Transfers:

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Re: Transfers:

Post by Shoedaddy »

The Shoemaker boys left Chillicothe because they are extremely loyal to their family and know their uncle was done wrong there. While watching The Godfather, Payton heard Michael Corleone tell Fredo, "You never choose sides against the family." He hit pause and said, "Dad, I can't go to school there anymore. You never choose sides against the family." I spent thousands of dollars to change the dissolution agreement (He still loves his mother very much and doesn't spend any less time with her) so I was the residential parent. We probably could have contacted the OHSAA and discussed the new Bullying Law since teachers at his previous school were saying things to him about his uncle. His uncle was Superintendent and turned in a Principal that is now in prison for Sexual Assault, but for some reason the teachers were loyal to this pedaphile. But I've said to much. Both boys are happy at Waverly and would be regardless of sports and now get to go to school with their Stepsisters.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Re: Transfers:

Post by bigdogtaz »

Years ago the playoffs and rankings were determined by a different system and one could see a reason for better athletes to transfer it allowed a better forum for talents to be seen by next level scouts, modern day 8 team playoff and the internet so no longer a viable argument in my opinion , now days I think that recruitment happens in 80% of transfers, not just from coaches and schools but families and friends, that's my opinion at least here in southern Ohio in which the communities are so close , as for the academic aspect , why go to a school system and then transfer out for high school? Wouldn't one know way before them it had nothing to offer your child, to me it doesn't take near as much coaching to be successful with your team and 3 or 4 of the better athletes from around the area, as it does to produce and win with the cards a coach is dealt, but until the state implements rules to curb transfers for sports it will continue,be surprising to see the success of some programs if athletes stayed put, but this debate will go on through time and opinions are like a holes we all have one

Return to “Football”