2020 Fort Frye 27 @ Warren 20

efarns
S

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Warren (1-0)

Post by efarns »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm Then what do you want? How is me saying FF is a good D4, or 5 (whichever it is) is wrong? They're the best team in a poor football county. The worst county in Ohio for HS football. You're telling me that they're a good team regardless of division, then you backtrack? They're one of the best teams in their division. But to say they're good regardless of division, I disagree.
Fort Frye has a pretty good playoff record. The teams they've beaten cover a pretty wide area. None of that has any bearing on tonight, but minimizing how good they have been makes you look bad.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Nobody is going to argue with you that Warren and Marietta do not have good football programs. You could take the best athletes in the entire county and place them on one team and you still wouldn't be competitive with the D2 schools Warren and Marietta is playing. Thumping your chest proudly because we have better football than Meigs, Noble, Vinton, etc. Isn't anything to be proud about. Its nobody's fault football in SE Ohio is weak, its just the way it is. But never once did I blame FF or Waterford.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

efarns wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:21 pm
Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm Then what do you want? How is me saying FF is a good D4, or 5 (whichever it is) is wrong? They're the best team in a poor football county. The worst county in Ohio for HS football. You're telling me that they're a good team regardless of division, then you backtrack? They're one of the best teams in their division. But to say they're good regardless of division, I disagree.
Fort Frye has a pretty good playoff record. The teams they've beaten cover a pretty wide area. None of that has any bearing on tonight, but minimizing how good they have been makes you look bad.
how have I minimized anything FF has done? Read the entire thread 🙄

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

The only point I have been trying to make is FF is a good local team, maybe the best in the county, but theyre not the best team warren will play this year, as EasternDSpy was trying to convey. When I played FF was the laughing stock of the county. You have a few good seasons and your heads have swelled. You all are so confident thinking FF will win this game. 2017 was a long time ago. Different players, and different coaches. I think Warren has a chance. We will see in a couple hours. Good luck to both teams

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Halftime, FF leads 21 - 20

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

What a fun 1st half that was. Fixing to be a barn burner.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Warren shut out in 2nd half. FF man handled Warren in the 2nd half. The more physical team won. Ff 27 Warren 20. Congrats Cadets

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets shut them out in 2nd half and win 27-20.

What a fantastic game.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:39 pm The only point I have been trying to make is FF is a good local team, maybe the best in the county, but theyre not the best team warren will play this year, as EasternDSpy was trying to convey. When I played FF was the laughing stock of the county. You have a few good seasons and your heads have swelled. You all are so confident thinking FF will win this game. 2017 was a long time ago. Different players, and different coaches. I think Warren has a chance. We will see in a couple hours. Good luck to both teams
Good game by both teams. Still wondering why so many ff players are cramping but got by with a win. I guess my only question is if ff isn't the best team warren plays this year in an abbreviated schedule who is? Just an honest question. Guess you think it's logan? Can't be meigs or union local. Gandee is a heckuva player and they schemed him 2 tds in the first half. Ff physicality and adjustments played heavily in the 2nd half. Got to hope that we get rid of the cramping. Can't have half your starters on the sideline because of it. Good luck to warren the rest of the way and here's to them keeping us on the schedule.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye 27 @ Warren 20 Final

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Warren isn't removing anyone from the schedule. Those were extenuating circumstances 3 years ago. Warren is in a different position than it was then. Warren and FF haven't been an every year occurence, anyway.. And a 7 point loss isn't grounds to remove anyone off a schedule. And yes I think Logan will be the best team on their "covid schedule"

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Here's to hoping warren comes to beverly next year. I'm skeptical, but would think it'll happen. Will see how good logan is i guess. Ff isn't playing well but winning is all that matters. Too many penalties, too many turnovers, and too many cramps :). Give warren credit, thought we'd win by more. Gandee definitely a player, but our depth and physicality finally won it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 pm Warren isn't removing anyone from the schedule. Those were extenuating circumstances 3 years ago. Warren is in a different position than it was then. Warren and FF haven't been an every year occurence, anyway.. And a 7 point loss isn't grounds to remove anyone off a schedule. And yes I think Logan will be the best team on their "covid schedule"
Logan tied with Marietta??? You’re flat out wrong

beg003
All Conference

Re: 2020 Fort Frye 27 @ Warren 20

Post by beg003 »

