Valley 28 Portsmouth 19

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Week 1 Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by Crab's Brother »

izladoom wrote:I just seen where van buren won 70-7 not sure how good the team was they played tho
They beat a D7 team but that team made the playoffs last season. Indians should have their hands full next week.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Great game by two good teams. The Trojans are much much much much much much improved from last season. Our defense played great tonight. It is a world's difference from last season. We had a great crowd that was into the game. We had some inconsistency on offense however. We have the speed and, but we struggled with the QB position. Hopefully Wedebrook brushes off this game, and is ready to redeem himself next Friday. We should be fine this season.

Valley is very good again. Rolfe did exceptionally well for a sophomore QB with his 1st varsity start. Valley's play-calling is great, very good at mixing things up. Also, Darren Crabtree is true class-act--choosing to take the victory formation on the 1-yard line.

Also, I'd like to add that if Clifford really did the radio with Roger Gray, then that's absolutely ridiculous. All he's trying to do is steal the thunder from Coach Sparks, and still try to make everything about him. I'm sure Roger couldn't have commented on how well-improved the Trojans are from last season, and how it's a night and day difference from last season. Go Trojans

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

I caught the last quarter in the radio and Clifford sounded good, sounded like the game of the night also sounded like like phs dropped a touchdown to take the lead late in the game

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:I caught the last quarter in the radio and Clifford sounded good, sounded like the game of the night also sounded like like phs dropped a touchdown to take the lead late in the game

Clifford did a good job last night ..helped roger out tremendously IMO ....and complimented the Portsmouth players as needed as well as the valley players ....overall good game I feel valley wore Portsmouth down in late 3rd qtr and early 4th and both teams played hard and no one was injured on either team... As far as wedebrook he was under pressure and got hit a lot and was hit as he threw one of the picks if not both picks ...he will be fine, good kid and to good an athlete

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Went to this one. Portsmouth is much better. This is the second year in a row they looked like they were going to beat Valley and did not. Not sure how a school the size of Valley has been able to reload with talent the last 3 or so years. All the enrollments are down and kids don't come out like they used to..

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Scarlet_Gray, you have no clue! (Classless) I listened to the game and Clifford did a very good job. He gave very good insight on the game & very professional. If you didn't listen to the game then you don't know.

Return to “Football”