Freshman Team

Re: What's going on at Warren?

Post by rockcoach »

Coach Shriver did resign.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:12 am What’s going on at Warren?
A few kids not playing altogether.
1 for sure specifically transferring to play elsewhere.
Turnover on the coaching staff.
It’s interesting bc in all my years of watching football in the area even when the teams weren’t great at Warren they traditionally didn’t have their best athletes quit or transfer.
It leaves me with the question, are the kids different or is there a bigger issue on hand?
MOVSPORTS wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:35 am MOV Reporter (Rumors/Questions)
Jimmy Bell joining the Warren staff?
Proctor DC/ST Coordinator @ Belpre?
With Taylor gone I assume Gandee will take over the OC position?

Will Peyton’s Son start for Warren this year?
Rumors being answered here at MOVSPORTS

Taylor wasnt the OC at Warren lst yr. So I’m guessing Peyton called his own Offense.? If so that’s surprising considering how bland they were offensively. This year looks to be a very low ceiling for them with the same OC with less talent. Yikes

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:38 pm When do they scrimmage ?
August 5th and 12th I believe. South Point and Roane Co. WV
Last edited by beg003 on Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Jimmy Bell - absolutely not.
No idea about Proctor because he coached neither of those things at Warren.
Gandee coaches defense, so no.
Peyton’s son isn’t even in high school yet. So, again, no.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Have been hearing good things coming from the first few days of practice. Aden Strahler (JR) has flashed at outside linebacker and so has Eric Carr (SO) at free safety. Strahler was a D2 All-Ohio wrestler as a sophomore and is likely the best football player on the team. Carr is another wrestler who is track fast. Nehemiah Reeder (SO) is another player who has some explosion and physicality. The defense should be pretty fast and physical. Nick Cressey (JR) has either 9 or 10 interceptions at corner in two varsity seasons, so he will be another kid to pay attention to. For all the negativity, it seems like the kids who are there are bought in and enjoying themselves. Looking forward to what should be an enjoyable season.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:23 am

Jimmy Bell - absolutely not.
No idea about Proctor because he coached neither of those things at Warren.
Gandee coaches defense, so no.
Peyton’s son isn’t even in high school yet. So, again, no.
Last edited by MOVSPORTS on Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:36 am Have been hearing good things coming from the first few days of practice. Aden Strahler (JR) has flashed at outside linebacker and so has Eric Carr (SO) at free safety. Strahler was a D2 All-Ohio wrestler as a sophomore and is likely the best football player on the team. Carr is another wrestler who is track fast. Nehemiah Reeder (SO) is another player who has some explosion and physicality. The defense should be pretty fast and physical. Nick Cressey (JR) has either 9 or 10 interceptions at corner in two varsity seasons, so he will be another kid to pay attention to. For all the negativity, it seems like the kids who are there are bought in and enjoying themselves. Looking forward to what should be an enjoyable season.
From what I’ve gathered Warren is going to need to be near perfect defensively. Offensively it sounds like most believe offensively they’ll take a step backwards from last year. From what you’ve said sounds like they have a few players on D that will get the job done in the secondary.But What do they have up front? Is it enough to free backers up to make plays?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Ya’ll fellas should feel fortunate that you dropped Meigs. We’re building monsters in Marauder land and we will be opening cans of whoopass on the teams in the area. So it’s good for Warren that they replaced us with a winnable game. Of course one of the first things the new Belpre coach did was to drop us off the schedule. Must be a Washington County thing.

I know, I was D1 fellas
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

The work you have done with athletes in that weight room is remarkable. 10-0 this season! Would have been fun to smack Washington county teams around. Maybe they will nut up in the future.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

*D1* wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:28 pm Ya’ll fellas should feel fortunate that you dropped Meigs. We’re building monsters in Marauder land and we will be opening cans of whoopass on the teams in the area. So it’s good for Warren that they replaced us with a winnable game. Of course one of the first things the new Belpre coach did was to drop us off the schedule. Must be a Washington County thing.
Again, I shouldn’t engage with this, but you can’t BS facts. Last two matchups had an average score of 53.5-14, and not in your favor. 66-28 in 2019 and 41-0 in 2020. You have “monsters” in those games? As I recall, you gave up almost 700 yards of total offense in 2019.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:19 pm
*D1* wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:28 pm Ya’ll fellas should feel fortunate that you dropped Meigs. We’re building monsters in Marauder land and we will be opening cans of whoopass on the teams in the area. So it’s good for Warren that they replaced us with a winnable game. Of course one of the first things the new Belpre coach did was to drop us off the schedule. Must be a Washington County thing.
Again, I shouldn’t engage with this, but you can’t BS facts. Last two matchups had an average score of 53.5-14, and not in your favor. 66-28 in 2019 and 41-0 in 2020. You have “monsters” in those games? As I recall, you gave up almost 700 yards of total offense in 2019.
Comparing Warren to Meigs is like comparing Fort Frye to Warren. Similar results when the Warriors play the Cadets. Just facts….. haha

