Fans Complaining About Transfers

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: Fans Complaining About Transfers

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:56 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:37 pm

Not true at all. The teams that dominate D5-D7 in the state of Ohio rarely to never get transfers.
Small communities where families grow up and then another generation does the same thing, go above those divisions and it’s a very normal thing
I live in Cincy. Other than the catholic schools, it’s not that common unless a family moves into a district due to family job change, etc. But they are not moving around the public schools for football.

Last pro athlete that hit it big from this area is Luke Kennard. He played ball at a below average bball/fball school named Franklin. Didn’t transfer to a powerhouse program. Didn’t jump ship. Yet somehow, from this rinky dink high school, he made it to the NBA.
Take a look up north in Cleveland and look at Glenville, that’s a whole other can of worms bc they don’t have high CB numbers but many kids have been vocal of being transfers there. And that high school is a public city league team and they’ve had top 10 in the country of sending kids to the NFL. Marshon Lattimore is the most notable right now

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:22 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Small communities where families grow up and then another generation does the same thing, go above those divisions and it’s a very normal thing
I live in Cincy. Other than the catholic schools, it’s not that common unless a family moves into a district due to family job change, etc. But they are not moving around the public schools for football.

Last pro athlete that hit it big from this area is Luke Kennard. He played ball at a below average bball/fball school named Franklin. Didn’t transfer to a powerhouse program. Didn’t jump ship. Yet somehow, from this rinky dink high school, he made it to the NBA.
Take a look up north in Cleveland and look at Glenville, that’s a whole other can of worms bc they don’t have high CB numbers but many kids have been vocal of being transfers there. And that high school is a public city league team and they’ve had top 10 in the country of sending kids to the NFL. Marshon Lattimore is the most notable right now
Meanwhile, the education provided by that school and the academic success of the students are atrocious. Football success for the very few, a life of poverty for the vast many. Yep, there’s a success story!

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-h ... hool-15151

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

:)
RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:39 pm

Meanwhile, the education provided by that school and the academic success of the students are atrocious. Football success for the very few, a life of poverty for the vast many. Yep, there’s a success story!

You were the one who brought education into it I never said a thing abt it, you brought up Luke kennard who went to a small school so I brought up a team with a ton of transfers and are having success in football and named a notable player who went there. Back to football there’s a good chance they go back to back in D IV

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:47 pm :)

You were the one who brought education into it I never said a thing abt it, you brought up Luke kennard who went to a small school so I brought up a team with a ton of transfers and are having success in football and named a notable player who went there. Back to football there’s a good chance they go back to back in D IV
You said that at bigger divisions, transfers are “a very normal thing”, yet you only list one school. I can list many others where transfers are rare. As I said, it’s not that common at public schools.

My reason for bringing up education goes back to the point I was trying to make that all of this focus on transfers and NIL is forgetting the most important part about school: getting an education!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:23 pm

You said that at bigger divisions, transfers are “a very normal thing”, yet you only list one school. I can list many others where transfers are rare. As I said, it’s not that common at public schools.

My reason for bringing up education goes back to the point I was trying to make that all of this focus on transfers and NIL is forgetting the most important part about school: getting an education!

Well you live in Cincinnati tell me abt Moeller and Elder and LaSalle all of which take transfers and I can guarantee most of those aren’t just for football but for education!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:27 pm

Well you live in Cincinnati tell me abt Moeller and Elder and LaSalle all of which take transfers and I can guarantee most of those aren’t just for football but for education!
I was referring to public schools; those are not public. And yes, the public schools in this area complain constantly about the recruiting. Most refuse to play them.

Yes, education is a HUGE part of these schools. Graduation rates are close to 100% with over 90% of the students going on to college. These schools are serious about academics, especially since most parents are paying over $15k per year for tuition.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 pm

I was referring to public schools; those are not public. And yes, the public schools in this area complain constantly about the recruiting. Most refuse to play them.

Yes, education is a HUGE part of these schools. Graduation rates are close to 100% with over 90% of the students going on to college. These schools are serious about academics, especially since most parents are paying over $15k per year for tuition.
Brother if the parents have $15k in cash laying around to send their kid to a high school, betting their kid would graduate from any high school and go to college. Not like these schools are taking random kids and turning them into Ivy Leaguers.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:41 pm

Brother if the parents have $15k in cash laying around to send their kid to a high school, betting their kid would graduate from any high school and go to college. Not like these schools are taking random kids and turning them into Ivy Leaguers.
Parents spend crazy money here to send their kids to these schools despite the fantastic public schools. The Catholic schools are not even the most expensive. The most prestigious schools are around $25k to $30k per year.

Definitely not claiming that these schools turn kids into Ivy Leaguers. My point is that the kids these catholic schools recruit have to be able to cut it academically. Just not about athletics.

