Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it just cracks me up ya'll calling ironton posters cocky and arrogant. and here you are playing one of the top teams in the state playoff wise in a down year. and ya'll are already talking about a runnin clock pirate. you're talking about a team capable of going 4-6 and winning the right games , then making the playoffs and possibly winning state once they are playing teams their size finally. a team that is capable of winning multiple state titles in a decade, and ya'll are already talking a running clock.teams like this swith 9/10 guys out at a time. I know I watched ironton rassle with teams like this for decades, wattersons , desales, Hartley's. etc. even with Watterson having a bad year, this would be a tall task beating Watterson, but I hope you do. I'm rooting for ya'll to.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Personally I think since Watterson is going to have running clock put on them and burg has all but beat them 30 some. I think Burg ought to start scheduling Div 2 or 1 schools just for it to be a game. Lol I told everyone a few weeks back of there thinking . Maybe Watterspn will save there starters for next week and no one will get hurt. Just a thought here.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

:lol: I had to jump in on this one. I saw Burg against Heath. The Burg took a while to get rolling. I see Burg needing to resort to the passing game as a bigger d line will give them trouble. If they have time to pass. Watterson is going to be a truck load and show many different looks on offense and defense. The stiffer competition will be good for Burg to grow upon. Burg is always up for the challenge and very well coached and kids play their tails off. I see this being close if not a loss for Burg. Let's hope not.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Also, remember. 9/11. God Bless America and all the brave folks who keep us safe so we can watch high school football on Friday nights and cheer for our favorite teams.

Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 pm Also, remember. 9/11. God Bless America and all the brave folks who keep us safe so we can watch high school football on Friday nights and cheer for our favorite teams.
Very well said buddy

SOC 1
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:45 pm it just cracks me up ya'll calling ironton posters cocky and arrogant. and here you are playing one of the top teams in the state playoff wise in a down year. and ya'll are already talking about a runnin clock pirate. you're talking about a team capable of going 4-6 and winning the right games , then making the playoffs and possibly winning state once they are playing teams their size finally. a team that is capable of winning multiple state titles in a decade, and ya'll are already talking a running clock.teams like this swith 9/10 guys out at a time. I know I watched ironton rassle with teams like this for decades, wattersons , desales, Hartley's. etc. even with Watterson having a bad year, this would be a tall task beating Watterson, but I hope you do. I'm rooting for ya'll to.
Some people are just ignorant, Bait. It is what it is. These kids know they are going to have their hands full. I don't think the cute stuff is going to work this week. No jet sweeps, read options. Just run it right at them and take the 3 or 4 yards a carry. That will get the job done. When Holden gets free the qb has to put it on him. Slot guys are going to play a huge roll Friday night too. Crisp routes will be key. Defense just needs to play the way they have been. Hit low and hard. Burg can definitely win this game. Can't wait.
Last edited by Jolly P(irate) on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Watterson is bad, any team around would beat them probably

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

24sevenfootball wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm Watterson is bad, any team around would beat them probably
Name 'em.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

Getting pumped for this game! Potentially, the best regular season opponent we face will be this week.These are the types of games that provide the tools we need to make it deep. That atmosphere should be impossible to tell from a playoff game.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

The comments about SEO teams beating Watterson are beyond idiotic. But I'll be at this game and hoping for an SEO win over a big school! Burg 42-7

