Hartley is a big team. They may not be as big as the bigger Columbus schools you are comparing them too but they will be huge compared to West upfront. This may be the smallest West team in recent memory.

Hartley's line and the backs are very thick and physical. Not to mention athletic. It's going to be a heck of a challenge to slow them down. But the West kids are gritty and our staff does have experience playing Hartley, so maybe they can come up with a good plan.
Obviously you haven't seen Hartley this year. Hartley will not be much bigger if at all.
Competitive balance crap isn't happening. Tho only advantage is that they are in a more disciplined environment through the day and are held to higher standards than public school kids. It is a huge commitment for the kids to go to a private school, and a lot of kids aren't able to handle it.

Is it a coincidence that the little Catholic communities in the MAC, and the Catholic schools are typically the most successful when it comes to sports?

CAN I THROW A 15 YARDER HERE PLEASE. I GREW UP IN IRONTON, ADOPTED A BI-RACIAL SON. THERE AIN'T A RACIAL BONE IN MY BODY. HOW MANY AFRICAN AMERICAN CATHOLIC PEOPLE DO YOU KNOW. THESE TEAMS ARE PRECISELY, AND VERY CALCULATED PUTTING THEM TOGETHER. THEY ARE BUILT. THAT'S WHY IT'S A MAJOR UPSET TO BEAT THEM.
Quite a few. Two of my best friends at Hartley were. So, how about we get back to football and stop worrying about the race of the players. You just sound ignorant.
Last edited by JasonClaytor on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:There is absolutely no way Hartley puts a running clock on Burg or Ironton.
I will not be surprised when Hartley puts a running clock on them. I honestly don't expect Wheelersburg to win this week. You guys better worry about beating a good LU team, before you worry about how badly Hartley beats Wheelersburg.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Hey shoot and run, so your saying not one team in se ohio can hang with Hartley? Your nuts. That suburban life of yours hasn't taught you anything. Just be glad Burg and Ironton will have to play each other again before either one of them get a shot at Y'ALL up north. I say if Burg and Hartley get a rematch in the final, there will be some sore "catholic" fans.
No one in SE Ohio will come close to knocking Hartley out of the playoffs. You guys had a better team last year. Not a chance that game is close this year. Wasn't that a 22 point Hartley win?

I just love the fact that you fans are already making up excuses before the games are played. At least wait until the game is over before you cry about unfair advantages. It will never be that Hartley is flat out better, it will always be that there was recruiting or unfair advantages.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

As another poster said, we all would have given anything to play another game or down. For most seniors this is their last year of playing...win/lose it is a lifetime memory that can't be taken away. Play hard every down and leave it all on the field...best of luck to the Siders!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
No one in SE Ohio will come close to knocking Hartley out of the playoffs. You guys had a better team last year. Not a chance that game is close this year. Wasn't that a 22 point Hartley win?

I just love the fact that you fans are already making up excuses before the games are played. At least wait until the game is over before you cry about unfair advantages. It will never be that Hartley is flat out better, it will always be that there was recruiting or unfair advantages.

Coldwater is the team to beat.. and they are a public team.... Coldwater has owned Hartley period.... So no excuses , you have to beat Hartley before you would get to Coldwater.....

One game at a time.. This Burg Team is much improved from last year.. Defense is stopping the Run!!!!! Hartley is very cocky and so are thier fans... One game at a time baby!!!!!! :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this is to run and shoot who basically is trying to call me racist-------that's laughable. this subject about the catholic schools gets touchy every year. the teams here are at a distinct disadvantage and everybody down here knows it.

it's touchy with some how old are you. I grew up in ironton which has a very big catholic population and there were none that I knew of. anybody that knows ole bait knows better than what you are insinuating. it just ain't true. these teams are built at the desales, wattersons, hartleys. and everybody here know it man, don't judge a book without even seeing the cover. a couple short years ago ironton did beat Hartley then played them again in the playoffs later that season. they were no better than us , we just forgot how to tackle the second half. that game was dead even forever. wheelersburg, or ironton I think can play with desales. and I would venture to say sizewise ironton may be bigger this year. but our game is with martin's ferry. my support right now is to Portsmouth west, and I hope they can get er done, and good luck.becausae it's wrong how these teams are fabricated from year to year. I'm all in behind west

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Run and shoot

You are not going to convince anyone down here that teams like Hartley, Ursuline, etc aren't put together. Or at least pursued by parents. If that wasn't the case, no a.d. In their mind would schedule d2, d3, and d1 schools. If Portsmouth Norte dame had an upgraded school, they would be doing the same thing. Only rich people, or private funds allow these students to go there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and 2 you say huh.
look I ain't trying to argue I'm 54, been there, seen that, done that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my intentions are not to trash or ruin this thread in any way. just supporting west and stating facts. if it goes any further than that i'll stop commenting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

run n shoot 08 wrote:

run and shoot, I'm guess by your name you graduated in 08. you are talking to people my age that graduated in the 60's ,70's 80's . we know what we speak of , I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Return to “Football”