Waverly(27) @ (31)West

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK 8 SOC 2: Waverly (5-2) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:40 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Why do Burg fans choose to sit in lawn chairs on the opposing teams side? I know they have done it for years, I have never understood this. It's just asking for trouble IMO...
Because the home stands aren't big enough.... it's nice to have a seat and be able to to see and breath. It's burgs stadium not our oppositions. I think burg should fill both sides of the stadium!
Ignorant.
Lol chill out. Seriously the home stands aren't big enough. Also some burg people let their kids play on the hill. Easier to sit there and watch them and have a nice seat.. in all honesty it's kind of an ignorant question.... assuming you can think for yourself, it's really not hard to figure out why people sit in camp chairs.. burg has a big fan base and the bleachers aren't big enough.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Is it sad that I'm almost as excited for this game as I was the burg Jackson game?! I love seo football!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:11 pm
Sports-nut wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:03 pm A must win for the Tigers. From what I've seen on video is that West is not very good in pass coverage. I look for Howell, and the Wolf brothers to have a big game. Now before the West fans lose their minds on me, I also seen West gain chunks of yards on the ground and by using short passes. I'm not even going to try pick a winner cause it's going to be a close game IMO
Staggs was tied for interceptions in the state of Ohio
That's a pretty good, but he can't cover the ENTIRE field. Waverly had like 30 total rushing yards against Burg but still put up 20 points due to their passing. Accurate QB with strong arm and quick receivers with good hands. Gonna be a good game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's try talking about the game and not arguing......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:50 pm
Oak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:41 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am

We beat Burg numerous times in numerous sports while I was in high school. Good try though.
Not possible. Burg is the Gold Standard of football. Teams should be greatful to survive the games let alone win. Burg Burg Burg.
Find another team comparable in the last 20 years. Burg fans are obnoxious. I’m one of them but your sarcasm doesn’t work when it’s a fact.
I think I just heard a mic drop!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This is the most ridiculous thread ever. MOD’s should lock it down and someone start a new one where the conversation is about the actual topic.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 pm This is the most ridiculous thread ever. MOD’s should lock it down and someone start a new one where the conversation is about the actual topic.
I've already told everyone to stay on topic and if that doesn't happen their won't be a topic about this game.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 pm This is the most ridiculous thread ever. MOD’s should lock it down and someone start a new one where the conversation is about the actual topic.
How many freshman and sophomores is Waverly starting now??

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

West 3
Waverly 2

nowadays
Waterboy

Post by nowadays »

BurgGrad6 says that he has seen West 3 times on film. Question is has someone from the Burg been filming West this year. I cant see West giving Wheelersburg 3 game films so far with only playing 6 games prior to this past week. If Burg has already requested films from 3 other teams already they must be worrying a little about West.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm
I believe 2 Freshman & 2 Sophomores, maybe more.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:59 am
Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

I still like West in this one 35-21
I don't see how Waverly was anymore more "mouthy and chest pumping" than Burg was. I bet Burg had just as many, if not more, unsportsmanlike penalties thrown on them.
Waverly has NEVER to my knowledge been known to be a mouthy, multiple personal foul type team. I'm sure that's why it stood out more. I did however say Burg does this to.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 pm
Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:57 am After Watching Burg and Waverly, this game could get out of hand. Not scoring, but personal fouls. Waverly was VERY mouthy and chest pumping. While I know Burg does their share of this too at times, West has always been a team that not only doesn't take sh!t, but they feed it back and then some. Between the two teams if they both get into a Pissing contest, the refs might be VERY BUSY!

