WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

3rd String
Freshman Team

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by 3rd String »

If Jackson can sustain long grind it out drives, they can win. If jackson is forced into a few 3 and outs, it could be a long night.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 am Novak will be too much to handle again, secondary play will be in question this week for Jackson. Ill go on a limb and say WB 48 Jakson 28. Could very well be closer and if Jackson plays perfect turnover/mistake free football they can win.
Hopefully he is off a bit and has a bad game. But also Jackson needs to have a great deal of pressure, but it must be disciplined in their lanes or he will run the ball. I can only hope this prediction is similar to the Real deal Bishop Hartley prediction :D .

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Pressure absolutely. Would be interesting to see the Wolford kid coming off the edge on a blitz or two. Force the qb to run into a linebacker or 2

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

LBD0263 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 am
mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 am Novak will be too much to handle again, secondary play will be in question this week for Jackson. Ill go on a limb and say WB 48 Jackson 28. Could very well be closer and if Jackson plays perfect turnover/mistake free football they can win.
Hopefully he is off a bit and has a bad game. But also Jackson needs to have a great deal of pressure, but it must be disciplined in their lanes or he will run the ball. I can only hope this prediction is similar to the Real deal Bishop Hartley prediction :D .
I would hope this prediction is similar to my Bishop Hartley prediction as well. Lol

1 Drew Novak - Jr yds yds/g comp att % td int rate gp
Western Brown (Mt. Orab, OH) QB 4466 372.2 281 413 .680 50 6 137.4 12

Vs Jackson 27 of 41 for 396 %.659 14.7per attempt 3tds rating121.6 :?

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:51 am Novak will be too much to handle again, secondary play will be in question this week for Jackson. Ill go on a limb and say WB 48 Jakson 28. Could very well be closer and if Jackson plays perfect turnover/mistake free football they can win.

2 teams all year to hold Novak and company to under 300 was Batavia and Beechcroft.

Batavia - 274 but won 75-0
Beechcroft - 158 but won 63-6

If Jackson can hold him under that they have a legit chance. Have to hold on to the football though!!! In all honesty I'm pulling for the FAC to win and advance! I am worried WB has too much fire power!

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

The good news is we have faced WB, so the kids understand the threat. Mr. Novak plays until the the whistle is blown and is always looking down field. Corners/Safeties can't get caught looking in the back field at all and thinking he is going to run. Mr. Novak is perhaps the best QB I have seen in person since Burrow coming to Jackson several years ago. Hopefully some lessons learned from the first game will pay huge dividends in this 1. It will be interesting to see the adjustments the coaches make. I like Jackson's chances as long as this doesn't turn into a shoot out.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Will this game be televised?

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

TigerMania wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:06 pm Will this game be televised?
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:11 pm
Ironmannut07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:20 pm This game will be streamed on Jackson’s YouTube channel.
Yes, it will be free. Students have to do the commentating but there will be replays shown between the plays and should be well done.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

I hear Jackson may not have Wolford due to injury and possibly a starter or two because of COVID, so this may change the outcome a bit

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Tanksdad wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm I hear Jackson may not have Wolford due to injury and possibly a starter or two because of COVID, so this may change the outcome a bit
Well that's unfortunate news... Is it "hear say" or is this coming from a reliable source?

ironmenfan012
Waterboy

Post by ironmenfan012 »

Jackson will get pressure on him all night. If western browns defense couldn’t hold bellefontes run game I think the ironmen can have success on the ground. Yes WB is going to make good plays but it is how the players come back ready to fight agian and again it just depends how much they want to keep playing but jackson can win and will 35-28

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Best way to beat these high octane teams is long offensive drives which Jackson can do. Hopefully Jackson can pull off the win

