Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

79Tiger
All Conference

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by 79Tiger »

Congrats to the Pirates. Bring home another State Championship to Southeast Ohio.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that would be awesome.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

great game by the wheelersburg team last night. pretty much what i expected. this burg team has really over achieved this year from what a lot of people expected and playing the way they are right now, they have a good chance to go to week 15. kudos to the coaching staff for how they are playing. depth is made by playing kids all year and this staff has done an incredible job of playing tons of sophmores and juniors all year. they have so many packages for every situation its staggering. they were substituting all night for so many different situations on offense and defense you could begin to see the difference between them and ironton by the end of the first quarter. by the 4th quarter irontons kids were were looking pretty beat up and exhausted, to thier credit they never quit. looking at each team ironton does have talent, its tough to see where the state of their program is right now however following a legend like lutz is not an easy thing and to think the success they have had would last forever is just not reasonable, but watching the game last night it was clear that burgs staff was just as step or two ahead in every facit of the game and this is more of an inditment of how good burgs staff is rather than trying to slam ironton.

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Congrats to Ironton on stringing 6 wins together and making the playoffs.

Big Congrats to Burg on the playoff win! IMHO, Burg has too many weapons for a team to guess which is coming next. You may get a Senior RB scoring 2 TD's on you, a Sophomore RB scoring 2 TD's on you...a Senior QB throwing a 80 yard pass, a Sophomore QB throwing a 80 yard pass... a Senior catching a 80 yard pass, a Sophomore catching a 80 yard pass, a Freshman catching a 80 yard pass...a Junior kicking a 45 yard field goal, a Freshman kicking a 45 yard field goal...every part of Burg's game is strong...and on Defense, one of the best in the State! Yeah, Burg Defense has given up 71 points on the year now in 11 games, but just how many of those came against our Freshmen or JV teams? LOL, Most. First team Defense is LIGHTS OUT!!!

One game at a time boys! FBT!!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

CGHornet55 wrote:I agree, Burg will win the region, but to say they will win state,they got to go through Coldwater first. I'd like to seen Burg beat Coldwater, but I don't see it happening

I am glad that you are not on the Burg Team... Because you have to vision the win before you do anything else...One game at a time , and if the Burg is fortunate enough to make it to the Final Four and play Coldwater they will go in prepared to play Burg Football and win this game...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm sure burg is focused on nobody but next week's opponents. it's us as fans that get ahead of ourselves.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Well after a whole June-July-August full of Week 1 Ironton-Burg hype, then the Week 11 hype about this game that started in Week 8&9 it is finally, finally, thank the good Lord over.

Ummm, well until next June I guess when we will read all about it again.

What Ironton was in the 70's and 80's, is it appears what Burg has and will be in today's day and age. Very dominant SEO program right now.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Next June? I'll be surprised if there isn't a thread about the next WB/Ironton game by March!

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

formerfcfan wrote:Next June? I'll be surprised if there isn't a thread about the next WB/Ironton game by March!
Lol, I think the Tigers finally realize the guard has changed.

Contrary to the song: The new boss is not the same as the old boss.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:that feeling I had down deep in my bones about a victory I found out is a kidney stone. don't get me laughing.so I don't want that feeling anymore.
good one bait

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateFan888
Waterboy

Post by PirateFan888 »

burg1 wrote:Congrats to Ironton on stringing 6 wins together and making the playoffs.

Big Congrats to Burg on the playoff win! IMHO, Burg has too many weapons for a team to guess which is coming next. You may get a Senior RB scoring 2 TD's on you, a Sophomore RB scoring 2 TD's on you...a Senior QB throwing a 80 yard pass, a Sophomore QB throwing a 80 yard pass... a Senior catching a 80 yard pass, a Sophomore catching a 80 yard pass, a Freshman catching a 80 yard pass...a Junior kicking a 45 yard field goal, a Freshman kicking a 45 yard field goal...every part of Burg's game is strong...and on Defense, one of the best in the State! Yeah, Burg Defense has given up 71 points on the year now in 11 games, but just how many of those came against our Freshmen or JV teams? LOL, Most. First team Defense is LIGHTS OUT!!!

Very good post!!! Seems to me this is the one thing few really discuss. DEPTH!!! Wheelersburg has every position covered. I would hate to be any opposing teams coaching staff.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Sport Fan wrote:
CGHornet55 wrote:I agree, Burg will win the region, but to say they will win state,they got to go through Coldwater first. I'd like to seen Burg beat Coldwater, but I don't see it happening

I am glad that you are not on the Burg Team... Because you have to vision the win before you do anything else...One game at a time , and if the Burg is fortunate enough to make it to the Final Four and play Coldwater they will go in prepared to play Burg Football and win this game...
the burg def has the weapons to play with coldwater. i'd love to see that matchup

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 11/06 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

P(irate) wrote:
Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:Page 13?!

