wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

Post by loganlocos »

moonshine wrote:I heard last night the RB for the Buchtel Boy's is out due to an injury!
Heard Coach Boston expects the running back (Mount) to be fine.

He's not as confident about TE/LB Dakota Mays be available on Friday.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

wasnt there something about tranfers a few weeks ago going to be playing soon??

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I've heard they may have been a couple kids who transferred last school year who will be eligible after the first 9 weeks.

I'm not sure when the 9 weeks are up. I think that might be a couple weeks away yet.

I'll see what I can find out.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

I look for this game to be a little closer then people think. Nelsonville York has not been a team yet that has won a game. Both teams they have beat is 0-4. Logan plays a tougher schedule then they are given credit for.

I am cheering for the Buckeyes in this one. Trimble needs the points.

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

tomcatsroll wrote:I look for this game to be a little closer then people think. Nelsonville York has not been a team yet that has won a game. Both teams they have beat is 0-4. Logan plays a tougher schedule then they are given credit for.

I am cheering for the Buckeyes in this one. Trimble needs the points.
lol What does Trimble need the points for. You're in div 7 this year and into league play in the Hocking. Need the points :lol: :lol: Your first level points will be enough..

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not really ... Shadyside and Steubenville Central Catholic are right on Trimble's heals ... they will have a ton of points by seasons end as well.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

I see NY taking this one.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Caleb Lewellen is OUT for year. Surgery coming. Nick Maniskas should play this week.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Logan grad wrote:Caleb Lewellen is OUT for year. Surgery coming. Nick Maniskas should play this week.
Sorry to hear that Logan grad. Hope his surgery comes out ok. Good to hear Dig-um Jr might be back.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Check that. Nick 50-50

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Anyone from Logan want to pm me some history? SEOAL titles.. playoff records etc.... I would really appreciate it!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO BUCKS GO!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hey dundas just go to loganfootball.com and you'll find all you need there.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is a game I detest. The long time series is heavily in Logan's favor by a WIDE margin. In most years, Logan learns nothing and players gain little in competition by whipping N-Y by huge scores. What few wins for N-Y are of little consequence when Logan is down. Competitively the game makes no sense for either side. And is typical of SEO football. Surely better minds have to prevail to schedule better teams for each to play to gain competition and actually learn something. Same with the Lancaster game. Both are wasted games on the schedule. Kinda like Jackson scheduling Wellston, Waverly and Vinton Co. every year. No competition, players gain nothing and program goes nowhere.

So, most years Logan is going to win and usually by big scores. N-Y wins precious few and only when Logan down, which isn't often. If Burke is smart this game will disappear.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The schools are too disproportionate in size,Logan has nothing to gain and everything to lose in respect to winning or losing.If they win they should win, but if they lose it makes Logan look weak.No disrespect to N-Y they have a great program, but if Lancaster is too big for Logan then N-Y is definitely too small.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Who do you guys want to play? Loudonville was a playoff team last year and N-Y is a traditional playoff team with many playoff appearances. Why is it that none of you complained about playing a terrible Newark program? Is it just because they are D1? Why is it that you think the team can learn something beating a terrible D1 school but not by losing to a D5 or D6 playoff team? I would think you learn more against which ever team is better on the field not by which one has more kids in the school. Just because a team is smaller doesn't mean they can't bring something to the table and prepare a team for future success. Look at D1 St. Ignatius, they play two D7 schools this year and one of them is a one win school from Canada for petes sake, but hey who are they to know anything a competitive schedule? I mean they only have 11 D1 state titles to their credit. Guys it is a simple process, you first have to learn to crawl before you can walk and some of you want this team to walk on water when it comes to scheduling. I love the passion of Logan fans, it is one of the things that I always admired about your program but you guys need to relax a bit. If I were you, I would encourage the AD to play teams you can compete with (not cupcakes either but comparable talent at any division), which will get fans back in the stands, get players back on the field, allow players to build some confidence, then build the schedule up with higher level teams. Just my opinion from the outside looking in, that and a buck will get you a coffee on Friday evening.

Iggy25
Waterboy

Post by Iggy25 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Who do you guys want to play? Loudonville was a playoff team last year and N-Y is a traditional playoff team with many playoff appearances. Why is it that none of you complained about playing a terrible Newark program? Is it just because they are D1? Why is it that you think the team can learn something beating a terrible D1 school but not by losing to a D5 or D6 playoff team? I would think you learn more against which ever team is better on the field not by which one has more kids in the school. Just because a team is smaller doesn't mean they can't bring something to the table and prepare a team for future success. Look at D1 St. Ignatius, they play two D7 schools this year and one of them is a one win school from Canada for petes sake, but hey who are they to know anything a competitive schedule? I mean they only have 11 D1 state titles to their credit. Guys it is a simple process, you first have to learn to crawl before you can walk and some of you want this team to walk on water when it comes to scheduling. I love the passion of Logan fans, it is one of the things that I always admired about your program but you guys need to relax a bit. If I were you, I would encourage the AD to play teams you can compete with (not cupcakes either but comparable talent at any division), which will get fans back in the stands, get players back on the field, allow players to build some confidence, then build the schedule up with higher level teams. Just my opinion from the outside looking in, that and a buck will get you a coffee on Friday evening.
I will just note the only reason Ignatius has two D7's is because nobody in the state will schedule the Wildcats. Too good so most don't schedule. Private so some don't schedule for that reason. One D7 equivalent is a football academy in Maryland and one is in Canada just to have a tenth game. We don't play in a conference. Heck, we only play three in state teams. And this week we get the #19 team in the country and we are on the verge of a ranking. Started in the top 25, but had two HUGE injuries. End of pointless rant.

Regardless, Logan should not be mad about this matchup. The Chieftans will get better. Right now, you have a really tough schedule and play up a bit. Just focus on the rebuild. I can't agree more that Logan should schedule a few programs and teams that will make a winnable game for the Chiefs. That will bring kids out. Start building a winning atmosphere. This is a game where injuries are key. How hurt is Mount? How many players are out for Logan?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Everyone, like it or not , can control their non-league scheduling. That's what this is about. Getting teams that challenges you to get better, not win 80% of your games against them with little chance of winning. Teams will have up and down cycles, but simply being in the playoffs one year or so doesn't make you a competitive program.. Bigger schools, which Logan is, will provide better overall competition year after year if similar schools are played. Look at the overall series with N-Y. It is a joke. Certainly when Logan is down, N-Y can win. But look at what happens when Logan isn't down and look at the scores. Lancaster is a program who runs a disproportionate program with multiple Jr. Hi schools AND a larger enrollment. That's a foolish match-up. Pickerington North used to be a patsy. Look at them now. Same for Reynoldsburg. You schedule people you have a chance to compete with and can expect to win 50% of the time. When you win 80% of the time or more, move on. Nothing to be gained. The same is true if you are losing to a team 80% of the time or more over extended years.

This is the major reason most in SEO football FAIL come playoff time or meet a fate of a butt kicking playing outside the region where others challenge their players with better schedules. Loudonville won't be on the schedule long and neither should N-Y or Lancaster. Look at the long term series. Both should be replaced.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

The fact that NY ever beats logan is a great win for NY and says how bad a program Logan really is for a school their size. It's a good game for NY and a no win situation for Logan. So maybe paladin is right maybe they shouldnt play and just have logan go play a city school and give that money to them instead of keeping it at home. Schools this close should always play IMO

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

NEWS FLASH, the bullpuppies will replace Lancaster on Logan's schedule starting in 2015, They finely accepted Logan contract!

Return to “Football”