Nelsonville York Short List

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Re: Nelsonville York Short List

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Raider6309 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Terwilliger, if true would be an interesting hire most definitely.

Former graduate from Nelsonville and OU player and coach at Olentangy for what 20+ years.

Is this rumor of him returning wishful thinking or is this a real possibility?
I heard it from some NY people that he will be the coach. Of course you have the seopreps trolls that bash any idea and give zero information. NY people seemed very excited about him coaching NY. But I'm from Athens and its all rumor since NY people stopped posting after the fight
First, not all of us have stopped posting since the fight. Second, not all of us want a coach with NY ties. I would really like to see the PE teacher come back. No better time than now if he would want it. But if we can't have him I think we look over the hill for the next coach.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Definitely time for new blood Billy. I don't see the PE teacher coaching again. I think it's a tough spot for them. Not sure there is a position open in the school. Maybe if the AD job was open like it should be there would be more options.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ny92 wrote:Definitely time for new blood Billy. I don't see the PE teacher coaching again. I think it's a tough spot for them. Not sure there is a position open in the school. Maybe if the AD job was open like it should be there would be more options.
I was under the impression that it would be open for next school year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Oh I hadn't heard that

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ny92 wrote:Oh I hadn't heard that
Don't quote me on it cause you know how the rumors fly about this stuff.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

75 applications and interviewing 5 candidates!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Awesome news Nelsonville !!!!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Kevin Meade wouldn't need an interview so we can rule him out.

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

If a certain Tomcat doesnt get the job I think it will shock everyone in Athens County. Should have done this 3 months ago so they have weight program in place for non wrestling and basketball players

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hope Nelson/York gets their man

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Hmmmm I keep hearing a "Tomcat"... I know Christman did a great job with Eastern in the early 2000's ( I don't think he has been a head coach since?) but has been on NY's staff in the past... Is that who you guys are talking about?

Why isn't Jeff Downs being mentioned? He took Vinton County and Federal Hocking to the playoffs in the 2000's and I don't think he is coaching anywhere?

Both would be good IMO

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

MeyerSpread wrote:Hmmmm I keep hearing a "Tomcat"... I know Christman did a great job with Eastern in the early 2000's ( I don't think he has been a head coach since?) but has been on NY's staff in the past... Is that who you guys are talking about?
Rusty Richards.
Christman is the Superintendent of Trimble. I doubt he would be interested in also coaching NY football. ;)

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

ShoeHorn wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:Hmmmm I keep hearing a "Tomcat"... I know Christman did a great job with Eastern in the early 2000's ( I don't think he has been a head coach since?) but has been on NY's staff in the past... Is that who you guys are talking about?
Rusty Richards.
Christman is the Superintendent of Trimble. I doubt he would be interested in also coaching NY football. ;)
My guess is he is one of the 5 interviews/ especially since he teaches at NY.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Nybucks70-80 wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:
Rusty Richards.
My guess is he is one of the 5 interviews/ especially since he teaches at NY.
That makes sense why he isn't coaching any longer... :D

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

sounds like we might be stealing the tomcats coach who has been pulling all the strings the past 5 years or so.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckfan2016 wrote:sounds like we might be stealing the tomcats coach who has been pulling all the strings the past 5 years or so.
I have a hard time believing any ONE person was pulling the strings in Glouster, unless it was coach Faires.

They had a great run fueled by top notch football players, a good coaching STAFF, a great head coach and a terrific fan base.

You don't make state championship games with one person pulling all the strings.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Why isn't Jeff Downs being mentioned? He took Vinton County and Federal Hocking to the playoffs in the 2000's and I don't think he is coaching anywhere?
You are correct. Jeff hasn't coach since his time at Federal Hocking. It's also noteworthy that not only did he lead Fed to their first ever playoff appearance but he also helped lead the Lamcers to their first EVER TVC title. Jeff is currently a teacher at VC as he has been for many years now. He's a stand up guy in my book.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

93Bulldog wrote:
buckfan2016 wrote:sounds like we might be stealing the tomcats coach who has been pulling all the strings the past 5 years or so.
I have a hard time believing any ONE person was pulling the strings in Glouster, unless it was coach Faires.

They had a great run fueled by top notch football players, a good coaching STAFF, a great head coach and a terrific fan base.

You don't make state championship games with one person pulling all the strings.
Uncle Phil calls all the plays. Koons calls the defense from what I was told. They will both be back on the staff next year. :mrgreen:

tbone7707
Waterboy

Post by tbone7707 »

Hugh Jase wrote:
Mwsmws6398 wrote:NY people would know. But what kinda coach does NY need?
Someone who will put the time in and do it the right way. Get these kids to believe in themselves again.
If you need a COACH to get the kids to believe in themselves then maybe the kids need more than football help. Kids don't just all of a sudden start shape up with a good coach. They are either ready or not. Its just like when I hear people say " Coach needs to get those kids psyched up up for the game." The kids who can play don't need help they are ready and self motivated. And if they aren't maybe that is why you had a 1-9 season.

Bobby Boucher
Waterboy

Post by Bobby Boucher »

If our next coach is a tomcat I'm good with it. We just need to win. Winning cures everything

Ma ma ma mama says go ny bucks

Return to “Football”