Burg vs Ironton 2021

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Re: Burg vs Ironton 2021

Post by Bfan99 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:54 am
Bfan99 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 amTE Arthur
That's a tough one. Any word on what the injury is?
Not sure what the injury is but heard it could be season ending

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Here's a coloring page to brighten all up on that day...give them something to do down there :>) Well, darn, you'd think the guy that runs this site would have fixed it so you can add images...it was a nice coloring page of a Pirate Ship sinking

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

What does the "add image" button do? And on the maps I have seen, Wheelersburg is north of ironton...

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

You are 'down river'

Add image just allows you to include a URL for an image. It has to be hosted by a third party

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Ah, I see

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Post by Seeyaat7 »

Seeyaat7 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 am Not sure what’s going on in Arnton.. and regardless of what’s really happening behind the scenes.. I’m guessing that Pendleton is smart enough to realize that it’s causing the Tiger faithful to be concerned! ..and rightfully so! Especially this week… week 1- against one of your top rivals.. The Burg! The success the Tigers have had the last two years has the folks of Arnton excited again about Tiger football.. Hell, up until the last couple of weeks, most of Arnton faithful already had their bags packed for a 3peat trip to state.lol …. Well, let’s not get that suitcase out just yet.. your golden boy Carrico is now a Buckeye, Carter, who like Carrico was a god send and was supposed to fill that void…. broke his ar… I mean, Qui.. I mean, is taking a year of…uhmmm.. let’s just skip him for now.. Carpenter is injured, which brings to questions who #2 is, how much game experience does he have? ….. so many uncertainties!! At least our line is big! Yes, our line is filled with some really big boys…… ohh wait… those Lattimore boys are fast as lightening!! So big doesn’t really mean a hill of beans.. you know, The more I write, the more I’m starting to think Arnton’s slogan this year should be “Two and through” cause it sounds like things are a mess in Tiger town.. and once The Burg reclaims the belt this Friday night… it’ll be confirmed! #goburg #countonme
Last edited by Seeyaat7 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Arthur being out, if he is will hurt Burg worse on defense than offense.

Sounds like some key injuries for both teams should make this an instant classic.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Back to the game, you think either team will try to just burn clock and play 3 yards and a cloud of dust (rubber pellets)? Try to limit possessions and grind it out? Or will both teams open the play book and have a shootout? Could come down to special team play? Gonna see any trick plays? onside kicks? I'm an outsider and have no ties to either team, couldn't care less who wins. Just want a good game and see what others thoughts are on the game.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

The reason nobody fw this platform anymore is because you censor valid conversations.

SEO is SOFT.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Thats why Northern Ohio owns you in everything.
Thats why seo is 1st in everything bad and last in everything good.

You're soft.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

transplant wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:00 pm Back to the game, you think either team will try to just burn clock and play 3 yards and a cloud of dust (rubber pellets)? Try to limit possessions and grind it out? Or will both teams open the play book and have a shootout? Could come down to special team play? Gonna see any trick plays? onside kicks? I'm an outsider and have no ties to either team, couldn't care less who wins. Just want a good game and see what others thoughts are on the game.
My guess is since its SEO, there will be tons of projection. Tons of falling short. Tons of coddling. Tons of deflection. And a lot of whining and PRETENDING like their kids are ready for the big lights.

But its really just cosplay.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

transplant wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:00 pm Back to the game, you think either team will try to just burn clock and play 3 yards and a cloud of dust (rubber pellets)? Try to limit possessions and grind it out? Or will both teams open the play book and have a shootout? Could come down to special team play? Gonna see any trick plays? onside kicks? I'm an outsider and have no ties to either team, couldn't care less who wins. Just want a good game and see what others thoughts are on the game.
With both teams starting new quarterbacks, I look for grind-it-out play-calling for both teams that will shorten the game. Both teams mainly looking for their QB to just take care of the football.

Also, Burg has an absolute weapon at kicker in Sammons, whereas Ironton will be fielding an inexperienced kicker. Will be a huge advantage for Burg if this game is close in the 4th quarter (which I think it will be).*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:10 pm
My guess is since its SEO, there will be tons of projection. Tons of falling short. Tons of coddling. Tons of deflection. And a lot of whining and PRETENDING like their kids are ready for the big lights.

But its really just cosplay.
oh ok, cool. Thanks for the input.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Maybe theyll do another team pic at halftime. 😂😂😂

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Beyond all the questions, and beyond the game, one thing I’m sure myself and a whole lotta people will miss is MadDog striking up the band… go Burg

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm Thats why Northern Ohio owns you in everything.

You're soft.
Dang dude, you may need to take a nap or eat a snickers...to have so many other cultured opportunities and events wherever you are, as you claim, you’d think you wouldn’t be so emotionally invested in kids you don’t know nor care so little about.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm Thats why Northern Ohio owns you in everything.

You're soft.
Dang dude, you may need to take a nap or eat a snickers...to have so many other cultured opportunities and events wherever you are, as you claim, you’d think you wouldn’t be so emotionally invested in kids you don’t know nor care so little about.
You just don’t understand dude. He gets to come out of the basement and tell his mom how he totally owned everyone on the internet.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

speedkillz sure sounds like another tool that used to be on here.

Paladin!!!!

Sounds like some of the idiot comments he used to make

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:15 pm
With both teams starting new quarterbacks, I look for grind-it-out play-calling for both teams that will shorten the game. Both teams mainly looking for their QB to just take care of the football.

Also, Burg has an absolute weapon at kicker in Sammons, whereas Ironton will be fielding an inexperienced kicker. Will be a huge advantage for Burg if this game is close in the 4th quarter (which I think it will be).*
I would bet you’re correct...Burg’s QB looks as though he can make some throws and will be pretty good once he gets some experience, but first game...probably not a whole lot of air it out.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Lavon Helm wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:59 pm
522Pirate wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 pm

You're soft.
You just don’t understand dude. He gets to come out of the basement and tell his mom how he totally owned everyone on the internet.
Sounds like some more deflection to me. 🤷‍♂️🤡

Return to “Football”