Playoffs:D4 #6 Union Local (9-1) @ #3 Waverly (9-1)

Kwassi
Waterboy

Post by Kwassi »

Way to go Waverly good luck next week

jm2022
Waterboy

Post by jm2022 »

Congratulations Tigers. What a game. Gust is the real deal. Played hurt and was still hard to handle. Tigers battled through injuries to top two running backs. Great game by all the Tigers but a what a game by Trevor Walls, Ryan Robertson stepping in at TB, Pettay filling in on D, and what a second half by Ian Colegrove putting pressure on the UL QB...I could keep going, but bottom line is this was a great high school football game...just glad the Tigers came out on top. Good luck Tigers vs. the Mustangs next week and please get healthy.

Prayers for Caleb Rowland who was taken off the field in an ambulance in the second half.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What a game with the Jets jumping out to an early 14-0 lead. The Tigers never tucked their tail and fought back and what a clutch TD before halftime to cut it to 21-14. I said then we had the momentum and should be able to pull it out in the 2nd half. I think the Tigers wore the Jets down with many of their key players playing both ways. Gust is an amazing player who can do it all. He was hurt and gased in the 2nd half but the Tigers had two key injuries in Malone and Rowland.

Amazing games from Ian Colegrove (the guy was everywhere), Ramone Conley (two amazing TD saving interception), Adam Pettay (game winning TD and two major sacks on the Jets last two drives), and what can you say about Trevor Walls. I don't know about his stats but the most important play he made was the scramble for a first down to seal the game.

Our prayers go up for Malone and Rowland.

The Tigers survive and advance.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Tigers on the big come from behind win. I was really impressed with their poise and determination after getting down 14-0 early in the game. They never quit and just kept plugging away until they got right back in the game. The defense really stepped up big the second half and shut out the Jets. I was really impressed with the defensive pressure they got on the Jets QB in the second half. The officials sure didn't give them any help. I can't remember one penalty being called on UL, though I'm sure they had to have one somewhere along the line. My father and I enjoyed our trip to Tiger land and sitting with a very noisy Waverly crowd. Thanks for the hospitality to two die hard Burg fans and good luck next week against Westfall. I hope the two boys that were injured are okay and that neither were seriously hurt.

Support the SOC!!!!!!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

igers2010onhuddle I hope your injured recover for next week. Also keep us updated on the one who left by ambulance.

Congrats on your win tonight, we were all cheering for you at westfall as we got the updates on the score.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Way to go Waverly Tigers :!:

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

Congrats Tigers!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

congrats TIGERS!!
only 2 remain!

The BURG & the TIGERS!

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

What an oustanding high school football game. UL's Gust and Barbina were better than advertised! They lived up to the hype. Waverly played a great game. They made several key adjustments on both sides of the ball and virtually everybody stepped up. This was truely a team effort. Hats off to Coach Wright, Coach Crabtree, Coach Roback, and the entire coaching staff. I would start naming players but I know I would leave someone out. The Tigers were down 14-0 but came back to win and shutout the Jets in the 2nd half.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

This game was as good as it gets. We sat on Union Locals side, so we got the insight on many of their players. Was told that Gust has been hurt for a couple of weeks, and then gets hurt further in the first quarter. The way he blew by the Tiger D on that first TD catch, I think the Jets would have advanced had he not gotten hurt. He was a good one.

The Tigers really impressed me. They hung in and made the plays when it counted. Walls was definitely a man out there. Can't figure out why some of the big schools aren't after him. he was effortless on many of his throws, and I'm talking about 40-50 across the field on some of those out routes.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

bookem wrote:
Now, offensively, I don't look for us to come out and pound the ball on the ground. We haven't done it all year, so I don't really see us starting now. This really worries me. When you play against a team that grinds it out, it is very important to keep your offense on the field. If we go out early and have a few three and outs, we're going to be in trouble. I know we like to attack downfield, but we can't do it at the expense of not moving the chains early. We have got to dictate the tempo of this game. We can't get behind early and try to play catch up.

Wanna recant that?

How about a little love for the Waverly OLINE, they have taken a beating all year on here but I think they were the difference in the game Sat night. Walls is getting bigtime attention, no one has offered him yet because of factors he can't control, like living in southern Ohio. Also many play great but Adam Pettay was the surprise bonus player of the game. He has not played much defense but stepped up when given the opportunity this week and stepped up BIG as well as making some great catches!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The O-line did an amazing job, especially on the last drive of the 1st half and in the 2nd half. Give Walls time and he is deadly but Waverly has to be able to run the ball and they did Saturday night. Let's pray Malone and Rowland are okay.

Another nice game from Jonas Ferguson as well. He has really stepped it up and is playing very good football.

Return to “Football”