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Blue

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

That was then. This is now. Nut up and play. The weight room has finally had time to pay dividends. Nut up and play ball.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:52 am
That was then. This is now. Nut up and play. The weight room has finally had time to pay dividends. Nut up and play ball.
Ancient history. Back then we were just getting started building the monsters and the players were still not listening. The last half of last year the players finally started listening to the coaches and the wins came easy. The players now realize when they listen we can beat anyone on our schedule. I give your coaches credit for seeing the writing on the wall though and dropping us before the transformation and beatings started.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

*D1* wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:02 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:52 am
Ancient history. Back then we were just getting started building the monsters and the players were still not listening. The last half of last year the players finally started listening to the coaches and the wins came easy. The players now realize when they listen we can beat anyone on our schedule. I give your coaches credit for seeing the writing on the wall though and dropping us before the transformation and beatings started.
The M in the middle of Meigs field stands for Mediocre. Go troll your own thread. This is for Warren.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Let's keep this to what is progressing at Warren.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:24 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:53 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:30 pm

If you, the AD and Super are all in support of letting good STUDENT- athletes leave a program then you are all part of the “problem”. Maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself if Warren is really doing the right thing to these STUDENT -athletes or not? In my opinion, they are not. The solution in my opinion, would be Gandee as head coach. Should’ve been his job to start with. But that’s just my opinion as well.
I guess I’m confused as to what “letting them leave” means? No sport begs kids to play. If that’s what these kids are after, then it isn’t going to happen. To play or not play is their prerogative. No one forced them to go. They didn’t like the coach and that’s okay. To act like the whole system is broken because 3 or 4 kids decided it wasn’t for them is a bit extreme. But you’re entitled to your opinion, no question. We can disagree and that’s fine.
By saying no one forced them to go is the whole problem. Ask any one of the kids who left if they were or weren’t forced out by something and I’m sure they will all have the same or similar reason. Seniors just don’t quit a sport after playing it for 10+ years, or transfer to other schools to play because they weren’t forced out by something. The last time I checked, there are close to 10-12 kids not playing this year who were on the original summer roster last year. Not just 3-4. It’s a program problem for sure. Just my opinion.

When you sit back and look at which kids chose to sit out this football season I noticed a unique pattern. I might be wrong but from what I’ve seen the kids that are sitting out are the kids of coaches that were let go last season and their close friends. Seems like if this is true then Warren might be getting rid of “daddy ball”. If that’s the case then that’s is a huge step in the right direction.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

Fballislife wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:28 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:53 pm
I guess I’m confused as to what “letting them leave” means? No sport begs kids to play. If that’s what these kids are after, then it isn’t going to happen. To play or not play is their prerogative. No one forced them to go. They didn’t like the coach and that’s okay. To act like the whole system is broken because 3 or 4 kids decided it wasn’t for them is a bit extreme. But you’re entitled to your opinion, no question. We can disagree and that’s fine.
By saying no one forced them to go is the whole problem. Ask any one of the kids who left if they were or weren’t forced out by something and I’m sure they will all have the same or similar reason. Seniors just don’t quit a sport after playing it for 10+ years, or transfer to other schools to play because they weren’t forced out by something. The last time I checked, there are close to 10-12 kids not playing this year who were on the original summer roster last year. Not just 3-4. It’s a program problem for sure. Just my opinion.

When you sit back and look at which kids chose to sit out this football season I noticed a unique pattern. I might be wrong but from what I’ve seen the kids that are sitting out are the kids of coaches that were let go last season and their close friends. Seems like if this is true then Warren might be getting rid of “daddy ball”. If that’s the case then that’s is a huge step in the right direction.
I’d argue Warren lost their best assistant and their two best players so when I sit back and analyze what’s happening at Warren. I don’t think anyone can confidently say Warren is in a better place today with changes that were made. That’s not even counting the other 4-5 other players who could have contributed at the varsity level this year that were supposed to return but didn’t for some reason. I honestly don’t know how anyone could possibly be happy with the lack of talent and depth the program possesses 3 years after making a playoff push. So if you think losing good talent and experienced coaching is the recipe to win games I’d say you’re wrong.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm

I’d argue Warren lost their best assistant and their two best players so when I sit back and analyze what’s happening at Warren. I don’t think anyone can confidently say Warren is in a better place today with changes that were made. That’s not even counting the other 4-5 other players who could have contributed at the varsity level this year that were supposed to return but didn’t for some reason. I honestly don’t know how anyone could possibly be happy with the lack of talent and depth the program possesses 3 years after making a playoff push. So if you think losing good talent and experienced coaching is the recipe to win games I’d say you’re wrong.

And your solution would be? I strongly disagree with several of your points but I want to hear what you would do to fix the “problems.”

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:30 pm
MOVSPORTS wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:00 pm

And your solution would be? I strongly disagree with several of your points but I want to hear what you would do to fix the “problems.”
Find the nerve to explain to me what points you strongly disagree with.?

Return to “Football”