WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I just did not have any idea how the ky. teams fared in their week 1.
but you're absolutely onto something about me not being right.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FalconFan wrote:Neither team really impressed, again probably just the first game. Ironton better fix some things otherwise, they won't reach the playoffs. I've never heard such hype about a team in the offseason only to go watch and be highly let down. Burg isn't nearly as good as years past and Ironton hasn't been the same since Lutz. The kids aren't fully invested in run run run. I just hope both teams improve over the year because they need it bad.

honestly I was surprised burg didn't try going deep more. which they normally always do.but it looked like ironton was covering pretty well downfield. I think they wanted to go muscle against muscle with the tigers.and that's what happened.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:indeed. what are the records of these 3, anybody know.
Ashland is 1-0 beating Raceland 41-14... Raceland couldnt stop Ashlands run attack.. and the only way Raceland scored was thru the air.
Raceland 1-1
Russell 0-0 They play a 1-0 Greenup County Tonight that whallopped Lewis County
Beechwood 1-0 by defeating Lloyd
Hope that helped! :)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good overview BAIT.
Both squads had impressive defenses. Depth concerns me. Obviously correcting the penalties. Passing, as you mentioned, I think will come. Isaac did quite well @ his first debut. I think the play calls were in the mindset of :"let's just run, run,run & be safe with this game. It was almost like listening to a scrimmage on the webcast & you're right about shots to the foot. Even with half of the mistakes gone, we'd have a win. We were almost there until mid 3rd qrtr. Then total breakdown. Flags & turnovers.

Even coach Vaas darted the offense question in the pre-game interview. He was really confident about the defense. But when asked about the offense he really mumbled around about it. He wasn't sure. If he's not, then how can the players react or act in that mojo vibe floating around the practice/game atmosphere?

It was nice to hear Isaac get some confidence in the 4th qrtr. Passing, running, & smart decision making. He will come right Along!(who are his parents?) I grew up w/ a few of them, so if you can help out on that info. PM ME!
Id also like to see the coaches start utilizing a 4th running back more consistiently in the game to get some depth there & to not just rely on the 3. There are plenty, put one to work & get him some confidence.
Also, with Isaac's second qrtr performance, there's got to be the short pass to somewhere/someone. We can't always rely on DINO to run to the edges & get it done!!

Pass play time...

Overall, the coaches have to step up...NOW! I wished I could make the font HUGE when I say "NOW!". This sloppy play has been to prominent since Lutz's exit. Someone has to put some fear in these boys. I think the players will progress on their own as the season goes on, BUT, all the coaches need to grow a pair, & put some fear in these boys. They're begging for help in this area & SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP & get it DONE.
I made a post 2-months ago for people to STAND UP Because I was sick of the same patterns growing.
STAND UP COACHES!!!

Would love a re-match with WB. Hopefully, the tigers start rolling & take the OVC & qualify.

KUDOS to WB staff & team. Your defense & backfield got it done. They also need some improvement & I hope that cones for them & they take the SOC & move on.

Gotigersgo!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FalconFan wrote:Neither team really impressed, again probably just the first game. Ironton better fix some things otherwise, they won't reach the playoffs. I've never heard such hype about a team in the offseason only to go watch and be highly let down. Burg isn't nearly as good as years past and Ironton hasn't been the same since Lutz. The kids aren't fully invested in run run run. I just hope both teams improve over the year because they need it bad.
You are either trying to get a rise out of burg fans or you are delusional, either way you have no idea what your talking about.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Edit. Misquote.
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
You are either trying to get a rise out of burg fans or you are delusional, either way you have no idea what your talking about.
Minford beat SP. Go ahead and give em the Gold Football. :lol:

Also, we all know how well Burg teams progress from week to week. New QB, 4 new OL, overhauled defense. It will take some time. But don't worry. You all will be on the radar soon enough.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Minford needs to step up and play an Ironton or Jackson non conference schedule . Props to burg for playing these teams

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know why one of Irontons best Linemen didn't dress for the game last night? We sure could have used him, hope he's back next week.

Chase Hankins 6'1 305 SR

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

difference in burg and ironton

1 burg plays offense to SCORE ironton plays offense to keep other team off the field

2 burg plays MULTIPLE FORMATIONS (players in motion , etc etc) ironton plays 1 formation

3 burg special teams (take chances) ironton special teams need work and FAST

to out play the other team should have everyone wondering HMMMMMMMMMMM

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

wobycat wrote:
I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Do you know what you are talking about? Obviously not.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Little early to judge this burg team. This Ironton team appears to be better than last years and the game was at ironton :-D

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton hung with Burg but shot it's self in the foot will penalty after penalty.
I will give Burg credit they earned the win and are a very good football team could see these 2 meeting in playoffs again.
Ironton does need to clear up the penalties or it could be a long year I will check it off as 1st game of the season and would like to think it will be corrected the rest of the season.
Congratulations Burg for your win it was a hard fought game.
And I believe Ironton will work out the kinks in the passing game and get better at pass blocking.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg needs to clean up their play as well. Burg stopped themselves more than ironton stopped them. Not taking anything away from the tigers but burg also played sloppy!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Both ironton and burg are legit falcon fan

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

FalconFan wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Do you know what you are talking about? Obviously not.
You apparently listened to the game on the radio!!! Watching those sophomores step up and lay some people out was incredible. Very hard hitting game . Falcons should be really concerned with the burg. ;-)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

maniac66 wrote:Ironton hung with Burg but shot it's self in the foot will penalty after penalty.
I will give Burg credit they earned the win and are a very good football team could see these 2 meeting in playoffs again.
Ironton does need to clear up the penalties or it could be a long year I will check it off as 1st game of the season and would like to think it will be corrected the rest of the season.
And I believe Ironton will work out the kinks in the passing game and get better at pass blocking.
kinks in passing game ?? its called ATTEMPTS the QB is a stud he should be throwing 20 passes a game to 30 running plays

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Ironton hung with Burg but shot it's self in the foot will penalty after penalty.
kinks in passing game ?? its called ATTEMPTS the QB is a stud he should be throwing 20 passes a game to 30 running plays
when he dropped back he was rushed heavy that is kinks the pass blocking it was not there.
can pass if your forced to run ??????
or maybe you can please enlighten me on that CG-ironton fan.
When Ironton chose to pass the Wheelersburg D was in there quick and he was forced to throw a bad pass or run.
But then again maybe it wasn't kinks to be fixed it was just me misunderstanding what I heard when Ironton was passing.
A QB needs time to set his feet and pass never said the QB was not a good player or a stud.
But when he tried to pass the rush was on him quick and forced him to scramble and not take a sack.
and if a high school team gets off 50 plays a game then that is really something if you think about it.
most high school teams are lucky to ave. 40 plays due to the play calling and length of a quarter !

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

im just saying if he was allowed to throw 20 a game you would see good numbers from him (and even better numbers from the running backs) with a very low INT %

last time I checked AVG plays per game should be 30-60 range

smart QB ironton has there!!!

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

" its called ATTEMPTS the QB is a stud he should be throwing 20 passes a game to 30 running plays."

lol...you really believe this?

Return to “Football”