Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:22 pm Also - List of Teams in the SouthEast District who have won more than 26 playoff games in their all time history.

Ironton

That’s the list.

Where is Burg?? You said above Burg is 44-30 all time in the playoffs

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Game at waverly that means plenty of room. If prep travels like basketball they will have 7 people in the stands.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:57 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:22 pm Also - List of Teams in the SouthEast District who have won more than 26 playoff games in their all time history.

Ironton

That’s the list.

Where is Burg?? You said above Burg is 44-30 all time in the playoffs
Ok … last time.

The post you quoted is a response to a post about Coach Woodward being 26-12 in the playoffs.

It’s a complimentary post about Wheelersburg and Coach Woodward.

🤷‍♂️

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:55 pm

Ironton

That’s the list.
Huh? Didn’t you post above Burg was 44-30 in the playoffs?
Other than Wheelersburg was implied … but yeah.
Lol…sometimes I need spoken to slowly…

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I just had to explain it again.

So no worries.

Had a friend just text me saying “reading comprehension on SEOPS…”.

Made me chuckle

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:04 pm Game at waverly that means plenty of room. If prep travels like basketball they will have 7 people in the stands.

They should give burg the home side loo

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

That would be nice

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Burg should just take over the home side

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

The #Warriors are the higher seeded team, they earned their seeding and are the home team. I would hope OHSAA honors the rules of their own tournament.

I am sure 'Burg is a tough gritty team. Or they wouldn't be here. However, it would be short sighted to think Harvest Prep is not as gritty and tough as well. Ask Shadyside, ask Danville, heck ask Ironton what would have happened last year of Harvest Prep's star RB doesn't go down in the 1st qtr and is out for the game. They lead Ironton in the 4th qtr w no run game.

This year's team from Canal Winchester is exponentially better than last yrs team. 5 different players scored TD's for them Sat night, they spread the wealth. They prepared well playing teams like Hartley, Eastmoor and hard and long spring and summer program that matches many of the great traditional powers.

This is their 3rd time in 8 yrs to make the Reg Championship and one of the 3x's they reached the State Semi's. Coach Smith is a tough out and his kids are just like him.

Should be a good contest. Just what playoff football should be like. Fun times.

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

I saw HP play AC. While they do have a ton of speed, they are far more physical than people think. I was shocked watching them how physical they were. Had they not had multiple self inflicted errors, they would've ran clock on AC.

Hopefully I can get to Waverly this weekend to see this game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:46 pm Waverly is a great venue for this game, nice facilities and plenty of parking. I just watched the Jackson/Western Brown game at Waverly Friday night and it was easy to get in and out, and all parking was close to the stadium. Much better venue than Chillicothe or Nelsonville-York in my opinion. I'll definitely be going to this one! Good luck to the Burg!
Thanks

Im not 100% sure but I think Wheelersburg will be the home team since they are top of the bracket.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheLurker wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:32 pm I saw HP play AC. While they do have a ton of speed, they are far more physical than people think. I was shocked watching them how physical they were. Had they not had multiple self inflicted errors, they would've ran clock on AC.

Hopefully I can get to Waverly this weekend to see this game.
Very good football team.

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:04 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:46 pm Waverly is a great venue for this game, nice facilities and plenty of parking. I just watched the Jackson/Western Brown game at Waverly Friday night and it was easy to get in and out, and all parking was close to the stadium. Much better venue than Chillicothe or Nelsonville-York in my opinion. I'll definitely be going to this one! Good luck to the Burg!
Thanks

Im not 100% sure but I think Wheelersburg will be the home team since they are top of the bracket.
Is that how the brackets work in high school? I’m used to the NCAA Tournament brackets and you always stay the same number so HP would be the higher seed and the home team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:11 pm
Thanks

Is that how the brackets work in high school? I’m used to the NCAA Tournament brackets and you always stay the same number so HP would be the higher seed and the home team.
I’m not sure

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ok, Harvest Prep is the home team due to them being the higher seed.
However, ticket sales will be looked at by the OHSAA tp determine who gets the home bleachers.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm Ok, Harvest Prep is the home team due to them being the higher seed.
However, ticket sales will be looked at by the OHSAA tp determine who gets the home bleachers.

What happened to if you beat the top seed you took over the top seed spot??

Shouldn’t be a problem Burg outselling them but if they don’t and they give them the home side Burg will just surround them and I don’t think Waverly or the OH$AA does the right thing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:15 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Thanks

I’m not sure
According to OHSAA website Burg is still #5

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:00 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm Ok, Harvest Prep is the home team due to them being the higher seed.

What happened to if you beat the top seed you took over the top seed spot??

Shouldn’t be a problem Burg outselling them but if they don’t and they give them the home side Burg will just surround them and I don’t think Waverly or the OH$AA does the right thing.
When has Oshaa ever done a reseed in football? We know they can swap stands because it happened last weekend though.

Ballin10
Freshman Team

Post by Ballin10 »

Its crazy to think 3 years ago Harvest prep was taking on Trimble in the division 7 regional final

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I believe ironton was the best team in this region. Which makes me believe that burg might be having a magical run. They’ve played really good the past few games.

Return to “Football”