Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I thought the Burg D was overrated y'all? You can't believe all you hear. Just come out to the pebble and watch this one.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

West with the upset

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Badboy wrote:West with the upset

With a upset stomach ?? :lol:

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Burg by 2 scores

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I see Hurd, Davis and Irwin having a big game, welch will be contained, as burgs defense will be ready to stop him, Burg is overall more athletic than west, but Davis will be the best athlete on the field by far, if he makes the easy catches instead of just all the hard catches, and west plays mistake free,
West wins In a dog fight. West is not Jackson, and Burg obviously isn't Jackson either. So come out to The ROCK and see who is the tougher team with the most heart and that my friends will be your winner Friday night.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I think this year's West team is scrappy and quick enough to win the game. Burg is big and physical so this should be a good matchup.

I agree that West will have to play mistake free ball and get Burg on their heels early to pull it off.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg may be big and physical but they are also quick. Look for for Burg to score often. West will have to keep up. I honestly don't see it happening.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg may be big and physical but they are also quick. Look for for Burg to score often. West will have to keep up. I honestly don't see it happening.
Is burg still running the hurry up offense?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Burg may be big and physical but they are also quick. Look for for Burg to score often. West will have to keep up. I honestly don't see it happening.
They huddle more than they did the past 2 years, but they do go hurry up part of the time

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

freebee wrote:How many times did Jackson throw the ball? I think someone said maybe once.

Only 2 times 1 for 2 for 12 yards

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Was at the Valley game and was impressed with the quickness the Burg had on defense. Both teams are very similar with the quickness they have on defense.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

local superstar wrote:I saw that 4th and wondered the same. Anyone got the year to date stats on both teams, including QB stats?

Burg Team stats ytd total yards 3415, 2195 run yards.. 244 per game.. 1220 passing for 138 yards per game... Avg 37 points per game and defense giving up a avg of 194 yeards per game and 11 point per game..

Burg QB Run 738 total yards for 8.8 per carry... Passing 69-97 for 1211 yards .. 71.1% 16 TD with 2 intertions...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:I see Hurd, Davis and Irwin having a big game, welch will be contained, as burgs defense will be ready to stop him, Burg is overall more athletic than west, but Davis will be the best athlete on the field by far, if he makes the easy catches instead of just all the hard catches, and west plays mistake free,
West wins In a dog fight. West is not Jackson, and Burg obviously isn't Jackson either. So come out to The ROCK and see who is the tougher team with the most heart and that my friends will be your winner Friday night.
Not taking anything away from the kid from west but no way will he be the best athlete on the field. Burk and may from burg will be the top 2 best athletes on the field! Any1 who has played burg would have to agree!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
WestSideFan2002 wrote:I see Hurd, Davis and Irwin having a big game, welch will be contained, as burgs defense will be ready to stop him, Burg is overall more athletic than west, but Davis will be the best athlete on the field by far, if he makes the easy catches instead of just all the hard catches, and west plays mistake free,
Not taking anything away from the kid from west but no way will he be the best athlete on the field. Burk and may from burg will be the top 2 best athletes on the field! Any1 who has played burg would have to agree!
Typically BurgGrad06 I generally agree with what you are saying (maybe lol not how you say it but what you say lol).

Football as we both know is not usually about 1 or 2 players but how the chemistry of the team is, usually you can coach and implement some things if you are worried about 1 or 2 guys.

But, if you look back at the Valley thread I though Welch would have a great performance and he did, I have known the young man since he was 10. His athletic ability is very good. His heart, grit and desire to never give in is however off the charts. If they shut him down (and I am sure they are planning to do that), look for him to find a way to make one or all of his other teammates better.

Every person mentioned above is I am sure a very good athlete, the two you mention most certainly are also the ones from West.

I think Friday comes down to which athletes makes their team better for 48 minutes...they may not have great stats individually, but who is going to make their team better that night.

I wish I could see this one.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Doubleplay I too agree with a lot of your post. The difference in out post is I'm a little more biased and dirrect. However I agree with what you say about the Welch kid! He's awesome!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Yes and no. They can switch it up on you at any moment. If they find a weakness they like they can get back on the ball and exploit it again.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg fields 11 athletes on both sides of the ball. May and Burk are definitely top notch kids in our area. Cunningham really came into his own last week as well. I am really impressed with the line play from Burg too. Those big guys get to their blocks fast and play to the whistle. It all comes down to what a kid will do when given an opportunity. And when you field 11 athletes it's usually something good.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Can't say that I don't see that the Burg is assuredly the favorite but I've got to root for West because I want Saint Clairsville to leapfrog Burg in the region so we could get that rematch!!!!! But one way or another we will get a rematch but it's a long ride south if that's the case!!!! Either way hoping for a good and safe game!!! Gooooooooo Senators!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

purplesage wrote:Can't say that I don't see that the Burg is assuredly the favorite but I've got to root for West because I want Saint Clairsville to leapfrog Burg in the region so we could get that rematch!!!!! But one way or another we will get a rematch but it's a long ride south if that's the case!!!! Either way hoping for a good and safe game!!! Gooooooooo Senators!!!!
You'll prolly have to wait another 11 months for that rematch there purplesage. Looking forward to the Ferry Riders making a visit to the Ed. I hope none of the kids get stage fright. It will be a long night if so. 8)

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Woooooo!!! Taken shots already. And I was really nice to you folks last year after we failed to show up with our overachieving youth!!!! Well those overachieving youth. Are one year more experienced and hopefully a bit more disciplined and surely much bigger and better than last year!!! The Burg has been really good lately and appears to be continuing that trend but I'll put my bets on this not being a repeat of last year!!!!

Return to “Football”