Ironton v Burg 2020

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by SpeedKillz »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:08 am
Kicker. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:08 am the whole thing with transfers cracks me up. You have one life to play high school football and some kids choose to go somewhere else to where they feel they will enjoy it and build life long memories from. yet we have grown people who are upset at their decision who’d thunk it
Been saying this for many years, the only ppl who worry or care about transfers are the adults. That's all I'm going to say on the transfer thing because it's not fair to this game or these kids that this game every year gets talked about by who transferred where and who got who.

Bottom line is everyone has to suit up and play the game, sounds as if Burg had to many turnovers and let this game get out of hand. Were the turnovers self inflicted or did the defense simply make a nice play to force the issue??
The transfer things is really only a big deal in that area amongst adults and I think its because most of em have secluded perceptions. They actually believe its generally abnormal because its "new" to them. To everyone else its normal everyday stuff. Its just how they have been conditioned living their lives in a small secluded region and maybe not having much experience w anything living elsewhere.

Thats part of it.

Other part is pride. Burg fanbase is feeling a way right now. Back to being the little sister.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by NewEra »

As far as transfers goes, you haven't seen anything unless you experience the ridiculousness of what it's like in Kentucky. You have social media pages that release stories and glorify it like college signing day or NBA free agency, and middle school kids are not governed so for example, 8th grader A transfers tuesday night and can be in uniform eligible immediately for your opponent on Wednesday and I'm talking about on the VARSITY level.

Return to “Football”