Here is how Ironton is going to win this game:
They will receive the opening kickoff and take about 10 minutes off the clock in the first quarter. They will drive to the Wheelersburg 10 yard line and make a Field Goal. 3-0 Tigers

Then they will kick off and recover a surprise on side kick. Then they will run off another 8 minutes of the clock scoring on 3rd and goal with about 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd Quarter. 10-0 Tigers

Burg will then return the next kickoff and score TD with about 2 minutes to go in 2nd quarter. 10-7 Tigers

Burg will try their own on side kick which the Tigers will recover and move the ball quickly into field goal range 13-7 Tigers at the half.

2nd Half
Burg muffs the kickoff and starts in bad field position. They move the ball to mid field, but due to horrible calls, the drive stalls and they are forced to punt. Tigers get the ball and hold on to it until about 10 minutes to go in 4th quarter, when they push in another TD. 20-7 Tigers, 9:49 to go in the 4th

Burg then takes the kickoff and puts together a nice drive, scoring with about 4 minutes to go in the game: 20-14

They try another onside kick that the Tigers barely recover. Tigers drive into Burg territory converting on a gutsy 4th and 3. And then they take the Victory Formation and move on to week 2.

Wheelersburg gets at the most 3 Possessions in the game, and SEOPs will never be the same.

So here is my point, I think the number of possessions is going to be the key stat in this game. If Burg only touches the ball four or less times then Ironton will be right in the thick of it. If Burg gets their hands on the ball more than 5 times, then they will be difficult to beat.
More like........ Burg wins the toss and defers to the second half. Ironton goes 3 and out on first possession and forced to punt. Burg scores 9 plays later. Ironton is the forced to punt once again. The punter shanks it. Burg scores 2 plays later and personal foul on Tiger's. Burg pulls the inside kick and get the ball inside Irontons 40. Burg runs power set the whole way to the end zone and we are 21-0 my friends with 6 to go in the half. Ironton the n gets to field goal range and makes it 21-3 at half.

Burg has a nice return and starts at the Ironton 45. Play action pass to the tight end for the score. 28-3 Burg with 11:23 left in the 3rd. Ironton has a long drive that stalls just inside the 10 and have to settle for another field goal. 28-6. Burg takes time off the clock with a 14 play drive that results in a field goal. 31-6 with 10 to play. Ironton is forced to throw the ball and PICK SIX. 38-6! Personal foul on Ironton. Sack, completion, incomplete, sack and interception on Irontons next drive. Personal foul Ironton. Burg runs time off the clock and ends the game at 4 yrd line with a victory formation.
Dang that was close

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

burg1 wrote:Congrats to Ironton on stringing 6 wins together and making the playoffs.

Obviously I agree! If my memory serves me correctly our 1st defense has allowed the following scores..... Week 1 ironton 6pts, week 5 Jackson 7pts, week 7 waverly 3 pts and week 8 Minford 6 pts for a total of 22 pts in 11 games! Which is unbelievable considering some of the offenses we have faced... Defense wins championships!! Keep on Rollin Burg FBT!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dandy Don wrote:Well after a whole June-July-August full of Week 1 Ironton-Burg hype, then the Week 11 hype about this game that started in Week 8&9 it is finally, finally, thank the good Lord over.

Ummm, well until next June I guess when we will read all about it again.

What Ironton was in the 70's and 80's, is it appears what Burg has and will be in today's day and age. Very dominant SEO program right now.
Why do people keep thinking burg is just now being dominant? For years they were the smaller version of ironton. Winning regionals and one state and many SOC games. They've been good for the last 30+ years.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The state Championship was 26 years ago. Yes Burg has been a good program since then, no doubt. But the last few years they have really taken it up a notch. They may have been one of the premier teams in SEO but now they are going after the state. They made a statement last year against BH and now they are looking to expound on that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

So was irontons

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Congrats to the Burg. They played lights out tonight, much improved from week one. Hope they continue to win and represent southern Ohio and win it all.

Ironton did a great job getting into the playoffs after a tough start of the season. There is a lot to be said about never quitting. This team never quit. A lot of talent coming up. Should be another good game in about 9 months.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:Congrats to the Burg. They played lights out tonight, much improved from week one. Hope they continue to win and represent southern Ohio and win it all.

Ironton did a great job getting into the playoffs after a tough start of the season. There is a lot to be said about never quitting. This team never quit. A lot of talent coming up. Should be another good game in about 9 months.
Nice compliments. More to come hopefully for the burg. They beat a physical team by 30.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
IBTT wrote:Congrats to the Burg. They played lights out tonight, much improved from week one. Hope they continue to win and represent southern Ohio and win it all.

Nice compliments. More to come hopefully for the burg. They beat a physical team by 30.
Not only that but I thought they beat up a physical team. The burgs depth and there physical style of play on both sides of the ball just beats teams up and wears them down.

Return to “Football”