I still like West in this one 35-21
I don't see how Waverly was anymore more "mouthy and chest pumping" than Burg was. I bet Burg had just as many, if not more, unsportsmanlike penalties thrown on them.
Waverly has NEVER to my knowledge been known to be a mouthy, multiple personal foul type team. I'm sure that's why it stood out more. I did however say Burg does this to.
One of your kids ripped our qb's helmet off and threw it, and he tried to do it to our fullback the play before.
He should have been ejected and I'm still perplexed as to why he wasn't.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 pm

One of your kids ripped our qb's helmet off and threw it, and he tried to do it to our fullback the play before.
Was it flagged?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Neutron Man wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Was it flagged?
Yes it was flagged. For whatever reason the officials decided not to throw him out.
I watched it 4 or 5 times that Saturday and it was obvious at the game it was done on purpose and even more so when I watched it on video.
The only thing I can think was that our QB laughed it off and just grabbed his helmet and went back to playing football.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nowadays wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 pm BurgGrad6 says that he has seen West 3 times on film. Question is has someone from the Burg been filming West this year. I cant see West giving Wheelersburg 3 game films so far with only playing 6 games prior to this past week. If Burg has already requested films from 3 other teams already they must be worrying a little about West.
There is no worry in the Burg house. When you have some common opponents. Examples being Fairland and Minford. You already have film on them for week 10. And you’ll get more, from Valley. Then what West gives. But all that aside. Burg may have the film. But they sure as hell ain’t worried about them. Or maybe they are. Word around the West Side is they will shut the Burg out. Like 50-0?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Go to another thread and bicker this is pointless and only shows the amount of class that is going to be used come week 10 by both sides. Quite frankly I'm amazed that no one has said "well let's hope West travels to burg and doesn't tear stuff up this time around". Get over yourselves SHEESH. Move on grow up and wait till week 10 and just incase that wasn't enough there's a good chance you could meet up in the playoffs as well. You want to discuss the Waverly and West game then go for it you want to try and see who gets the last word in go elsewhere, dang. This is the reason why people just can't enjoy a site like this.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm
I believe 2 Freshman & 2 Sophomores, maybe more.
Knew they had a freshman corner and had heard they moved freshman WR up do to all the injuries. How many senior starters will Waverly lose after this season?? I know the big hit is going to be in the backfield with QB and RB graduating.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 am Go to another thread and bicker this is pointless and only shows the amount of class that is going to be used come week 10 by both sides. Quite frankly I'm amazed that no one has said "well let's hope West travels to burg and doesn't tear stuff up this time around". Get over yourselves SHEESH. Move on grow up and wait till week 10 and just incase that wasn't enough there's a good chance you could meet up in the playoffs as well. You want to discuss the Waverly and West game then go for it you want to try and see who gets the last word in go elsewhere, dang. This is the reason why people just can't enjoy a site like this.
Exactly. It really gets old. This used to be a good site. They need to crack down on the multiple logins and clean it up

As far as the game I could see both teams struggling to stop the other. It could be a high scoring game. Waverly has to stop the run. If they don't West will control the clock and wear Waverly out. West doesn't have to stop the pass, just slow them down and make them one dimensional. Contrary to what's been said one here West plays solid pass defense. They just tend to play bend but don't break till they have to. I think it will be a good game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 am Go to another thread and bicker this is pointless and only shows the amount of class that is going to be used come week 10 by both sides. Quite frankly I'm amazed that no one has said "well let's hope West travels to burg and doesn't tear stuff up this time around". Get over yourselves SHEESH. Move on grow up and wait till week 10 and just incase that wasn't enough there's a good chance you could meet up in the playoffs as well. You want to discuss the Waverly and West game then go for it you want to try and see who gets the last word in go elsewhere, dang. This is the reason why people just can't enjoy a site like this.
Exactly. It really gets old. This used to be a good site. They need to crack down on the multiple logins and clean it up

As far as the game I could see both teams struggling to stop the other. It could be a high scoring game. Waverly has to stop the run. If they don't West will control the clock and wear Waverly out. West doesn't have to stop the pass, just slow them down and make them one dimensional. Contrary to what's been said one here West plays solid pass defense. They just tend to play bend but don't break till they have to. I think it will be a good game.
Wow. I think the world is going to end. I actually agree with you on something. Waverly’s run D is suspect. They gave up nearly 300 yards on the Ground to Burg. (Not bringing it up to boast) They will have to play solid run D. One thing I have noticed is West struggles throwing the ball. When the QB is moving he is not accurate. Idk why they roll him out. If, IF, Waverly can stop the run, I think they win by 7. If not, they lose by 14-21.

Return to “Football”