August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

RBH23
S

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:49 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:21 pm I seen the Facebook post your talking about

Only 2 HS transfers in the group.

Layne life long Ironton kid

Roach and Patterson came to Ironton in 7th and 8th grade.

Soo not totally accurate.
mustard wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:29 pm Ahhh yesss.. lol 😂

the scioto county allstars vs the Tri state allstars

lol 😂

what’s the transfer count this year??? burg 1 arnton 3 or 4..
they lost one because he wasn’t d1 enough 😂

i just saw on Ironton social media that 5 players got their stripes all of them were from other schools 😂

fact is neither team can do anything unless they go pilfer other teams players… 😂
If lil burgs seops fanbase were fans of a program that actually was capable of making it out of their region more than 3 times in two and a half decades their TIGER ENVY wouldn't inspire them to make such half cocked mistakes. It almost feels like without a guy on an opposing teams sideline with a cell phone and
recording devices the lil burg program has lost a step.

#lilsis💅
Burg fan base = fans of a team that won a state title in 2017.

Ironton fan base = fans of a team that hasn’t won a title since 1989, that brag about being the high school version of the Buffalo Bills, and whose coach has to beg players from other schools to play for IHS so that he can have some hope of achievement.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:45 am
RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:47 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 pm

Which lil native jolly pirate gets bumped for the Trojan recruit at lil burg?
Pendleton tried to land that one but struck out.

Seriously, how long until he tries to bail on Ironton again? I give it less than five years. Recruiting will dry up and IHS will be begging to get back into the OVC.
the lil burg seops fanbase = big on accusation/short on evidence.
lil burg football = big on talk/but cant get out of their own region to even play a game in canton

#lilsis💅
Burg won a state title in Canton. How many has Ironton won in that stadium?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:27 am

Seriously, how long until he tries to bail on Ironton again? I give it less than five years. Recruiting will dry up and IHS will be begging to get back into the OVC.
lil burg football = big on talk/but cant get out of their own region to even play a game in canton

#lilsis💅
Go away you take over every post with you always pointing out the same things over and over again. I would liked to talk about football not reading about you crying all the time.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:23 pm

lol 😂

i just saw on Ironton social media that 5 players got their stripes all of them were from other schools 😂

fact is neither team can do anything unless they go pilfer other teams players… 😂
Shhhiiii...I'm confused then cause lil burg pilfers and has "superior coaching & culture" but have been the best team in their own region only THREE TIMES IN TWO & A HALF DECADES!! 🤷‍♂️😭

#lilsis💅
doesn’t matter…..

😂 both programs and coaches would be average without the recruiting lol 😂

but both fan bases brag about how great they are like you and RB23 when the rest of us know tha truth

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

#lilsis💅
A state title is a state title no matter where it is played.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

osu 77 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:46 am

#lilsis💅
Go away you take over every post with you always pointing out the same things over and over again. I would liked to talk about football not reading about you crying all the time.
Me too, but we have some IHS fans intent on wanting to just talk trash, so to quote IHS’s Mr 1989 “meeting energy with energy…”. 😂

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

mustard wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:37 am

lol 😂

Shhhiiii...I'm confused then cause lil burg pilfers and has "superior coaching & culture" but have been the best team in their own region only THREE TIMES IN TWO & A HALF DECADES!! 🤷‍♂️😭

#lilsis💅
doesn’t matter…..

but both fan bases brag about how great they are like you and RB23 when the rest of us know tha truth
If we want to go that direction, Burg has actually won a football state title with zero recruits.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

lol 😂

#lilsis💅
doesn’t matter…..

Somebody needs to let you seops old heads in on a lil something. What you call "recruiting" is here forever and will only expand. It's a tool. Some programs are ambitous. Some are not. I know ambition feels a lil weird in a small town unless it is the cookie cutter "ambition" of doing the same ol forever and stuff never changing, but this isn't the slight or frank language you think it is. You prunes shout "they recruit" I shout back, "WE RECRUIT VERY WELL AND OUTRECRUIT YOUR LAZY PROGRAM!!"

Gonna have to come to terms with it or continue to get outworked like the burgs seasoned sideline. Only been able to make it out of their own region 3 times in two and a half decades.

Way I see it it is just another category Ironton football consistently outperforms and outworks burg football in. Per just like the rest of the categories. 😭

#FairlandInIrontonColors #lilsis💅

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:59 pm

#lilsis💅
doesn’t matter…..