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:45 pm it just cracks me up ya'll calling ironton posters cocky and arrogant. and here you are playing one of the top teams in the state playoff wise in a down year. and ya'll are already talking about a runnin clock pirate. you're talking about a team capable of going 4-6 and winning the right games , then making the playoffs and possibly winning state once they are playing teams their size finally. a team that is capable of winning multiple state titles in a decade, and ya'll are already talking a running clock.teams like this swith 9/10 guys out at a time. I know I watched ironton rassle with teams like this for decades, wattersons , desales, Hartley's. etc. even with Watterson having a bad year, this would be a tall task beating Watterson, but I hope you do. I'm rooting for ya'll to.
Some people are just ignorant, Bait. It is what it is. These kids know they are going to have their hands full. I don't think the cute stuff is going to work this week. No jet sweeps, read options. Just run it right at them and take the 3 or 4 yards a carry. That will get the job done. When Holden gets free the qb has to put it on him. Slot guys are going to play a huge roll Friday night too. Crisp routes will be key. Defense just needs to play the way they have been. Hit low and hard. Burg can definitely win this game. Can't wait.
that's the most sensible post I've read in a while.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 pmJust run it right at them and take the 3 or 4 yards a carry. That will get the job done.
I've always been a believer that most successful programs are built in January and February in the weight room. And I've got a ton of respect for coaches, especially at public schools where the challenge is greater, to build long-term commitment and dedication to an exceptional strength program. Guys like Rob Woodward, Ken Schriner, Ed Nasonti, Dan McSurley, Brian Haffele, etc have all done a great job of building that tradition in buildings not typically full of a tons of natural athletes like a D1 or private or MAC school. Any fan with an inkling of understanding about what goes into building lines can see and respect a team that has done that just by seeing them on the field. Wheelersburg's Woodward has done that. He's certainly gotten help from other coaches and a community that backs and supports him, but, in the end, it still comes down to leadership that can inspire kids.

That being said, I don't see a path to winning this game by running it right at Watterson on any play needing more than a yard.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

That video doesn't make Watterson look very athletic.

I think what Wheelersburg faces when they play teams out of this area is they could care less who wheelersburg is. These teams aren't intimidated by the side show. They just play football.

A large portion of the teams around here are stuck in the 50's defensively. Wheelersburg is talented, but they also take advantage of teams like Ironton who's coaching has no idea how to defend a spread offense. Watterson will be well coached and if they have the athletes they will make it a game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am That video doesn't make Watterson look very athletic.

I think what Wheelersburg faces when they play teams out of this area is they could care less who wheelersburg is. These teams aren't intimidated by the side show. They just play football.

A large portion of the teams around here are stuck in the 50's defensively. Wheelersburg is talented, but they also take advantage of teams like Ironton who's coaching has no idea how to defend a spread offense. Watterson will be well coached and if they have the athletes they will make it a game.
I don't know what to think of this post. Are you saying burg is a side show that takes advantage of poor coaching? I'm not sure how to let people know where they can understand it but burg has been a good program for over 30 years. They've had maybe one or two losing seasons in that span. They aren't the best year end and year out but they are well coached and give it all they can. A few years back west hammered them like 42-7 or something. They had like four seniors and relied heavily on the sophomores. That year most teams would have had a losing season. They went 7-3.

This year they have all that, and they are talented and deep. Sure they are beatable but I've seen a lot of burg teams and this one is definitely top 5. Can that translate to a state championship? I don't know because it's difficult to win 5 tough playoff games but I think they have a shot. As far as this game, burg is better. People think because they are a D3 Columbus team that plays D2 or D3 that it's going to take a miracle for a D5 team to beat them. On this game, I don't think so. I'll say 35-14

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:03 pm Best team Burg will play until Columbus academy in the playoffs. Burg 14 Watterson 3
Your smokin Crack, JACKSON IRONMEN

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

24sevenfootball wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:03 pm Best team Burg will play until Columbus academy in the playoffs. Burg 14 Watterson 3
Wow. This is the place for that kind of talk...

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

24sevenfootball wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 pm
Raider is probably right, not certain Jackson has much this year.

In league play this might very well come down to a Week 10 showdown with West.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider takes any shot at Jackson he can. I would be disgruntled too if I couldn't win a small team league . Anyways , I don't blame burg fans for not respecting Jackson. Respect has to be earned .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Watterson plays the best of the best. If Burg beats Watterson 28-0, they go from the good slow SEO team that can't compete with the north's speed to the team to beat in D5. Gives people in Youngstown an opportunity to do our favorite thing, compare scores

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

One thing Atown has on Burg is Burg doesn't have a very overrated QB gathering splinters in Columbus.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”