Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:52 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:38 pm First, Unioto is very good. They should challenge Paint Valley for their league this year. I can see them going 7-3 or 8-2 this season. Both Hoops kids are special athletes, the Fox kid is special (we did a pretty decent job on him), Tuttle, and their offensive line quick and strong. Should be a good year to be a Sherman.

As far as Vinton County, I thought defensively we looked pretty solid. Unioto's first score was on fourth down on a throw back, our outside backer blitzed and lost contain, that resulted in an easy score. The touchdown before half should have never happen, they gave up a big run with the clock winding down to get to first down, and then a couple of plays later, they let someone get off tackle on them with .6 on the clock before half, that's not good at all.

In the second half, it was pretty much what this game should have been, a slugfest coming down to one score.

Offensively, we just did not look good. Molihan was one of the best athletes on the field and he could not get going. I don't know why. Was it what Unioto did? A failure up front? Or schematically, we are out of sorts? I don't know. But probably a combination of all three.

But here's to week 2.
I like your take on, "the touchdown before half should have never happened..." That's what I say about the two TD's Nelsonville scored and the FG they kicked. Should have never happened, but TD's should have happened every time we got into the red zone. So really, we should have won the game and made it 5 in a row. :o
Thinking the same thing lol. That's like the ole if we would have made our shots in basketball we would have won. Lol.
If the ball didn't go foul it was a hit.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:13 pm
hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:38 pm First, Unioto is very good. They should challenge Paint Valley for their league this year. I can see them going 7-3 or 8-2 this season. Both Hoops kids are special athletes, the Fox kid is special (we did a pretty decent job on him), Tuttle, and their offensive line quick and strong. Should be a good year to be a Sherman.

As far as Vinton County, I thought defensively we looked pretty solid. Unioto's first score was on fourth down on a throw back, our outside backer blitzed and lost contain, that resulted in an easy score. The touchdown before half should have never happen, they gave up a big run with the clock winding down to get to first down, and then a couple of plays later, they let someone get off tackle on them with .6 on the clock before half, that's not good at all.

In the second half, it was pretty much what this game should have been, a slugfest coming down to one score.

Offensively, we just did not look good. Molihan was one of the best athletes on the field and he could not get going. I don't know why. Was it what Unioto did? A failure up front? Or schematically, we are out of sorts? I don't know. But probably a combination of all three.

But here's to week 2.
I like your take on, "the touchdown before half should have never happened..." That's what I say about the two TD's Nelsonville scored and the FG they kicked. Should have never happened, but TD's should have happened every time we got into the red zone. So really, we should have won the game and made it 5 in a row. :o
Thinking the same thing lol. That's like the ole if we would have made our shots in basketball we would have won. Lol.
Ok Einsteins, what I meant, the clock had stopped at .6 mark before the half on a tackle out-of-bounds. So the next play, was a straight hand-off off tackle, so it wasn't like they schemed something to score. Hoops was content to runout the clock, but, we either lost assignment, blitzed, and missed tackles, therefore, they scored. That is why it should have never happened. It wasn't like they threw an Hail Mary, Hook and Ladder, or a double reverse. THEY RAN OFF TACKLE. That says more about us than it did them. :roll:

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm

Ok Einsteins, what I meant, the clock had stopped at .6 mark before the half on a tackle out-of-bounds. So the next play, was a straight hand-off off tackle, so it wasn't like they schemed something to score. Hoops was content to runout the clock, but, we either lost assignment, blitzed, and missed tackles, therefore, they scored. That is why it should have never happened. It wasn't like they threw an Hail Mary, Hook and Ladder, or a double reverse. THEY RAN OFF TACKLE. That says more about us than it did them. :roll:
I get it Isaac Newton, and I agree with you and I like your thinking cougar. Like I said, Nelsonville's td's shouldn't have happened, and them stopping us in the red zone shouldn't have happened. Therefore, we should have won the game. So I'm saying we are 1-0 now, and sitting at the top of the region.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

But here's to week 2.
Exactly, you can say this every game. What if Unioto didn’t throw 2 picks in the red zone or back to back personal fouls to give VC its only touchdown. Then it’s 35-0

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm

You lost, let it go. VC doesn't want to play Jackson anytime soon as that rumor was going around. Good luck this week.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Re: Vinton County @ Unioto week 1

Post by VC94 »

Union Local Kid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:22 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:13 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:39 am

Agree. With how these games have played out in the past, I dont get people predicting Vinton County blowing The U out.
Did read on here they got some transfers, maybe that's why?
There’s only a couple of posters on here that have VC blowing out Unioto. VC did get some move ins and will be much better under second year coach TJ Carper. However, Unioto has traditionally given VC a lot of problems in week 1. No one in VC expects this to be an easy win. We will know more about this matchup when scrimmages take place. Then you’ll see predictions that actually have merit behind them. Until then, it’s just a complete guessing game.
Agreed... The excitement is there and it seems like the community is well aware of that excitement. Some people on here are just a bit too far out there with their predictions. There has not been many times (if ever) that VC has blown out the U. If it happens this time, then I'll be genuinely shocked. I want to believe the hype and excitement but...until the results are in for week 1, I am going temper my expectations. This game will tell us a lot about both teams.
NO Results

Return to “Football”