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

When you look at the percentage of high school athletes that actually go to college it's 7 percent so transferring is more to build High school teams, also with today's social media a standout player will get noticed on an average team, they should just have a rule that unless a transfer is more than 30 miles from your home school you set out one year

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

💯
ValleyStrong wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:36 pm There is and has always been loopholes in the transfer or move rules. Ohio is behind all southern states in athlete development for 2 old reasons, and 1 new.
1. Southern states recruit beginning in Jr. High
2. Ohio is one of the states that does not have spring football.
NIL has now made HS football a job to get paid at the next level. Open enrollment is the only solution. It is a business and the kids are trying to develop and build a resume. How can you fault the kid or parent for trying to improve the odds for their job. Should you only work in a certain radius of where you live? Or take a lower wage since you do not? These are young adults not little kids who are trying for a future beyond their hometown.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:26 am 💯
ValleyStrong wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:36 pm There is and has always been loopholes in the transfer or move rules. Ohio is behind all southern states in athlete development for 2 old reasons, and 1 new.
NIL has now made HS football a job to get paid at the next level. Open enrollment is the only solution. It is a business and the kids are trying to develop and build a resume. How can you fault the kid or parent for trying to improve the odds for their job. Should you only work in a certain radius of where you live? Or take a lower wage since you do not? These are young adults not little kids who are trying for a future beyond their hometown.
Treating high school sports as a job is setting the kids up for failure. What incentive does a high school QB getting NIL money have to study in class? Is the school really going to declare him academically ineligible?

Now let’s suppose he goes to a school like Ironton that will graduate a kid that can read or do basic math (yes, this did happen under Lutz), what chance does he have in college even if he does get an athletic scholarship?

His entire future is being wagered in the hopes that this kid miraculously goes pro and has a decent career. Education/trades school should come first, sports second.

As for southern schools being ahead of Ohio on this topic, this focus on athletics and disregard for education is a major problem in the south. It’s why all the SEC and ACC schools pack Cincy high schools recruiting kids who academically can cut it at the next level. These schools offer northern kids incredible academic scholarships. Why? Because the public schools in the south are atrocious.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

You mean to tell me rich areas have great schools and poor areas have bad schools? You’re blowing me away!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:47 am You mean to tell me rich areas have great schools and poor areas have bad schools? You’re blowing me away!
Wheelersburg is a really good school but far from rich. Most the MAC schools do very well academically but not rich either.

Walnut Hills (a Cincy public school) is one of the best schools in Ohio but located in a poor area of Cincy. They take education very seriously (have to test to get in). An area they do not excel? Athletics!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I bet if we started a Lawrence County high school where we took the top 10% of 8th graders from each county school, we’d look great too! Comparing a school like that to a school that takes all comers is just not worth your time.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:49 am I bet if we started a Lawrence County high school where we took the top 10% of 8th graders from each county school, we’d look great too! Comparing a school like that to a school that takes all comers is just not worth your time.
The MAC schools don’t do that. Neither does Burg.

Walnut Hills is just an example where money doesn’t matter if the focus is academics. Based on your comment about top 10% of Lawrence county, you seem to agree with me.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Why should a fan care if a kid can move schools to help him experience a positive in his life and be a part of something good. Maybe these kids are going so they can win and maybe because they hate where they’re at and how they are treated. Nevertheless, I am not sure why everyone loves to sit around and judge kids. These kids don’t owe anyone on this site anything. It is simply there time to enjoy there 4 years in high school. You had your time so let these kids enjoy there time.
And if that means moving to another school makes them happy, then let them go.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Who is complaining though cause it's sound like it's likely just old heads like it is here in which case I will reiterate; nobody cares grandad. Lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

allaboutsports wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:29 pm Why should a fan care if a kid can move schools to help him experience a positive in his life and be a part of something good. Maybe these kids are going so they can win and maybe because they hate where they’re at and how they are treated. Nevertheless, I am not sure why everyone loves to sit around and judge kids. These kids don’t owe anyone on this site anything. It is simply there time to enjoy there 4 years in high school. You had your time so let these kids enjoy there time.
And if that means moving to another school makes them happy, then let them go.
Old sour men.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:06 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:26 am 💯
Treating high school sports as a job is setting the kids up for failure. What incentive does a high school QB getting NIL money have to study in class? Is the school really going to declare him academically ineligible?

Now let’s suppose he goes to a school like Ironton that will graduate a kid that can read or do basic math (yes, this did happen under Lutz), what chance does he have in college even if he does get an athletic scholarship?

His entire future is being wagered in the hopes that this kid miraculously goes pro and has a decent career. Education/trades school should come first, sports second.

As for southern schools being ahead of Ohio on this topic, this focus on athletics and disregard for education is a major problem in the south. It’s why all the SEC and ACC schools pack Cincy high schools recruiting kids who academically can cut it at the next level. These schools offer northern kids incredible academic scholarships. Why? Because the public schools in the south are atrocious.
College = debt and for most kids a useless degree.

Get the bag. Open up the NIL. Who cares about a degree if you can get money. Let the less talented kids go into debt and owe their lives to big education so they can go be a nameless cog for a billion dollar corporation.

And my daughter is in her 2nd year pre med at wvu.

Unless ya going to school to be an engineer or a physician or an attorney the debt isn't worth it. Get the bag.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

RBH23, Living in cincy you are also aware that there is some cases of Peter robbing Paul ( Catholic to Catholic transfer ). You are also aware the schools outside the city are benefiting big time. People are flocking to Mason and West Chester because of their school system as well as their athletics. Lakota West have had several transfers including one committed to play for our Irish next year.
Im glad you brought up education because if parents have a chance to send their child to one of the bigger Catholic schools thru the benefit of the Ed choice program its a no brainer. Top notch education plus athletics paves the way.

Return to “Football”