WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

at's what I'm talking about.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

IBTT wrote:
    This year will be all Tigers. Different team altogether than last year. Last year there were a couple of kids really wanting it, this year I see more back in the weight room. I would always like to see more, but I have seen a commitment from the coaching staff and from the kids who plan on being starters and main back ups. Hopefully more will start showing up and make themselves better. The work before the season is what makes the difference durring the season. Ironton is very talented this year. One of those years that it has fallen that way. Let's see what happens with it.

What are the marquee games for Ironton this year? What are the must wins to say "we have arrived?"

IBTT
    All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Always Burg is a good game but not always a make it or break it game. It is the first game of the season and as we saw last season with the Buckeyes Virginia Tech didn't have much to say about how good Ohio State was. First game jitters and kids learning the speed of the varsity game for the first time along with a number of things feed into that first game. Believe it or not Russell is a big game. They are a larger school than Ironton and they have a mighty fine coach who won a whole lotta games with Raceland over the years with a much smaller school. He beat the Ashland Tomcats on a regular basis with a lot less kids. Week 3 Beachwood will be a game who tells us if we are up to playing like we used to be. They have been the Ironton of Kentucky for many years and it will take a dang good team to win this game. If we are undefeated after this game and injury free I would feel pretty good if I was Irontons coaching staff. Of course, at Ironton we take it one game at at time. Those three games will be a nice yardstick. Next will be Ashland. That is our rival and they have a mighty fine running back who is going to Marshall next year. There will be plenty of good competition for anybody who was worried that Ironton joining the OVC was going to be weaker competition. I don't know how a school our size could get much stronger competition and stay healthy and expect to have a chance to win a game. I think it's a perfect fit.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
    SEOPS Hippo

great summary don't forget coal grove.and Portsmouth is our longest rival--and looking to rebound after some poor years of football but decades of dominance to draw on.honestly I know little of anything else of the rest of the ovc. my hopes are that the ovc become a very powerful conference overall

Piratefan2
    Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Portsmouth and CG won't be much of a test for Ironton but as mentioned....Russell and Beachwood will be a good test. I think Burg will still give Ironton fits on week 1 and who knows who will win that one????? It will take a few games into the season to see if Ironton is the real deal or not! Look at Burg last year...we thought we might of REALLY had something going (being undefeated) until the Jackson game and boy did they have our number! LOL
    Last edited by Piratefan2 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
    SEOPS Hippo

Jackson was a beast. we were all they wanted last year. but just not enough horses.honestly I was very surprised what they did to burg last year. they have a fine program going there. unfortunately they'll likely be independent a long time now as ironton was for many years. it sure makes scheduling tough.but it gives you the opportunity to play some heavy weights.

Piratefan2
    Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:Jackson was a beast. we were all they wanted last year. but just not enough horses.honestly I was very surprised what they did to burg last year. they have a fine program going there. unfortunately they'll likely be independent a long time now as ironton was for many years. it sure makes scheduling tough.but it gives you the opportunity to play some heavy weights.
    you got that right!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
    SEOPS Hippo

what a wonderful atmosphere there in Jackson. beautiful stadium, great parking, festive atmosphere. reminds me a lot of ironton, burg's atmosphere.

Piratefan2
    Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I like the apple cider myself LOL

Jolly P(irate)
    SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PirateFan2 wrote:I like the apple cider myself LOL
    :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
    SEOPS Hippo

me too and them sausage sammiches with mustard.

osu 77
    All State

Post by osu 77 »

fbnut wrote:
    Sport Fan wrote:
    tigercannon71 wrote:Burg dropped Coal Grove because they knew that they didn't have anything coming back and they didn't want to risk losing to the Hornets next season. This comes from sources very very close to the Burg.

LOL... BLA, BLA, BLA... Time will tell..... Burg is down and Ironton is better.. After the 2 game blowouts last year..... I will say Burg 42 and Ironton 21
    Lost all credibility with his first statement, it's just not true. Burg lost some very good players but they return a lot of good players. Funny 2years ago when the millers graduated people were saying no way they will be as good after losing all those stats. I think most people would agree they did ok last year :lol:
    I think the difference in this game will be coaching and I believe the Burg holds a major advantage in that area.

Tigercannon71
    SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Interesting news out of Jackson, after last years game Burg called up and tried to buy out the remaining games from that series.

I look for this to be a close game Ironton comes out on top though 28-24

fbnut
    SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:Interesting news out of Jackson, after last years game Burg called up and tried to buy out the remaining games from that series.

I've also heard there trying to move from SOC2 down to SOC1. :lol:

Tigercannon71
    SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

fbnut wrote:
    tigercannon71 wrote:Interesting news out of Jackson, after last years game Burg called up and tried to buy out the remaining games from that series.

Laugh all you want, but that comes from a very reliable source very close to the program who knows why they are talking about.

fbnut
    SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:
    fbnut wrote:

Laugh all you want, but that comes from a very reliable source very close to the program who knows why they are talking about.
    oh my bad, it has to be true then :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
    SEOPS Hippo

does any tiger or pirate fans have any probable lineups including sizes and grades of what we may see week 1.

callie11
    Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

T C 71 I know for a fact , your full of CRAP

Tigercannon71
    SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

callie11 wrote:T C 71 I know for a fact , your full of CRAP

See you can't prove me wrong because I'm correct on what I said so all you can come back with is hate. It's cool I can handle it. Go ask around and you'll find out I'm telling the truth on what I said.

wobycat
    SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I could see that. Jackson is a bigger school and has some terrific teams coming up. Burg may try to pick up a team that they can win and help them in points. They will play them if they have too though.

Return to “Football”