Somebody needs to let you seops old heads in on a lil something. What you call "recruiting" is here forever and will only expand. It's a tool. Some programs are ambitous. Some are not. I know ambition feels a lil weird in a small town unless it is the cookie cutter "ambition" of doing the same ol forever and stuff never changing, but this isn't the slight or frank language you think it is. You prunes shout "they recruit" I shout back, "WE RECRUIT VERY WELL AND OUTRECRUIT YOUR LAZY PROGRAM!!"

Gonna have to come to terms with it or continue to get outworked like the burgs seasoned sideline. Only been able to make it out of their own region 3 times in two and a half decades.

Way I see it it is just another category Ironton football consistently outperforms and outworks burg football in. Per just like the rest of the categories. 😭

😂
Only way you tiger and burg clowns can win but it makes you feel better at night when you hold your tiger pillow of how great your team is when the truth is you’d suck without the other teams best players 😂

but don’t worry both the pirates and tigers can’t beat the teams up north or the mac schools who always have the lesser amount of cb numbers 😂

but continue to brag to the tri state masses we are all impressed 😂 😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

mustard wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:24 pm

doesn’t matter…..

😂
Only way you tiger and burg clowns can win but it makes you feel better at night when you hold your tiger pillow of how great your team is when the truth is you’d suck without the other teams best players 😂

but don’t worry both the pirates and tigers can’t beat the teams up north or the mac schools who always have the lesser amount of cb numbers 😂

Since were givin nicknames I'd venture to guess you are captain obvious. Do the smallest schools from the smallest and poorest counties have to "recruit" to thrive and sometimes survive at a high level? Where ya been? 😭 This a mystery? Is someone spose to be offended by reality? Mustad should ketchup.lol. I'm not gonna be ya average seops Ironton fan chief. Maybe we haven't been introduced. I'm the guy who gaf what some old rule sourpuss has to whine about "recruiting" because I encourage. I'm also NOT the guy who is offended by the reality that on most occassions ohio kids from seo have a hard time competing with kids in NEO and the Cin metro area for a bunch of reasons in just about everything on average. I'm not pressed by that. They would struggle against most kids in their age group here as well in a lot of different ways for a lotta different reasons. I'm not offended because I have perspective. Lit a dud my guy. 💯

Also - it STILL doesn't take away from my point.

"Recruiting" is just another category Ironton BUSTS lil burgs 🍑👈🙈🙊 IN!! 👈 Just like all the other categories.

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

mustard wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:24 pm

doesn’t matter…..

😂

Lobbin 🍭's!! 👈😭

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

#lilsis💅
He has a 🍆 ON 👀🤡 for criticizing the coaching staff at Ironton. He has a TON of accusations and he said/ she saids.... BUT, when it gets down to evidence supporting time all you get is go ask this or go ask that. 😭 Dude said he lives in the Cincy area but he's still using the whole heresay is fact small town seo logic. Not an OUNCE of evidence. Not once. But he's not alone. Since lil burg struggles to even win their conference these days and have managed to make it out of their own region only a WHOPPING 3 times in two and a half DECADES, the new pastime for the lil burg seops fanbase is hurl unsupported allegation of misconsuct. They can't beat Ironton OR as of last year - ANY RANKED TEAM FROM THEIR REGION 😭 - so if ya can't compete may as well slander

We all know how little step sisters can be. 💅

#lilsis

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:38 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:43 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:11 pm Certainly not Ironton’s fastest or most talented team in the past 5 years, but that o-line is strong and Williams at RB is a Mack truck.
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller
I believe Ironton is the absolute best team in southeastern ohio for the last several years. But my question always is has there o and d lines improved enough that they won't get embarrassed in canton in the last game of the year. Like they have several times recently. My guess is no.
It’s not just line play, they need to sharpen their X’s and O’s and improve their discipline.

The 38-0 loss to Kirtland was so bad because Ironton’s offensive strategy was to just give the ball to Carrico and hope he could carry the team. Kirtland sold out just to stop him, but Ironton appeared to make no adjustments. On the D side, Ironton’s line did great early on but wore out over time.

