Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

laser breath
Varsity

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by laser breath »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:54 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:51 pm
vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:50 pm

You're delusional, Minford handled D3 Wilmington who's line was much bigger and athletic than Jackson's or Ironton's. This year, Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and last week Washington Court House, who are usually two good program. Go ahead and underestimate Minford and predict a blow out, b/c your arrogance will be to your demise.

Also, FYI, I hate to burst your bubble, but Wheelersburg is not that best program in Southern Ohio small school football, so get over yourself. That title belongs to the Clinton-Massie Falcons who just beat Hartley for the second year in a row 24-14. 2018 the score was Massie 34-31.
Check your record books. 4th all time winning percentage in Ohio. Wilmington? Never heard of them.
Clinton Massie would destroy Wheelersburg 9/10 seasons .
Not even comparable.
Overall the history of southeastern Ohio for wins and dominance for their division belongs to burg

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Check your record books. 4th all time winning percentage in Ohio. Wilmington? Never heard of them.
Not even comparable.
Overall the history of southeastern Ohio for wins and dominance fo their division belongs to burg
I can’t even respond to this. Ok man 😂

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Not even comparable.
Overall the history of southeastern Ohio for wins and dominance fo their division belongs to burg
I dont remember Jackson nor Minford doing anything in their respective divisions.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:03 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I dont remember Jackson nor Minford doing anything in their respective divisions.
Wonder why people don’t like Burg posters. Just stay humble and keep working to get better.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Yeah ok. Wonder if other teams fans will do the same? Burg can’t have an opinion to say this game will be a running clock.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Not even comparable.
Overall the history of southeastern Ohio for wins and dominance for their division belongs to burg
You say you've never heard of Wilmington? That's probably b/c you've never been outside Scioto, Pike or Lawrence Co. lol! All my In-Laws are all Clinton-Massie grads and they've never heard of Wheelersburg until my wife moved down here.

You said the "Best program in So. Ohio," Now it's the best in their division?!?! WTF man, so which one is it?!?!? lol! That's also a false statement. Wheelersburg was in DIV for 30-years and movedto DV in the 2000s. So, then the crown still belongs to Ironton(D5) b/c they lead lWheelerburg in the overall series. :shock:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah ok. Wonder if other teams fans will do the same? Burg can’t have an opinion to say this game will be a running clock

Sure they can , but posters who know football know that Clinton Massie is EASILY the best program is southern ohio.

As far as Minford will probably be tough. Jackson physically whipped Burg all evening in all phases . Minford has some great skilled kids but not sure they are tough as Jackson across the board. Wish this game was Saturday

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Not even comparable.
Actually it belongs to Ironton. Remember them from week 1?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After watching the Burg - Jackson game last week, I do know that the Burg was not very successful in trying to tackle the Freshman QB from Jackson when he decided to tuck the ball and run with it. I know both teams this week have outstanding running backs, I don't know whether the QB for the Falcons runs the ball very much at all, or if he mostly preferred just throwing the ball. I also realize that Matchups sometimes dictate how the game will be played. I also said last week before the Burg- Ironmen game, that for Jackson to have a chance to win, that they would have to somewhat be able to contain Mathews. I feel the same about the Falcons. I haven't had a chance to see the running back from Minford, but I've been told that he's really good. I do know that Mathews, if healthy is a threat everytime he touches the ball, running, receiving, kickoff, punt return and what ever else he does. I hope it's a very good game between two very good teams. Lets also hope for an injury free game for both teams.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:16 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:12 pm Yeah ok. Wonder if other teams fans will do the same? Burg can’t have an opinion to say this game will be a running clock

Sure they can , but posters who know football know that Clinton Massie is EASILY the best program is southern ohio.

