Logan Vs Shadyside

surfsider
All State

Re: Logan Vs Shadyside

Post by surfsider »

Shadyside lost some great senior leadership, including Indiana U. recruit Austin Dorris (as a receiver), who was all-everything QB.
Defensively, the Tigers are usually strong under coach Holenka. It may take a few games for their offense to find its way. Maybe by Game 6 they'll put it all together.

For what it's worth I'll say Shadyside hangs in there with Logan. The Tigers don't lose at Fleming Field very often.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Shadyside will beat Logan if this game is at Shadyside. Loudonville beat Logan this past season (if memory serves me correctly) and Shadyside has had no less than 6 wins every year since 2001. As a matter of fact, they're averaging 10 wins a season in that time span.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Is this game final? To talk about the game
I find it odd Shadyside would play Logan next year, Shadyside lost a lot
Shadyside probably don't schedule games by going on how good they think their team will be, they had a hole to fill just as the Chiefs did.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Logan grad wrote:Now I remember why I stopped commenting on things....

I have no idea what is being discussed now...
Logan pissing off everyone in SEO. i guess Logan forgets they play an all SEO schedule
No LOGAN isnt but a select few of EXPERTS that root for Logan are upsettting the other EXPERTS in a major league pissing contest it seems. :122248 :122248

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Looking up a match up with last seasons Logan team and Shadyside's playoff team shows CalPreps picked Logan 22-21. I expect Logan to be much better and Shadyside to be not as good as last season. Shadyside had a weak schedule last year and could only get 9 games. Many of their opponents had losing records and having coached against some of those programs years ago, the Tigers will be over matched against the Chiefs.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

LICKING COUNTY LEAGUE SAYS NO TO LOGAN story in local papers soon

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That su(ks!! Pretty sad too. Looking more and more like indy is right around the corner. The Chiefs will be fine imo, whatever they have to do.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Logan grad wrote:LICKING COUNTY LEAGUE SAYS NO TO LOGAN story in local papers soon
With all due respect, Logan was not a viable (nor attractive) candidate for the LCL.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw some OCC schools are rumored into going to the LCL. Might open up a spot for Logan to the OCC

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

We can only hope.Them guys don't like coming down here, but if push comes to shove to fill spots maybe they take a flyer.It's not that bad since the by-pass opened years ago.Getting through Lancaster at rush hour was a bear and still is for that matter.Only problem I see is that Carroll intersection,some nights the traffic is backed clear up to Pickerington to get through there. :evil:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yeah, most of them wouldn't want to come down here. Don't understand it, straight smooth shot all the way down 33. Bolt, they could leave early to beat the rush hour if they wanted, but like you say, we can only hope. I know going indy would be aggravating for the AD but that looks to be what's coming. But I think we will be fine, heck the fans might like the change, build some new rivalries and play some different schools. Change can be good sometimes. 8)

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Paladin wrote:Logan's situation now is that they are too good for most of SEO, too tough and most here suffer with Chieftain envy. The "bigger" argument falls flat. Logan has and does play bigger but few of the "biggers" want to leave Columbus to come to Hocking Co. to play. Yet that argument for SEO holds true -- most of SEO runs from competition, be it a bigger school or one that IS TOUGHER.. Size often has nothing to do with it. Just be tougher ( while smaller) and watch SEO people run from you. Its endemic.

The long and the short of it is LOgan will seek out bigger schools, smaller schools who are tough and even parochials to fill its schedule. Logan will play anyone WILLING to play ( and travel to Hocking Co.).
From 2010-2012 (three seasons), Logan went 4-21 against DI-DIII schools, only playing 5 games against schools at least two divisions smaller than them.

In 2013-2014, Logan went 2-7 against DI-DIII and 9-2 against DIV and lower.

But yeah, you keep selling that "size doesn't matter" and that it is everyone else who is running from competition.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

enigmaax wrote:
Paladin wrote:Logan's situation now is that they are too good for most of SEO, too tough and most here suffer with Chieftain envy. The "bigger" argument falls flat. Logan has and does play bigger but few of the "biggers" want to leave Columbus to come to Hocking Co. to play. Yet that argument for SEO holds true -- most of SEO runs from competition, be it a bigger school or one that IS TOUGHER.. Size often has nothing to do with it. Just be tougher ( while smaller) and watch SEO people run from you. Its endemic.

The long and the short of it is LOgan will seek out bigger schools, smaller schools who are tough and even parochials to fill its schedule. Logan will play anyone WILLING to play ( and travel to Hocking Co.).
From 2010-2012 (three seasons), Logan went 4-21 against DI-DIII schools, only playing 5 games against schools at least two divisions smaller than them.

In 2013-2014, Logan went 2-7 against DI-DIII and 9-2 against DIV and lower.

But yeah, you keep selling that "size doesn't matter" and that it is everyone else who is running from competition.
Have you not noticed that people are talking about a completely different the subject matter now? The one that actually matters, the game. You couldn't just leave this part alone? Talk about that game people, that's what this thread is about.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Have you not noticed that people are talking about a completely different the subject matter now? The one that actually matters, the game. You couldn't just leave this part alone? Talk about that game people, that's what this thread is about.
Did you notice that I responded directly to another post? That is how conversation works.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looks like the third post went off topic.

Both teams needed a game for 2015 and Shadyside in the end came back and Logan was willing to go with it even if it was for one game.
I know it is a small school but with other teams around Ohio scheduling small out of state or even out of country to fill their schedule..... I don't see a problem with it.
It will be a game between to schools with outstanding programs.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

formerfcfan wrote:
Logan grad wrote:LICKING COUNTY LEAGUE SAYS NO TO LOGAN story in local papers soon
With all due respect, Logan was not a viable (nor attractive) candidate for the LCL.
I agree that it wasn't the most ideal situation but it could of worked I think.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan grad wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:
I agree that it wasn't the most ideal situation but it could of worked I think.

Sounds like they just didn't want the travel time to Logan.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan grad wrote:And for the record I have ties to Logan and I have never ragged on another school. And I dont agree Logan runs from competition but it makes no sense to schedule teams that are just going to throttle you when you cant compete just to satisfy the masses who think you have a weak schedule.
O
How many JV kids did Logan have?
How many kids were on the freshman team?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Shadyside lost a lot of talent, but I still think it will be a good game.

The Chiefs problem seems to be staying healthy so that will factor into the game.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logan had a total of 53 Frosh through senior. They graduated 12. And lost at least 5 to moving/grades/etc. Logan has 36 kids that they are counting on next fall. That came directly from a coach

Return to “Football”