Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

3sUp
Varsity

Re: Week 14 - Ironton (12-1) vs West Jefferson (12-1)

Post by 3sUp »

Good luck Ironton! Can’t wait to watch Saturday

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This may have already been addressed, and I may have just missed it, but unless I'm wrong I thought that I saw Jackson play WJ a few years ago at Jackson. Ironman92 would know for sure but for some reason it seems like there Head coach had either coached at Jackson, or had some connection to the Ironmen. I'm probably way off on this.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They also beat Mechanicsburg, still alive in division 6 final four by 8 points.

Mechanicsburg is currently 11-2, their other loss to W. Liberty Salem by 20 points.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:59 pm This may have already been addressed, and I may have just missed it, but unless I'm wrong I thought that I saw Jackson play WJ a few years ago at Jackson. Ironman92 would know for sure but for some reason it seems like there Head coach had either coached at Jackson, or had some connection to the Ironmen. I'm probably way off on this.

No sir. You are not way off on this.

Shane buescher was an absolute stud at QB at wellston the year the levy didn’t pass (91-92)

There was sooooo many studs that left that team and went and started on teams ALL OVER SEO and read closely

Ironton (Chris Martin) , Westfall (Shawn Buescher) , Jackson (Ryan Reed, Kevin Whestone, Danny Beiting) , Logan ( Beiting , Danny was the little brother playing at Jackson his older brother went and was warrior for Logan Danny ended being a 3yr starter at Appalachia State and Also an all-American wrestler there too) , Gallia Acadamey ( stanberry ) Alexander (little stansberry) ,

Wow what a team the city of Wellston ran off

It was wellstons most powerful stud filled team they had ever have and to this day have ever had. When the school levy failed they all left. Some came back to wellston (Matt Whestone , Shane Smith, Lawrence Ousley ) . And played s for coach Paul Blankenship who in turn a few years later gave Shawn buescher his first coaching job back at his alma mater and when wellston ran Paul Blankenship off for the 2nd time after he rebuilt the program on a failed school levy the coaches that were with him left too. Coach buescher swore to never return to wellston and as far as I know. He has. Not. The coaches he coached with at wellston found their way to Jackson and LOTS of success and lots of success against their town of wellston. So when buescher found his way at west Jeff playing against Jackson there were lots of ties there. Wishing it was in Jackson and knowing coach buescher he would have wanted it there too. But I know the man. And he isn’t particularly too concerned where rbis is played. His son is the teams QB and he would play the mighty fighting tigers in a gravel parking lot the same the tigers and Pendleton would. Both Pendleton and buescher are intense. My suggestion.

Arrive early. And get a good seat !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:59 pm This may have already been addressed, and I may have just missed it, but unless I'm wrong I thought that I saw Jackson play WJ a few years ago at Jackson. Ironman92 would know for sure but for some reason it seems like there Head coach had either coached at Jackson, or had some connection to the Ironmen. I'm probably way off on this.

Hope that cleared some things up.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks countywide35. I figured that you or Ironman92 or a couple other Ironmen fans would know about this. I wasn't living or working around here in the timeframe that you mentioned, but it sure sounds as if Wellston had a lot of talent those years.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:39 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:40 am Ironton 28 West Jefferson 7
I think ironton rolls in this game. West Jeffs strength is their running game, and ironton plays great run defense. I can't see W.J. moving the ball with much success. Ironton is just ridiculous on defense for a D5 team.
How can that be? West Jefferson’s QB is the leading passer in D5 Ohio football according to Max Preps. He’s thrown for 2,635 yards, 32 TD’s and only 1 interception. That came on 196 attempts and 145 completions

I thought they were a 1 dimensional running team but after further research, looks like they are more of a passing team. I was looking at stats from 1 game when i made that post.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:39 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:40 am Ironton 28 West Jefferson 7
I think ironton rolls in this game. West Jeffs strength is their running game, and ironton plays great run defense. I can't see W.J. moving the ball with much success. Ironton is just ridiculous on defense for a D5 team.
How can that be? West Jefferson’s QB is the leading passer in D5 Ohio football according to Max Preps. He’s thrown for 2,635 yards, 32 TD’s and only 1 interception. That came on 196 attempts and 145 completions

I thought they were a 1 dimensional running team but after further research, looks like they are more of a passing team. I was looking at stats from 1 game when i made that post.
MaxPreps has great video of all of their games!!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I might be wrong but it looks like west jeffs strength of schedule isn't all that strong. I'm thinking they racked up the passing stats against poor defenses. I'm convinced Ridgewood was better than west jeff. I don't think they can show ironton anything they haven't already seen this year but i think ironton will show them a lot that they haven't seen. After watching highlights of west jeff, i think they are outmatched.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Again I’ll say ,,,
West Jeff meet junior jones! I’m sure you won’t get along well .