Against Burg in 2021, Ironton was up 14-3 after Q1 while dominating both lines and nearly every aspect of the game. The IHS offensive coordinator suddenly lost his mind and decided to air it out against a undermanned Burg team. Absolutely the worst play calling I have ever seen by a team of Ironton’s caliber. If the IHS O would have simply taken a knee and punted during every possession (while up 14-3), IHS wins that game.

Finally, 2023… gave up blocked punts in back to back games! How is that possible? The first against VV could be seen coming by Stevie Wonder; the special teams coach must have snuck off for a bathroom break. But to let it happen again the exact same way in the next game against SR? Special teams coach should have been forced to walk back to Ironton from Canton!

I know Ironton fans say “only if our line played better” but there has been more to their end of season collapses than just line play. Silly penalties, poor play calling, special team lapses, etc…
The dropped snaps from under center in state games have been awful the last few years. That hurt more than anything. It wasn’t just the o line…someone needed to say it, sorry not sorry!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:16 am

He has a 🍆 ON 👀🤡 for criticizing the coaching staff at Ironton. He has a TON of accusations and he said/ she saids.... BUT, when it gets down to evidence supporting time all you get is go ask this or go ask that. 😭 Dude said he lives in the Cincy area but he's still using the whole heresay is fact small town seo logic. Not an OUNCE of evidence. Not once. But he's not alone. Since lil burg struggles to even win their conference these days and have managed to make it out of their own region only a WHOPPING 3 times in two and a half DECADES, the new pastime for the lil burg seops fanbase is hurl unsupported allegation of misconsuct. They can't beat Ironton OR as of last year - ANY RANKED TEAM FROM THEIR REGION 😭 - so if ya can't compete may as well slander

We all know how little step sisters can be. 💅

#lilsis
Mr 1989, you are all over the place while contradicting yourself. Accuse me of making false recruiting allegations while bragging about how great Ironton recruits 🤦‍♂️. Are you drunk?

As for the “woe is us” attitude with regards to SEO teams not being able to compete, that’s complete BS. It’s been proven SEO teams can dominate the state in other sports, why should football be different? Takes a combination of some talent, exceptional coaching, and rigorous discipline. Ironton had more talent last year than any D5 team in the history of Ohio high school football, but they were not strong enough in the other two areas.

Need more proof? Just look at Kirtland. Before 2006, that program had never won a playoff game! Tiger LaVerde shows up and transformed the entire program into a juggernaut.

Does he recruit? Nope. Do they get lots of transfers? No, Kirtland has closed borders. Do they have exceptional talent? Not even close to the talent IHS has had over the years; probably even slightly less than Burg. Must have a unique offense that is difficult to replicate? No, their offense is very basic and simple.

Yet through great coaching, incredible discipline, and laser focus on doing the basics extremely well, Kirtland dominates.

As an IHS kool-aid drinker, you have settled too long for bad losses. You accept being the Buffalo Bills of high school football when IHS has the talent and recruits to be the Patriots.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Crybabies have ruined this site, suggest a monitor sees the word recruit or transfer in a post . that post is removed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Rucker can get the ball to his playmakers and make some plays with his legs, Burg can compete. Look for Burg to also try and control the LOS and use the RB by committee in this game.

I look for a low scoring game.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 am If Rucker can get the ball to his playmakers and make some plays with his legs, Burg can compete. Look for Burg to also try and control the LOS and use the RB by committee in this game.

He will determine everything for Burg in this game imo. And how Ironton decides to go after him defensively

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

callie15 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:04 am Crybabies have ruined this site, suggest a monitor sees the word recruit or transfer in a post . that post is removed.
Just click on the username of the person you don't want to see the messages of and you'll see add foe, click that and you won't see their initial post. Now if someone replies to their post you will see it but it cuts out on a lot of that crap.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:10 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:30 am If Rucker can get the ball to his playmakers and make some plays with his legs, Burg can compete. Look for Burg to also try and control the LOS and use the RB by committee in this game.

He will determine everything for Burg in this game imo. And how Ironton decides to go after him defensively
Agree. Tough place for a sophomore to make his first varsity start.

To Yabba’s post, running back by committee needs to have some success to keep the pressure off Rucker. If no run threat, Rucker could be running for his life and in for a long night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:44 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:10 am

Agree. Tough place for a sophomore to make his first varsity start.

To Yabba’s post, running back by committee needs to have some success to keep the pressure off Rucker. If no run threat, Rucker could be running for his life and in for a long night.
Burg will have one of the best backs in the area.

Return to “Football”