RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

BRabbit
Waterboy

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by BRabbit »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 am Ironton found a loophole you are amazing my friend.
?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 am Ironton found a loophole you are amazing my friend.
Come on man. We all know what the loop hole is. Let’s not be naive about what it is.

Two kids are at burg this year that played for another team last year. One is sitting out the back half of the season because he did not move into district, and one is playing the back half because he moved into district. Burg could definitely use the kid who’s sitting out. He’s really good.

But these are the questions in play:

Now what constitutes as moving in, and is the move actually taking place? What documentation needs to be reported and Who reports the documents?

Those who know those answers, like I do, probably see something a foot. But in the end, he’s been cleared and that’s that. Again most people know it goes on. It is what it is.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:35 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:50 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 am

Its called CONTROL and has nothing to do with a virus that everyone is going to eventually get.
I was watching the news the other Day and they said Flu cases were down 95% from this time last year, wonder why? I guess they just call it Covid this year.
You mean you were watching biased propaganda that fits your world view? Also, what’s the value in “control”? I say this from an independent perspective. Also, is it possible that:
1. Flu strain severity varies from year to year? Yep
2. Precautions that mitigate spread of COVID also mitigate spread of the flu? Yep

The Southern Hemisphere, which is coming out of its winter as we go into our winter, had a mild flu season....as anticipated due to the precautions in place to prevent the spread of COVID. But hey.....too much logic there.

I’m hoping Ironton can keep going down the tracks to the state title game and this situation is just a minor hurdle that is resolved logically.
Ok, Mr Scientists......you’re right, came from the media you probably watch everyday not the media I normally watch lol. I guess, since the flu kills so many people every year we should put the Covid protocols in place every Flu season since it does such a great job keeping the Flu cases down.

Go Fighting Tigers.....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps

Ironton ——————— 40
Johnstown Monroe - 7

I hope that’s accurate 😁

Go Fighting Tigers........

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:47 am
Come on man. We all know what the loop hole is. Let’s not be naive about what it is.

Two kids are at burg this year that played for another team last year. One is sitting out the back half of the season because he did not move into district, and one is playing the back half because he moved into district. Burg could definitely use the kid who’s sitting out. He’s really good.

Now what constitutes as moving in, and is the move actually taking place? What documentation needs to be reported and Who reports the documents?

Those who know those answers, like I do, probably see something a foot. But in the end, he’s been cleared and that’s that. Again most people know it goes on. It is what it is.
I'm sure you were equally concerned with the Ironton boy that "moved" in to Wheelersburg a few years ago.

I'm just glad justice was served

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37 am Burg lost to Ironton again this year,hoping both continue to win to make it twice this year lol
I can't be the only one to not understand what you mean that Burg lost to Ironton... Quite frankly, it makes no sense.
Ironton 41
Johnstown 7

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Nice spin there, but I view all kinds of media outlets. That’s how I knew exactly where the 95% reference you spoke of came from. I also work in healthcare and actually have knowledge from an infection control resource where I work that provided the information about what the Southern Hemisphere has experienced this year during their flu season. So that wasn’t from some “biased media source”. But yeah, if things like the COVID protocols were mandatory during flu season, it would reduce the spread of the flu. However, our country will never go for that and I wouldn’t advocate for that myself. I would expect coming out of this experience that people will be a little more cognitive regarding infectious disease spread and we may see a higher use of things like face masks in winter months by the populace.

Keep the train rolling Fighting Tigers! Good luck from Chieftain territory.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:31 pm

I'm sure you were equally concerned with the Ironton boy that "moved" in to Wheelersburg a few years ago.

I’m not concerned nor doubt it but at least I’m aware of how it works and not trying to gloss over that it’s not happening or happened.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:30 pm
Taylormade wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:31 pm

I’m not concerned nor doubt it but at least I’m aware of how it works and not trying to gloss over that it’s not happening or happened.
Sad if Wheelersburg tried to get a kid they removed from the team ruled ineligible when he tried to play somewhere else. And I'm sure it was strictly coincidental this went down just before his replacement "moved in".