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Thanks countywide35. I figured that you or Ironman92 or a couple other Ironmen fans would know about this. I wasn't living or working around here in the timeframe that you mentioned, but it sure sounds as if Wellston had a lot of talent those years.

Yes Wellston is notorious for their bonehead moves regarding their football program the last 30yrs and let current Coach Smith stumble there a few times and he will be gone too.....but lets not make this about Wellston………

here's some FYI ………...I am just a fan in this with sentimental ties to both...….it came down to Ironton and Jackson as to where I would play my 4yrs of high school football and Ironton has always been special to me even though I found my way to Jackson.....Coach Buescher is a hard nosed as they come and as a fine as a coach tax payers dollars can buy....but for anyone to think that this west jeff team will not be prepared and well coached...well here is coach Shawn buescher stats for his resume,,,,,

Shawn Buescher (2002-Present)
Record: 134-63
8 League Championships
10 Playoff Appearances
Division V Central District Coach of the Year 2006, 2017
Columbus Dispatch Metro Team Coach of the Year 2017
Central District Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year 2006,07,09
District 14 Sportsmanship and Integrity Award 2009
Capitol West Football Officials Association for the Sportsmanship Award 2005,07,13,17
Mid-State League Coach of the Year 2006-07-08-09-10-13
1 Regional Championship
7 Regional Runner-Up

the rough riders will be ready....but pendelton and the tigers wll be too

boy is it gonna be a dandy in chilli

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Yes Wellston is notorious for their bonehead moves regarding their football program the last 30yrs and let current Coach Smith stumble there a few times and he will be gone too.....but lets not make this about Wellston………

here's some FYI ………...I am just a fan in this with sentimental ties to both...….it came down to Ironton and Jackson as to where I would play my 4yrs of high school football and Ironton has always been special to me even though I found my way to Jackson.....Coach Buescher is a hard nosed as they come and as a fine as a coach tax payers dollars can buy....but for anyone to think that this west jeff team will not be prepared and well coached...well here is coach Shawn buescher stats for his resume,,,,,

8 League Championships
10 Playoff Appearances
Capitol West Football Officials Association for the Sportsmanship Award 2005,07,13,17
1 Regional Championship
7 Regional Runner-Up

That is impressive to say the least. Was I wrong in saying that I thought that I had seen WJ play against the Ironmen a few years ago, or could it have been a different team ? Thanks again for the Info.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 pm

8 League Championships
10 Playoff Appearances
1 Regional Championship
7 Regional Runner-Up

That is impressive to say the least. Was I wrong in saying that I thought that I had seen WJ play against the Ironmen a few years ago, or could it have been a different team ? Thanks again for the Info.
Jackson and West Jeff played four years 2016-2012

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thanks d-5, I know the game was at Jackson and that it was a few years ago.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm so stoked for ''fighting tiger'' nation. I hope the tigers can pull this off without looking ahead. nothing is more important than this game right now.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I know West Jeff was a small school power and the pride of Madison County at one time. I lived up there in the early 2000s right after their legendary coach retired and Alter had kind of passed them by. I remember hearing they had turned it around pretty quickly after a 4 or 5 year drought, is this the same coach that rebuilt the program.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I'll give you size looks on West Jefferson O line Lt 6'2" 250 Lg 6'0" 285 C 6'3" 290 Rg 6'2" 290 Rt 6'4" 290 Qb 5'11" 150 RB 5'11" 175
Wr's 5'10 150 5'10" 160 6'1" 150 6'1" 167

This line plays well but I think Ironton will be ready and handle them come sat night. Good luck to both teams hope for injury free good game
Go Tigers

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 am I know West Jeff was a small school power and the pride of Madison County at one time. I lived up there in the early 2000s right after their legendary coach retired and Alter had kind of passed them by. I remember hearing they had turned it around pretty quickly after a 4 or 5 year drought, is this the same coach that rebuilt the program.

Yes it is. When Shawn Buescher got there in 2002 it’s been good things ever since for the rough riders. He kinda did in a hurry what Pendleton’s done for Ironton. These two coaches going up against each other is as impressive as the schools history rich football programs.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 pm

8 League Championships
10 Playoff Appearances
1 Regional Championship
7 Regional Runner-Up

Yeah it is Buescher owned the Mid State League coach of the year award from 05-13.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Just curious, am i wrong in thinking ridgewood looks better on video than west Jefferson? Or do others agree with this? I know you can't underestimate anyone, and be ready to play on game day, but just wondering what others opinions are on this.

Return to “Football”