WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Yh8awinner »

I feel more confident now that burg can win this one. Unless Portsmouth greatly improved from week 1 also after I watched them play valley because they were not very good at all then Ironton isn't as good as people say no matter who's on the field. I know burg is night and day since week 1 so was Portsmouth? That's the million dollar question! $$$$$$$$

RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

I watched the Portsmouth Valley game at the beginning of the year. It was like watching paint dry. Portsmouth improved as the year went along. They played four quarters of football last night. Congratulations on a good season. Coach keep those boys in the weight room and run, run and run. The team in the best shape wins forth quarter’s. Now for Ironton and Wheelersburg. As everyone is saying this is going to be awesome. Can’t wait to watch this one. I’m up drinking my coffee so I’m going to wait and study both teams for a few days before I comment. I will say this I hope the game is played at Portsmouth.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Greens new stadium will be done this week. Maybe play there or Rock Hill

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Fan Friday wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:00 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:30 am Give me the burg in an upset! Not easy to beat a team twice
No it’s not easy, but they beat Portsmouth twice this season! I’ll also add with a freshman 3rd string quarterback and numerous other starters out hurt.
Yeah but the score was a lot closer the second time around. Ironton is definitely the favorite don’t get me wrong. Even if they do win I really can’t see the score being like it was the first meeting.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:23 am Greens new stadium will be done this week. Maybe play there or Rock Hill
I would be shocked if either stadium has the capacity to hold this game.

RedmenFB10
Waterboy

Post by RedmenFB10 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:40 am
BigBoneJerome wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:23 am Greens new stadium will be done this week. Maybe play there or Rock Hill

I’d guess Rock hill has the same or more capacity than Portsmouth..

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

RedmenFB10 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:46 am

I think RH is 5700 and Portsmouth is 5500. Parking situation at Portsmouth is better, not sure they’d take that into account.

Who Dey!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:50 am I’m hearing Wheelersburg still can’t throw the football. Has anyone been able to run the football on Ironton this year? Running team plays right into Irontons strength.
Burg QB was 9/13 for 153 yards and 2 touchdowns last night. I think it time to give him and Burg’s passing game some respect.

Also hearing some injury talk on Ironton’s end. Burg been dealing with it all year too (all state-caliber TE/LB been out entire season). Ironton still the favorite here, but as Burg posters have been saying all along, they’re not 5 touchdowns better than Burg. This ain’t the same Burg team that was loose with the ball first 5 weeks of season.*

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:52 am

Keep Portsmouth that stadium is terrible.

I think RH is 5700 and Portsmouth is 5500. Parking situation at Portsmouth is better, not sure they’d take that into account.

RedmenFB10
Waterboy

Post by RedmenFB10 »

I figured it was close.. I think either place or Jackson would be the best.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah neither parking situation is great at all, still thinking Lucasville Valley they've been used to hosting a lot over the years, 4700 capacity with excellent parking capacity. Now with the bypass up makes for a easy trip for both teams.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Doesn’t appear Ironton is quite the Ironton of past 2 seasons, with that said, still team to beat. Can Burg do it? I would never count out the Burg. Burg beat Wood on 3 big plays and got 2 turnovers in Burg territory, as well as dodged bullet with Tingle breaking his ankle 1st series of 2nd half. Burg also played clean game with no turnovers. If Burg can create or catch same type of breaks next week they absolutely can win the game.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I also think its hard to beat a team twice !!! Burg

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Does anyone know if any of Ironton's injured players will be back for this game ? This is the big question, in my opinion.
If not, then burg has a shot. Full strength vs full strength... Ironton definitely wins.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:21 am

Yeah neither parking situation is great at all, still thinking Lucasville Valley they've been used to hosting a lot over the years, 4700 capacity with excellent parking capacity. Now with the bypass up makes for a easy trip for both teams.
Where do you park when you come to Portsmouth?

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

If that’s the case then play at south point why travel to valley. Should be closer to #1 seed not farther.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

LockHerUp wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:59 am Does anyone know if any of Ironton's injured players will be back for this game ? This is the big question, in my opinion.
If not, then burg has a shot. Full strength vs full strength... Ironton definitely wins.
Talking to a parent last night at ball game. Both #10 and #24 will be back next week and 💯 %. Looks like the only player not dressing is Carpenter.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Wk-13:Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by MrFirstTake »

Go2Guy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:30 am
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:21 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:14 am After all the talk after game 1 I bet there is some nervousness in Tiger Town

Wheelersburg has gotten better. Ironton has gotten worse. Wheelersburg is playing at their talent level. Ironton is playing below it. Ironton fans said the offensive line is bad. How can you be that big up front, return that many guys, and not be able to effectively run the football? There is no way. I agree with others there is no meaning to the play calling. It’s all over the place like their pulling plays out of a hat. If Ironton plays anything like tonight Wheelersburg wins

Ironton has had a couple rough games on offense this year. How many teams in SEO have a freshman starting his 2nd game against a team that went 8-3 and many thought could beat Wheelersburg and they still win. I noticed that QB3 was struggling taking snaps under center so looks like they had to manufacture out of the gun. Bottom line is Ironton will show up ready Saturday night. Better believe that. Ironton seniors are 11-3 in the playoffs. Remember everyone was jumping off the Burg bandwagon after Minford game and they flipped the script against Waverly. These Tigers get healthy with that Defense they are very good.
Irontons biggest enemy is the terrible play calling. Keep feeding#7 and #15 the ball. Why would you even consider running a QB sneak? Down to last QB now. Come on stop drawing plays out of a hat.
Have to agree here I literally said after the first interception Portsmouth threw I would give keys and Wilson the ball every darn play the rest of the game. Kill the clock and let the defense do their job and ya win easy!

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:16 am
LockHerUp wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:59 am Does anyone know if any of Ironton's injured players will be back for this game ? This is the big question, in my opinion.
Talking to a parent last night at ball game. Both #10 and #24 will be back next week and 💯 %. Looks like the only player not dressing is Carpenter.

I heard the same this morning and glad for it

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:26 am
Fan Friday wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:00 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:30 am Give me the burg in an upset! Not easy to beat a team twice
No it’s not easy, but they beat Portsmouth twice this season! I’ll also add with a freshman 3rd string quarterback and numerous other starters out hurt.
Yeah but the score was a lot closer the second time around. Ironton is definitely the favorite don’t get me wrong. Even if they do win I really can’t see the score being like it was the first meeting.
Ironton had 2nd string QB against Portsmouth who played those tough first 4 games of the year though QB3 a freshman had to walk out and win 2 playoffs games in his first start it’s impressive that they’ve won but it wasn’t because of the QB play

Return to “Football”