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Most are probably wondering of the hypocrisy of why a school who profits annually from transfers would try and hold up a kid that doesn’t want to be at their school anymore. Did the student involved here actually live in Wheelersburg district?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Is there proof Wheelersburg is trying to hold up the kids transfer? Maybe it was an Ironton parent who is mad the new kid took their sons spot? Ive seen it happen at other schools that someone from their school turned in a kid for violations. Not saying this is the case here, but could be. But in the end, who cares. Back to the game, i have not seen either of these teams play. But based on reading things on here, should be a pretty good game. I dont think it will be a blow out like some have predicted. So ill go with a 28-21 win for the Tigers.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

What time does the game start? 7 or 7:30

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

the transfer in question was voted off the team. he was not good for team moral. why would anyone in Burg not want him to play for Ironton. kid is a great athlete but too many issues follow him everywhere he goes. he is a drain on the team. Ironton is just now beginning to find this out. i have spoke to parents that have confirmed this... which is sad..... hopefully he can start fresh. would not surprise me one bit to find out it was a Ironton parent that turned him in... the parents i spoke with speculate this is the case as well

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Pretty common knowledge that Wheelersburg and Ironton have benefited in the last couple years from players families renting apartments to aquire an address. But they still keep their permanent homes. This gets them by the 50% of season rule.

I heard a name in the summer of a person heavily involved in Wheelersburg Athletics/Education system that is linked to these "Apartments". And if that is true it would definitely raise some antennas.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:20 am the transfer in question was voted off the team. he was not good for team moral. why would anyone in Burg not want him to play for Ironton. kid is a great athlete but too many issues follow him everywhere he goes. he is a drain on the team. Ironton is just now beginning to find this out. i have spoke to parents that have confirmed this... which is sad..... hopefully he can start fresh. would not surprise me one bit to find out it was a Ironton parent that turned him in... the parents i spoke with speculate this is the case as well
I think you're starting to hit the nail on the head. How many kids from both schools grow up dreaming to play at Ironton or Wheelersburg in Basketball or Football, only to see their career there end as a lifetime backup because of movins? You can't tell me that there isn't bad blood at both schools.
Last edited by SWHITE2002 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:20 am Pretty common knowledge that Wheelersburg and Ironton have benefited in the last couple years from players families renting apartments to aquire an address. But they still keep their permanent homes. This gets them by the 50% of season rule.

I heard a name in the summer of a person heavily involved in Wheelersburg Athletics/Education system that is linked to these "Apartments". And if that is true it would definitely raise some antennas.
Could you name specific players from Wheelersburg who have used these "Apartments," to play a whole season? Pretty common knowledge that Ironton has had many players that were unheard of in this area start on their team
Last edited by PirateFan[69] on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am
Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:20 am the transfer in question was voted off the team. he was not good for team moral. why would anyone in Burg not want him to play for Ironton. kid is a great athlete but too many issues follow him everywhere he goes. he is a drain on the team. Ironton is just now beginning to find this out. i have spoke to parents that have confirmed this... which is sad..... hopefully he can start fresh. would not surprise me one bit to find out it was a Ironton parent that turned him in... the parents i spoke with speculate this is the case as well
I think you're starting to hit the nail on the head. How many kids from both schools grow up dreaming to play at Ironton or Wheelersburg in Basketball or Football, only to see their career there end as a lifetime backup because of movins? You can't tell me that there isn't bad blood at both schools.
Yes there is bad blood at both schools, but good schools attract good players, a lot of times its not just for athletics but their great academics as well

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

I won't name kids, but it's not difficult to figure out.

Let's face it neither community are booming metropolis's. There are no jobs. So why are they moving there? I'm sure it's the education

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am
I think you're starting to hit the nail on the head. How many kids from both schools grow up dreaming to play at Wheelersburg in Basketball or Football, only to see their career there end as a lifetime backup because of movins? You can't tell me that there isn't bad blood at both schools.
I guarantee it. There are several parents at Burg that are very opposed to transfers. Even more that are not happy with all of the open enrollment numbers where out of district families avoid the high property taxes. Covid only highlighted this frustration with kids not going to school.

Return to “Football”