Yeah OK, but you don't see Minford or Jackson posters predicting blowouts, nor are they making totally absurd proclamations that their programs are, "The best in So. Ohio." Get real with yourself man! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Having seen both Wilmington and Burg, the lines are not comparable. Wilmington is much bigger, more physical and still very quick
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:19 pm After watching the Burg - Jackson game last week, I do know that the Burg was not very successful in trying to tackle the Freshman QB from Jackson when he decided to tuck the ball and run with it. I know both teams this week have outstanding running backs, I don't know whether the QB for the Falcons runs the ball very much at all, or if he mostly preferred just throwing the ball. I also realize that Matchups sometimes dictate how the game will be played. I also said last week before the Burg- Ironmen game, that for Jackson to have a chance to win, that they would have to somewhat be able to contain Mathews. I feel the same about the Falcons. I haven't had a chance to see the running back from Minford, but I've been told that he's really good. I do know that Mathews, if healthy is a threat everytime he touches the ball, running, receiving, kickoff, punt return and what ever else he does. I hope it's a very good game between two very good teams. Lets also hope for an injury free game for both teams.
The QB is the best athlete on the team and probably the fastest or second fastest behind Wiget.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:27 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:19 pm After watching the Burg - Jackson game last week, I do know that the Burg was not very successful in trying to tackle the Freshman QB from Jackson when he decided to tuck the ball and run with it. I know both teams this week have outstanding running backs, I don't know whether the QB for the Falcons runs the ball very much at all, or if he mostly preferred just throwing the ball. I also realize that Matchups sometimes dictate how the game will be played. I also said last week before the Burg- Ironmen game, that for Jackson to have a chance to win, that they would have to somewhat be able to contain Mathews. I feel the same about the Falcons. I haven't had a chance to see the running back from Minford, but I've been told that he's really good. I do know that Mathews, if healthy is a threat everytime he touches the ball, running, receiving, kickoff, punt return and what ever else he does. I hope it's a very good game between two very good teams. Lets also hope for an injury free game for both teams.
The QB is the best athlete on the team and probably the fastest or second fastest behind Wiget.
Thank you. I haven't had a chance to see the Falcons this year yet. I'm looking forward to seeing a great game between two very good teams.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 pm Does Burg fans pack Minford stadium or does the 3 losses keep fans home. This could be the SOC chip
Burg always travels well. Most stands can’t hold the crowd. Had to be the biggest gate for any team we play.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Not even comparable.
You say you've never heard of Wilmington? That's probably b/c you've never been outside Scioto, Pike or Lawrence Co. lol! All my In-Laws are all Clinton-Massie grads and they've never heard of Wheelersburg until my wife moved down here.

You said the "Best program in So. Ohio," Now it's the best in their division?!?! WTF man, so which one is it?!?!? lol! That's also a false statement. Wheelersburg was in DIV for 30-years and movedto DV in the 2000s. So, then the crown still belongs to Ironton(D5) b/c they lead lWheelerburg in the overall series. :shock:
Oh I’ve heard of them, just not the football team. Ironton was always a division higher than burg until about 10 years or so. Check the overall series last 10 seasons.

Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm
mattash wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:47 pm Does Burg fans pack Minford stadium or does the 3 losses keep fans home. This could be the SOC chip
Burg always travels well. Most stands can’t hold the crowd. Had to be the biggest gate for any team we play.
As far as Jackson in concerned, Burg crowd nowhere as big as Wellston .

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

laser breath wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Oh I’ve heard of them, just not the football team. Ironton was always a division higher than burg until about 10 years or so. Check the overall series last 10 seasons.

Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio.
Overall best teams the last 40-50 years in SEO in respect to their divisions I would say Ironton (AA, III, IV, V), Wheelersburg (A, IV, V), Nelsonville-York (A, IV,V,VI) and Trimble (A, IV,V,VI,VII) in that order with all having good conference and playoff success representing SEO . Let's just not add anymore divisions in the near future so every team can make the playoffs as 224 teams is enough. !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ok, so now you've went from, "The Best in So. Ohio,' to 'The best in SE. Ohio,' to 'The best in their Division,' to 'The best in their division in the past 10-yrs." You're so full of crap, it hilarious!

So what's next, I can't wait to hear it. lol! I bet it's "The best in Scioto Co...." I guess, I'd have to give you that.

The past 10-yrs is irrelevant, it's the overall series that matters, and that still belongs to Ironton no matter how you try and justify it. You're trying to pick and choose yrs still doesn't change the fact that overall Ironton owns your butt.

Check your DIV records on Massie in the past 10-yrs, and you'll see your proclamation "Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio," is false.

As far as Clinton-Massie, they are the best small school in So. Ohio football by leaps and bounds. And that's a fact Jack!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Ok, so now you've went from, "The Best in So. Ohio,' to 'The best in SE. Ohio,' to 'The best in their Division,' to 'The best in their division in the past 10-yrs." You're so full of crap, it hilarious!

So what's next, I can't wait to hear it. lol! I bet it's "The best in Scioto Co...." I guess, I'd have to give you that.

The past 10-yrs is irrelevant, it's the overall series that matters, and that still belongs to Ironton no matter how you try and justify it. You're trying to pick and choose yrs still doesn't change the fact that overall Ironton owns your butt.

Check your DIV records on Massie in the past 10-yrs, and you'll see your proclamation "Overall burg is the best overall to the respect to their division all time in southern Ohio," is false.

As far as Clinton-Massie, they are the best small school in So. Ohio football by leaps and bounds. And that's a fact Jack!
Clinton Massie has one state championship, so does burg in the last 10 years. What else you got. If burg was d4 and had more talent to choose from more enrollment, they’d be right with them, that’s A fact!

Burg is the best southern Ohio team with their respective divisions. Period.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

So.... Burg and Minford.

I think Minford might be ready to move that chip off of their shoulder this year.

Minford 28
Wheelersburg 17.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”