My thoughts after the game. FF is very good. Offensively they execute and are great at getting numbers at the point of attack. Long and Adkins are very good RBs. Defensively, they were tough but vulnerable to the pass. As for Warren, we gave it as good as we got physically. Both teams are going to feel that one tomorrow. We stopped the inside run but got hurt on sweeps and off tackle. Gandee was the best player on the field and I’m not sure it was close tonight. However, we lost and I tip my cap to FF. Good luck the rest of the season.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:44 pm
Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 pm Warren isn't removing anyone from the schedule. Those were extenuating circumstances 3 years ago. Warren is in a different position than it was then. Warren and FF haven't been an every year occurence, anyway.. And a 7 point loss isn't grounds to remove anyone off a schedule. And yes I think Logan will be the best team on their "covid schedule"
I've never seen one person get so worked up over another man's opinion on here, than you have on every single comment. I've made. I figured it would end after the game. Its just an opinion. Who cares what I think. Get over it

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:44 pm
I've never seen one person get so worked up over another man's opinion on here, than you have on every single comment. I've made. I figured it would end after the game. Its just an opinion. Who cares what I think. Get over it
Agree

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Want to see time of possession for the 2nd half and the amount of plays each team ran. Seemed like ff had the ball almost the entire 2nd half. Brown #2 cramping along with adkins hurt ff in 2nd half but they kept pounding out first downs. Warren did a great job moving gandee around and put the 2 olb of ff in bad positions. Essentially schemed him 2 tds. Ff staff did what we have become accustomed to and came out and fixed it in the 2nd half. Both teams gutted it out. Edemps is very emotional and sometimes not very pragmatic. Logan had played 2 solid teams so far. Will be interested in seeing how warren does against them. Hopefully better football is ahead of us because we definitely haven't played an entire game. Also tough to do when have your starters are cramping.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Gandee’s unofficial stats: 10 rec 205 yds 2 TDs

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 pm Want to see time of possession for the 2nd half and the amount of plays each team ran. Seemed like ff had the ball almost the entire 2nd half. Brown #2 cramping along with adkins hurt ff in 2nd half but they kept pounding out first downs. Warren did a great job moving gandee around and put the 2 olb of ff in bad positions. Essentially schemed him 2 tds. Ff staff did what we have become accustomed to and came out and fixed it in the 2nd half. Both teams gutted it out. Edemps is very emotional and sometimes not very pragmatic. Logan had played 2 solid teams so far. Will be interested in seeing how warren does against them. Hopefully better football is ahead of us because we definitely haven't played an entire game. Also tough to do when have your starters are cramping.
Not sure about time of possession, but Warren ran 16 plays.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Unofficial stats from ff
Plays ff 65 warren 40
Time of possession ff 31:22 Warren 16:38
Ff 56-290 rushing 7/9-61 passing
Brown 17 carries for 142
Adkins 16-78
Long 12-61
Warren 16-17 rushing 15/24-244 passing

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:39 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 pm Want to see time of possession for the 2nd half and the amount of plays each team ran. Seemed like ff had the ball almost the entire 2nd half. Brown #2 cramping along with adkins hurt ff in 2nd half but they kept pounding out first downs. Warren did a great job moving gandee around and put the 2 olb of ff in bad positions. Essentially schemed him 2 tds. Ff staff did what we have become accustomed to and came out and fixed it in the 2nd half. Both teams gutted it out. Edemps is very emotional and sometimes not very pragmatic. Logan had played 2 solid teams so far. Will be interested in seeing how warren does against them. Hopefully better football is ahead of us because we definitely haven't played an entire game. Also tough to do when have your starters are cramping.
Not sure about time of possession, but Warren ran 16 plays.
Stats I got had him for 9 for 179

He def balled out.

Return to “Football”