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Bellefontaine was successful with its run game for the first quarter. Western brown made the adjustment and started to shut down the run game of Bellefontaine. Bellefontaine got down two touchdowns and started to pass and kinda went away from the run. After the first quarter western brown really started to play sound on defense. Western brown has been successful this year when teams run out of the gun or pistol. Clinton massie ran the wishbone and was able to move the ball. Monroe was able to do the same. If jackson gets down and starts to throw the ball it might be to big of a task to overcome. Another thang jackson did iv seen no other team do is have the corners come up and play a press coverage. They had the right idea on how to defend Western brown. But it's very hard to defend the timing routs they run. That being said.... this is no easy game and will be a shoot out. I honestly can't see Western brown getting held to less that 30 points.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Western Brown is the pick.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Western brown is good at defending the a gap and decent on the b gap. The reason Bellefontaine running back had such good success. Was well he was very good and could make a cut on the dime. They attacked the c gap. He would take the hand off and everytime he would go to bounce outside he would make a cut to the c gap. The linebackers one. Was not able to get over and fill the gap... or they would play him as if he was going to bounce it to the outside. And he would get the inside leverage on them... Bellefontaine running back was very good he had vision and was smooth. If jackson wants to win they will need to run. With a pass hear and there. If western brown stops you on first down and second down and let's say jackson has 3rd and 5 or 7...... run it make them stop you three times on consecutive series. This game will fall on Jackson's run game. And them not shying away from it at the first sign of adversity.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Western brown is good at defending the a gap and decent on the b gap. The reason Bellefontaine running back had such good success. Was well he was very good and could make a cut on the dime. They attacked the c gap. He would take the hand off and everytime he would go to bounce outside he would make a cut to the c gap. The linebackers one. Was not able to get over and fill the gap... or they would play him as if he was going to bounce it to the outside. And he would get the inside leverage on them... Bellefontaine running back was very good he had vision and was smooth. If jackson wants to win they will need to run. With a pass hear and there. If western brown stops you on first down and second down and let's say jackson has 3rd and 5 or 7...... run it make them stop you three times on consecutive series. This game will fall on Jackson's run game. And them not shying away from it at the first sign of adversity.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

Injury to Wolford is real

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ironmenfan012 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:54 pm Jackson will get pressure on him all night. If western browns defense couldn’t hold bellefontes run game I think the ironmen can have success on the ground. Yes WB is going to make good plays but it is how the players come back ready to fight agian and again it just depends how much they want to keep playing but jackson can win and will 35-28
Honestly you have no idea if they can get pressure on him all night or not, just like Jackson having faced Western Brown. Watching some of Novak's highlights of the 1st Jackson game looks like they zoned it up a lot and struggled to get any pressure as they were leaving 7 and 8 in coverage. Western Brown has faced Jackson and these 2 are very familiar foes as they've played each other in the regular season for the last few years now. Bellefontes running game?? Is this the same team WB beat 50-20 because I just wanted to check and make sure because that's a pretty crazy statement, lol. They faced Clinton Massie who has one of the top rushing attacks in the area, WB is able to be ran on but let's not act like they haven't faced and adjusted to heavy running teams. The Wolford injury is huge on both sides of the ball. One stat I noticed with WB is how many different WRs they use they've got 5 guys with 31-43-52-60-74 receptions only 1 guy over 1,100 yards and 3 guys with double digit tds so they really spread the ball out. Novak also the #1 QB in the country in total passing yards and #4 in Tds. Excited to see this one I do wish Jackson was at full strength if the rumors are indeed true and I'm guessing they are as no Jackson poster has denied nor confirmed which typically means truth.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:31 pm
ironmenfan012 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:54 pm Jackson will get pressure on him all night. If western browns defense couldn’t hold bellefontes run game I think the ironmen can have success on the ground. Yes WB is going to make good plays but it is how the players come back ready to fight agian and again it just depends how much they want to keep playing but jackson can win and will 35-28
Honestly you have no idea if they can get pressure on him all night or not, just like Jackson having faced Western Brown. Watching some of Novak's highlights of the 1st Jackson game looks like they zoned it up a lot and struggled to get any pressure as they were leaving 7 and 8 in coverage. Western Brown has faced Jackson and these 2 are very familiar foes as they've played each other in the regular season for the last few years now. Bellefontes running game?? Is this the same team WB beat 50-20 because I just wanted to check and make sure because that's a pretty crazy statement, lol. They faced Clinton Massie who has one of the top rushing attacks in the area, WB is able to be ran on but let's not act like they haven't faced and adjusted to heavy running teams. The Wolford injury is huge on both sides of the ball. One stat I noticed with WB is how many different WRs they use they've got 5 guys with 31-43-52-60-74 receptions only 1 guy over 1,100 yards and 3 guys with double digit tds so they really spread the ball out. Novak also the #1 QB in the country in total passing yards and #4 in Tds. Excited to see this one I do wish Jackson was at full strength if the rumors are indeed true and I'm guessing they are as no Jackson poster has denied nor confirmed which typically means truth.
Jackson lost by 5 first time , with 3 red zone turnovers. Western brown can be beat. Are they good ? Very . So is Jackson, even with starters out. Two really good teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:32 am

2 teams all year to hold Novak and company to under 300 was Batavia and Beechcroft.

Batavia - 274 but won 75-0
Beechcroft - 158 but won 63-6

If Jackson can hold him under that they have a legit chance. Have to hold on to the football though!!! In all honesty I'm pulling for the FAC to win and advance! I am worried WB has too much fire power!
So neither of the m remotely stopped any form of anything

Return to “Football”